+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About these rogue buffs

Default About these rogue buffs

Why is everyone crying about them?
    Is it cause we won't be a easy free kill now? That's my best guess.
    Last edited by Snookii; 09-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    Rogue =/= Bloodthirsty proc

Everyone.... PANIC!

As a rogue if I ever complained about another class they told me to learn to play. Now it's time to tell them the same thing.

Rogues were a guaranteed kill even for bad players in warfronts, now we get self heals and healing debuffs to finally put us on equal footing as everyone else. I was killed by a backpedaling/keyboard turning Mage over and over last night in whitefall.

He was bad, I bet he clicked everything too, but I could not outlast his self heals while half the time my cooldowns were not up to pressure him.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 09-24-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Rogues were a guaranteed kill even for bad players in warfronts, now we get self heals and healing debuffs to finally put us on equal footing as everyone else. I was killed by a backpedaling/keyboard turning Mage over and over last night in whitefall.

He was bad, I bet he clicked everything too, but I could not outlast his self heals while half the time my cooldowns were not up to pressure him.
    I made a chloro lock on the PTS.. I haven't been on in 3-4 days but I was able to beat every rogue and I've only been playing a chloro lock for 20-30 minutes and i was owning every rogue. Only one rogue gave me problems but we were about 50/50.

Marksman are actually good against a geared Chloro/Lock on PTS, based on my tests so far, we will see how it goes when I fight skilled mages after the patch goes live.

Champion

MM is still going to, easily, be the best PvP dps spec for rogues and every other one seems to be sitting in the meh still. And now 1.5 comes around... nvm that was 1.5.. GJ Trion you made another patch do exactly what you said you were gonna fix

assassins seem to be getting a slight boost to keep their place as the anti-chump rogue soul and NB and BD have just been abandoned to be PvP sub souls...

NB got a 20% heal leach, that might be nice on a warrior, especially tank since they live long enough under heat to make use of it, but NB either easily live threw focus fire (pop any CD) or die in a GCD or 2... maybe now more towards 2 with the added heals... (RS/NB seems decent just it sacrifices consistent dps, all of it)

BD entirely the same, except people dont have to waste so many points in it to get the charge.

assassin the same 1 trick, 2min CD, pony with a slight dps buff? and a built in 700 health heal pot.

Ranger, i havn't heard of any good buffs to it besides how shadowfire now buffs MM..

sabeteur bombs do more dmg, so they seem to be more viable in PvP for aoe dmg.

MM. the same sustained dps as their old 'hit and run' spikes. Added munitions. A 50% incoming heal debuff. WTF.
    Last edited by garethh; 09-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    MM is still going to, easily, be the best PvP dps spec for rogues and every other one seems to be sitting in the meh still. And now 1.5 comes around... nvm that was 1.5.. GJ Trion you made another patch do exactly what you said you were gonna fix

assassins seem to be getting a slight boost to keep their place as the anti-chump rogue soul and NB and BD have just been abandoned to be PvP sub souls...

NB got a 20% heal leach, that might be nice on a warrior, especially tank since they live long enough under heat to make use of it, but NB either easily live threw focus fire (pop any CD) or die in a GCD or 2... maybe now more towards 2 with the added heals... (RS/NB seems decent just it sacrifices consistent dps, all of it)

BD entirely the same, except people dont have to waste so many points in it to get the charge.

assassin the same 1 trick, 2min CD, pony with a slight dps buff? and a built in 700 health heal pot.

Ranger, i havn't heard of any good buffs to it besides how shadowfire now buffs MM..

sabeteur bombs do more dmg, so they seem to be more viable in PvP for aoe dmg.

MM. the same sustained dps as their old 'hit and run' spikes. Added munitions. A 50% incoming heal debuff. WTF.
    Marksman will be good for pvp, are you guys testing these builds out on the pts? Or just making random knee jerk reactions to changes made? Go test out MM in a pvp setting and make a real assessment.

Glad to see the QQ's died down and they reverted a lot of nerfs.

Some people just got a little too use to free valor that rogues have represented in warfronts for a long time.

It's like taking away taxes away from someone when it's payday but standing there actually taking the cash themselves. People notice and they don't like it.
    Farting in your dungeon and taking all the purples!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Marksman will be good for pvp, are you guys testing these builds out on the pts? Or just making random knee jerk reactions to changes made? Go test out MM in a pvp setting and make a real assessment.
    Wow you can't even pose a legitimate question without hints of troll... anyways people who have tested marksmen posted doing as good dmg, consistently, as the pre 1.5 'hit and run' dmg. Its on a thread you were posting on too odly enough

link to thread
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...bye-mm-15.html
    Last edited by garethh; 09-24-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Cause were going to be OP. These changes weren't needed for pvp viability. Were already amazing in pvp.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Cause were going to be OP. These changes weren't needed for pvp viability. Were already amazing in pvp.
    MM were already OP. Every other soul needed a buff they didn't get....

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    lol amazing in pvp.. my mage is amazing in pvp... my warrior although boring as hell is amazing in pvp... my cleric is amazing in pvp... my rogue just sucks compared to the other souls.... and its not a L2P issue I have played every class for a good amount of time and mage I'd is most difficult since you can't macro much on them and have a ton of skills to use. Rogue is just silly underpowered compared to other classes given same gear and rank. But people like you and the handful of others like you can go on and believe what you want and continue to enjoy your subpar class
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Question...
    Does fel blades or vamp work against touch of life? rofl

+ Reply to Thread