+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DPS numbers w/in 5% of Sabdancer but 20% less than warriors is 0 improvement on 9/28

/startattack is all u need, if you are at range, you shoot, if you are at melee, you melee, no reason to have 2 separate macros for this. ive tested this and simply putting startattack in my macro works perfectly well at range.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    /startattack is all u need, if you are at range, you shoot, if you are at melee, you melee, no reason to have 2 separate macros for this. ive tested this and simply putting startattack in my macro works perfectly well at range.
    Hmm... does this actually increase the DPS of the build, I've never used it and figured using puncture starts your attack since I usually preload 3 charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    Hmm... does this actually increase the DPS of the build, I've never used it and figured using puncture starts your attack since I usually preload 3 charges.
    i was referring to 46sab since you range atk, it is a huge dps boost currently on live for sabdancer as well however...
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

i was referring to 46sab since you range atk, it is a huge dps boost currently on live for sabdancer as well however...
    Hmm, Did not realize that, I figured once you start autoattacking by hitting an actual combat ability (like puncture, or backstab) you continue to auto attack even when you move into using charges, if you don't ya I can see that being a huge DPS loss due to less serrated procs, poison procs, etc.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've been trying to watch charge damage, and I'm not convinced /startattack reliably puts charge damage into "ranged" mode.

/startrangedattack seemed more reliable on this, at least for 46 sab.

Or something else wierd is going on, but I could see other debuffs on the dummy and nothing was a damage booster. Yet, with no changing of my buffs, sometimes High Explosive crit 850ish and then other applications would crit tick 991. When I used /startrangedattack, was always 991.

I meant to try some other things out, but the Redskins game came on
    Last edited by Kurieg; 09-27-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    I've been trying to watch charge damage, and I'm not convinced /startattack reliably puts charge damage into "ranged" mode.

/startrangedattack seemed more reliable on this, at least for 46 sab.

Or something else wierd is going on, but I could see other debuffs on the dummy and nothing was a damage booster. Yet, with no changing of my buffs, sometimes High Explosive crit 850ish and then other applications would crit tick 991. When I used /startrangedattack, was always 991.

I meant to try some other things out, but the Redskins game came on
    it's all tied to detonate, and 99% of the time, if you have rng or mm as your soul, charges go to range dmg, this even occurs many times for me when im in melee range (as i will see my gun come out for a split second until i hit my startattack macro again to melee).

it's not hard to tell if there is a nice difference in dps between the two if you use ACT parser. for some bosses (like herald) 100% of all my charges were ranged even though i had startattack going and was melee'ing the entire fight.

I thought this was kinda undersfood. I was refering to macroing the actual gcd abilities.

RIFT Guide Writer

it's all tied to detonate, and 99% of the time, if you have rng or mm as your soul, charges go to range dmg, this even occurs many times for me when im in melee range (as i will see my gun come out for a split second until i hit my startattack macro again to melee).

it's not hard to tell if there is a nice difference in dps between the two if you use ACT parser. for some bosses (like herald) 100% of all my charges were ranged even though i had startattack going and was melee'ing the entire fight.
    I get all that except /startattack wasn't being reliable for me at range yesterday on PTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4