+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could I get some low level bard tips please

Telaran

Default Could I get some low level bard tips please

I have leveled a Cleric and a warrior. I am now leveling a Rogue. I have a spec for MM and Sin and am trying out a bard for the third. I am only having issues with the bard. I am currently level 23 and not seeing much that bard has to offer at this level. I feel really squishy and do not see a whole lot that I offer.
    Any play tips? Mostly in PvP i just hang in the back trying to keep buffs up and assist. In PvE I am trying to improve my kiting abilities. How does a bard survive the 20's and at what level does his abiliities really come into play? Appreciate any helpful advice.

Soulwalker

rogues cant give advice on forums. next thing you know they will nerf bards. sorry.

Plane Touched

For pvp, you can mix bard with RS for more survivabilty since you will be focused even more than they focus on cleric/mage (bard is far squishier than cleric/mage). Yep, you are doing it right. Bard should stay in back line, spam buffs+ cadence, sometimes you can step up and combat-sap some key targets (like another bard, a healer, or a warrior that is wailing your team main healer).

For pve, especially for solo, you should not go deep into bard. You need dps to take down mobs and bard does not do any dmg. YOu should Use any dps souls for main soul + few pt into bard for cadence. That is it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ghannicus View Post
    rogues cant give advice on forums. next thing you know they will nerf bards. sorry.
    I know you are just trying to be funny, but I feel I do need help playing a bard. I have never played this type of class before and feel like a fish out of water. I am trying to get feed back from other bards on their playstyles so I can be a better player.

Rift Chaser

at your current level bards really aren't too effective, try at about 30+ because as it is now you don't have enough talent points to gain whats really effective for pvp

Shadowlander

I'm pretty new myself, so I'm going through the same thing as you. However I've found a pretty nice bard/rs/sab build. Heals are ok (can never beat a pure healer).

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpcT.VIx0z.Vc">Riftstalker (17) / Bard (8) / Saboteur (0)</a>

I'm using something like this.

Basically you'll be fighting in groups, where you spam Cadence and motifs up. use the adhesive bomb from the sab soul to slow fang carriers/ slow enemies coming to kill your FC. Your finisher should either be detonate (even without charges it's more damage than the bard's finisher) or rift guard for when it's a heavy group on group fight to ensure you survive long enough to keep everyone up.

Killing power is surprisingly high- just 5 charges and a detonate takes 40-60% of a enemies health pool. Usually i spot a warrior running towards me. I begin pinging on charges and detonate, leaving him with ~50-60% health. Ahesive bomb and run/planeshift away, and continue chargest. Boom! Dead warrior.

Usually you have trouble with mobile ranged i.e. marksmen or rangers.

Use pets to spam cadence if enemies are too far away. Lowbie pet control is non-existent.

As you pass your mid twenties, I've heard night blade is a better 3rd soul (get the 5 points combo point dmg increase and 3 points in Unstable state.

never stop using adhesive bomb - it'll be the death of many melee classes. Cadence, motifs and rift guard to be defensive. Use charges and detonate to be offensive. As you go higher, spec into Riftstalker's planeshifting talents like shadow mastery or hasted time (lowered cooldown and faster runspeed), and spec into the healing aspects of the bard. This build becomes very very strong in flagrunning as you're like a hardy speedster, running around and supporting everyone.

just my 2cu

+ Reply to Thread