+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Objectively - Rogues Are Fine in PvE

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Objectively - Rogues Are Fine in PvE

You know how I know this? Virtually every Hammerknell guild is recruiting rogues, and they are very difficult to find. In fact, the Rogue class is in high demand.

Rogues may not be able to out-DPS warriors, out-heal chloros, or out-tank... well, anyone, but they are still the most-wanted class by most guilds. This means that any competent, raid-experienced rogue can get into a progression HK guild and get a raid spot.

My guild is no exception. We're 4/11 HK and we've never had more than 3 rogues in a raid. It's not from lack of trying, but rather lack of rogues. We've been begging for rogues -- especially a bard -- on the travel shard hub for weeks (and so has everyone else) but despite getting a torrent of applicants from most classes, all we get from the rogue community is crickets, as progression raiding guilds fight over the few rogues who are available.

Conclusion? Rogues must be fine. If they weren't, guilds like mine wouldn't be so desperate for them.

Shameless plug: If you have the gear and experience, we could use you in HK, right now as we work on progression. www.negativeghostrider.org
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-23-2011 at 10:11 PM.

you need rogues to incriminate so warriors dont pull agro.

Soulwalker

Interesting pov, perhaps you should also consider why there is a lack of rogues in the first place.

Plane Touched

Really Dun..

The reason rogues are so hard to find, is because no one believes they are fine. Things aren't hard to find when they are fine.

Keep looking though, I am sure come 1.5 there will be even less to find since our promised glory days amounted to 2 days of fun on the PTS. Nothing more, nothing less. 2 days of sunshine.

Looking forward to 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    Really Dun..

The reason rogues are so hard to find, is because no one believes they are fine. Things aren't hard to find when they are fine.

Keep looking though, I am sure come 1.5 there will be even less to find since our promised glory days amounted to 2 days of fun on the PTS. Nothing more, nothing less. 2 days of sunshine.

Looking forward to 1.6.
    Hey in all seriousness, can you explain why you and others are bemoaning the PTS? As far as I can tell the nerfs were only 5% AP and 5% damage removed from the RS tree and that tree is still significantly better on PTS than it is on live.

Were there other changes to other souls that I missed? If so, please clue me in. I am a bit lost on this. I'm still pretty excited about 1.5 but maybe I'm just missing things.

thats how we feel about mages

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

it's hard to find rogue because nobody want to play a gimped class. Three things rogue can do in raid, DPS, tank and bard. you only need 1 bard in a raid. Rogue can't tank any boss in HK, even w/ 1.5 changes. that leaves DPS, there's only one rogue dps spec(sabdancer) that's even remotely competitive, but it still come in 2nd to warrior dps. Trion is gonna kill off 25% of their game if they continue to let this persist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Hey in all seriousness, can you explain why you and others are bemoaning the PTS? As far as I can tell the nerfs were only 5% AP and 5% damage removed from the RS tree and that tree is still significantly better on PTS than it is on live.

Were there other changes to other souls that I missed? If so, please clue me in. I am a bit lost on this. I'm still pretty excited about 1.5 but maybe I'm just missing things.
    PVP wise, rogues got a fair amount of buffs(and the death of MM, depending on who you talk to). PVE wise, it's basically just the same old tired sh!t that we've been using since the change to DD. Except now you can roll 44 or 46 points in Sab and drop BD altogether. There is the whole tank thing being semi addressed, and everyone and their mother crying to high heaven that we still don't have competitive/comparable DPS to our warrior overlords.

Personally, I'm disappointed that I'll probably be using the same builds post 1.5 as I am right now. Yeah, there is that whole blinkblade thing, but really, I already use all 5 of my soul slots, I simply can't justify deleting one for a raid spec that I can only use sometimes. I sure as **** don't want to play a damned ranged DPS build either.
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 09-23-2011 at 11:14 PM.

rogues are in high demand because you need them to incrim so the wars dont pull agro and theyre hard to find because all the rogues are quitting because theyre tired of being incrim bots.

lol.

Rift Disciple

I agree bard buff bot or incrim bot thats how simpe it is. I won't play sabodancer SO i always end up top 5 if lucky behind mages wars AND clerics.

I will ding P8 and then I expect I will pull to top 3 but that only untill my guild clears some HK and trash weps start drip feeding down. If 1.5 doesnt push me into the top slot or close to it then Trion can stick it.

Rift Disciple

Objectively: You sir should just delete your char, burn your computer and move to an island without even electricity.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cspeedy View Post
    Interesting pov, perhaps you should also consider why there is a lack of rogues in the first place.
    I see more guilded raids/pugs asking for clerics and mages in pve than they do for Rogues and Warriors.

Rogue Pve dps is a problem as some think, yes pvp they might of needed a boost, but no way in pve, its a joke that they still leave the std of clerics and mages to suck, clerics is just laughable and totally out of order.
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-24-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noerkel View Post
    Objectively: You sir should just delete your char, burn your computer and move to an island without even electricity.
    Thank you for this enlightening and edifying contribution, Mr. 31 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    I see more guilded raids/pugs asking for clerics and mages in pve than they do for Rogues and Warriors.

Rogue Pve dps is a problem as some think, yes pvp they might of needed a boost, but no way in pve, its a joke that they still leave the std of clerics and mages to suck, clerics is just laughable and totally out of order.
    Clerics destroy on heavy AOE fights like Zilas and Matron. I got a parse somewhere of our Cabby doing 4k DPS on Matron. No lie. Single target is bad though, yeah.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-24-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Theirs not many Defiant rogues. The guardian hub is just looking for mages, clerics and warriors.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Thank you for this enlightening and edifying contribution, Mr. 31 posts.

Clerics destroy on heavy AOE fights like Zilas and Matron. I got a parse somewhere of our Cabby doing 4k DPS on Matron. No lie. Single target is bad though, yeah.
    Thats the problem, clerics just being very good at aoe, better than mages in most cases, is stupid.
    They need there std increased and mages need theres increased also.

They know they can do it and not affect pvp, they do it already to Pyro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast