+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MM--> Out of curiosity

Default MM--> Out of curiosity

Who out there has tested deep MM on the PTS with the current changes, and how many WFs did you do?

I'm curious as to mobility, lethality and team integration currently (not theorycrafting or whining without experience...just people who have actually tried it)

Oh come on! SOMEBODY out there tried some WFs with the PTS changes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    Oh come on! SOMEBODY out there tried some WFs with the PTS changes, right?
    no wf queues been up since latest mm changes that i have seen, so cant test it yet.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

MM is dead for PvP; don't believe the hype of the people that dueled and attacked target dummies on the PTS.

Those of us that were in Warfronts since Hit and Run was removed know this to be true.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 09-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

It is not just that hit and run is gone they made it so if you move around you lose dps with all MM attacks. I really dont understand why they would do this since MM has so many spells that boost run speed and allow you to kite other players but now if you try to kite someone you will lose 25% of your dmg... That is the really big killer. I have not played on the PTS but I did make a thread somewhat like yours asking how MM does in PvP and I was told the same thing.. MM is Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    MM is dead for PvP; don't believe the hype of the people that dueled and attacked target dummies on the PTS.

Those of us that were in Warfronts since Hit and Run was removed know this to be true.

- Vybz
    Didn't we already come to the conclussion that u just cant adapt to the new playstyle of MM and therefor it's your lack of skills that make it not viable in PvP?

MM is actually stronger in warfronts now than ever before. People that are able to adapt to the changes are perfectly fine with the changes.

@OP
    You will need to test it for yourself. If you can change your playstyle accordingly you will love MM in PvP now, if you try to play it 100% like before then u might be disappointed.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-24-2011 at 04:54 AM.

I have not played on the PTS and that is the reason I had started some other threads about this issue. I know a lot of people that are PvE'ers dont understand what little differences can make from movement in PvP Marksman was all about being able to stay on the move and kite warriors,rogues ect.. now for a MM to do the most dmg they have to stop trying to kite and stand there while a warrior or Assassin rips a Marksman a new one. I know overall every other soul got at least a small buff PvP wise but Marksman got a really big nerf. It makes no sense to me at all and it seems that wanted to kill MM since they take out Hit and Run then they make it so that if we move we do 25% less dmg so now we are pretty much doing the same dmg as before with swift shot maybe a little less are not able to use emp shot and deadeye shot to defend ourselfs and pretty much have to sit there in melee range since we are not allow to move yet Warriors can port all over the place and not lose dmg for it.. Trion is really ****ing messed up for even allow such a thing to happen. I know there are people that dont care since that is not there playstyle but the biggest thing about MM was being able to kite and stay on the move unless I needed to drop a pedistal but even then I was allow to run freely for 15 seconds before I had to drop another one..

I dueled some people, but I had full PvP gear, so I was missing a lot.

Anyway, Casters are lol to us, as usual, and melee are still killable, but they require some work.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    I have not played on the PTS and that is the reason I had started some other threads about this issue. I know a lot of people that are PvE'ers dont understand what little differences can make from movement in PvP Marksman was all about being able to stay on the move and kite warriors,rogues ect.. now for a MM to do the most dmg they have to stop trying to kite and stand there while a warrior or Assassin rips a Marksman a new one. I know overall every other soul got at least a small buff PvP wise but Marksman got a really big nerf. It makes no sense to me at all and it seems that wanted to kill MM since they take out Hit and Run then they make it so that if we move we do 25% less dmg so now we are pretty much doing the same dmg as before with swift shot maybe a little less are not able to use emp shot and deadeye shot to defend ourselfs and pretty much have to sit there in melee range since we are not allow to move yet Warriors can port all over the place and not lose dmg for it.. Trion is really ****ing messed up for even allow such a thing to happen. I know there are people that dont care since that is not there playstyle but the biggest thing about MM was being able to kite and stay on the move unless I needed to drop a pedistal but even then I was allow to run freely for 15 seconds before I had to drop another one..
    You said it yourself... you didn't even test it yet, but you complain anyways.
    TRY.IT.AND.THEN.COMPLAIN.IF.NEEDED.
    MM won't be a 1on1 char anymore (and it wasn't much of that one even with ihnr) but the damage output and high hitting finishers make it like a 1.1 pyro.
    A groupchar that exceels at focussing down targets through high pressure and high hitting finishers with interrupt and purge as utility - at 35m range.

tl;dr:
    Adapt to the changes and u will LOVE the new MM.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-24-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Shadowlander

I have not played on the PTS and that is the reason I had started some other threads about this issue.
    The OP wanted info on deep spec"ed MM from someone who has played pvp on PTS. Go play it then your posts look like "Informed" posts, rather than just random QQ's.

Shadowlander

EXAMPLE !!!!!!
    Yes I already did unsub and I will not be playing in 1.5 since my sub right before it. I play a MM now and I do very well in PvP ( I dont give a damn about PvE ) but now that they are taking away the Burst that Marksman has it will be pointless to play. I love MM in its current state I play 38MM/18Sin/10Infil and I do very very well and I have a lot of fun. I dont always need Hit and Run but when I do need to defend myself when there are no healers around I will pop that and Burst down a defy.. Now that MM will no longer have Burst and Trion is pretty much making it a pointless soul unless you wanna pruge at 44pnts and thats all it will now be good for..

**** you Trion...
    Thats alot of QQ for someone who hasnt even tried it,and since you unsubbed, so you say, why do you even care. ADAPT AND OVERCOME OR JUST QUIT THE QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    no wf queues been up since latest mm changes that i have seen, so cant test it yet.
    Thanks. I was curious if that might be the case. Looks like the smattering of experience of experience to date is dualing.

Wednesday will be wild in PvPland as we adapt and fine tune. It does look like they're shifting the PvP preference a tad more towards the melee side.

Rift Disciple

if you have every played MM for more than an hour you'll be able to tell the spec has been killed in PVP. IHNR was the only thing that made it come as close as it could to warriors and mages. it shows how incompetence the devs are.

a similiarly geared and skilled mage can get the same amount of kbs, twice the amount of dmg and HEAL their teammates at the same time. don't even bother with warrior. but MM HAS TO BE NERFED TOO MUCH BURST QQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!

Last edited by AnotherAoC; 09-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

can't adapt to the new play style? LOL you mean instead of kiting melee and jumping to avoid rogue's openers you now stand in one place? yah that's too hard for me to handle i'm going to quit.
    Last edited by AnotherAoC; 09-24-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Plane Touched

I tried MM after they removed.

MM works in duels cuz in duels you only have to worry about 1 target and with the 50% healing debuff and our boosted DPS we can easy take it down.

MM does not work on WF, with the crazy ammount of random healing/dispels and ppl zerging around we can not allow ourselfs to stand still more then 1.5s unless we want to be charged by something with a BIG WEAPON.

I tried reaching the casters line like i did before with H&R, i had to run away cuz their whole team jumped on me and i did zero damage, to even survive i had to kite the warriors who don't like me cuz of eradicate wich resulted in a DPS loss

So... other wf then codex where you can have high ground vantage and with skilled use of Repeling Shot you can keep enemys at bay, MM does not work very well just cuz you have to stand still.

The old sniper pedastal was better... at least give me dps on the run for a small price of 1 GCD
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast