Soulwalker

Default Help @ pvp - marksman is awful

or at least I am.

Mages, throw some dots, then spam self heals

Cleric, out range dps me, also have bubble/heals when needed

Warrior, charge, snare, GG... also my arrows hit for about 2% of his life

Melee Rogue, eat me alive

Ranged Rogue, kinda fun fight actually.

HELP! .. pvp is so incredibly boring, I've had the game for 2 months and I've leveled about 8 different characters to mid 30's then reroll as shard/guild/whatever gets old.

I'm on my LAST character, I'm done leveling only to lose interest, but as usual (the common reason I lose interest) is that all I want to play is a ranged type character, I like bows (always have in all MMO or RPG I play)... but wow Marksman is just really reallly REALLY weak imo vs. all other classes... PLEASE tell me we're actually half decent at 50.. or do mages still just dot/fear/outheal us, clerics stand and out range us.. then bubble, warriors just charge and kill us in 2 hits....

again, PLEASE help because I'm obviously playing the game WAY wrong. thx.
    /waiting for SWTOR

Rift Disciple

The game effectively begins at 50. The other **** before then is a long and painful hurdle.

That being said, MM is more of a utility spec with eradicate in PvP than it is a killing spec. Warriors remain the killers, clerics the best healers + dirty aoe, mages the most annoying, and rogues the free bloodthirsty proc.

In 1.5 MM loses it's only real burst (And therefore killing ability) in exchange for some more, you guessed it, support based utility functions and higher sustained damage.

As far as dying whenever something non-rogue looks at you funny... Working as intended.

As far as you not being able to kill anything except another rogue... Working as intended.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tigolbitties View Post
    The game effectively begins at 50. The other **** before then is a long and painful hurdle.

That being said, MM is more of a utility spec with eradicate in PvP than it is a killing spec. Warriors remain the killers, clerics the best healers + dirty aoe, mages the most annoying, and rogues the free bloodthirsty proc.

In 1.5 MM loses it's only real burst (And therefore killing ability) in exchange for some more, you guessed it, support based utility functions and higher sustained damage.

As far as dying whenever something non-rogue looks at you funny... Working as intended.

As far as you not being able to kill anything except another rogue... Working as intended.
    Awe, that's too bad - but your input is MUCH appreciated... going to decide what to do from here.. I suppose that's why there are so many 'bards', rogues probably were designed to be the best "support", disappointing.

Thanks again for the info.
    /waiting for SWTOR

Soulwalker

I've been top of damage done and killing blows, I would say 95% of the games as a marksman from every warfront except for level 50 wich I haven't reached so far. You need to kite and know when to interrupt their spellcasting. Rogues and warriors are free kill since I'm alot faster than them and can break their snares and stuns 4 times and stay snare free for 20 sec while running twice their speed and dealing great dmg.

I can't say for level 50 tho, but before it, I can tell almost every marskman I found didn't know how to kite and would stay there firing their silly arrows.

As a Rank 8 Marksman I usually do very well in the killing department. But yes, in 1.5 MM is getting neutered, and Im quite sad.
    Seastone - Pale - Rank 8 Rogue

Plane Walker

At rank 8, my MM is a killing machine. That will remain to be seen with the upcoming MM changes to PvP. I have a feeling at high rank it will still kill pretty efficiently, but at low ranks it will suck bad. I would say tanks (shield) are the biggest challenge to a MM followed by assassins currently. Most assassins can be dodged pretty easy with on the double and the jump back thingy.

+ Reply to Thread