+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What stat increases Bard abilities?

Soulwalker

Default What stat increases Bard abilities?

Can somebody tell me what stat improves Bard abilities?

I thought Spell Power might make things like Cadence do more, but after some quick testing it seems that wasn't so.

So is there any stat I can enhance to try and get more out of Bard abilities?

Ascendant

Attack power.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Soulwalker

So stacking Dex and Str should be what I'm looking for then mostly?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by random player View Post
    Can somebody tell me what stat improves Bard abilities?

I thought Spell Power might make things like Cadence do more, but after some quick testing it seems that wasn't so.

So is there any stat I can enhance to try and get more out of Bard abilities?
    It really will not make much difference. I'm stacked up to 950 AP on my bard spec and my cadence does about 270 a tick at best. W/o gear you can probably hit 175... so congrats on your 90/tick improvement....

*twirls finger*

Bards do not need gear to bard. It's one of the major gripes on the bard spec and Trion's view of it.

Cadence is based off weapon damage, so getting a higher DPS weapon and stacking AP is all you can really do to improve it. AP also feeds through to Coda of Restoration, and is much better than crit if you have a choice between the two in what to stack.

Looks like all we get from 1.5 is a ****ty version of what we all ready have. Thanks Trion.

Hey; sorry for a necro post!

So AP and weapon damage affect Cadence. Which weapon dmg? Also, is it the dps stat or the actual dmg range?

Thank you!

Doing quick tests at low level, I could only get Cadence to change based on Main Hand DPS, that doesn't seem right though...
    Last edited by MaddBomber83; 10-16-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Face it, AP scaling with ANY bard damaging abilities is next to null.

Well to be clear, there is conversation in my guild about how weapons affect bard abilities, specifically cadence and the dps of the weapon. So, does the dps of a weapon matter when it comes to cadence and what dps value do we need to consider?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Cadence is based off weapon damage, so getting a higher DPS weapon and stacking AP is all you can really do to improve it. AP also feeds through to Coda of Restoration, and is much better than crit if you have a choice between the two in what to stack.
    If that's so then I see didly sh!t improvement using 44dps r8 weapons over 20dps blues.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Adding some point in NB help as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    It really will not make much difference. I'm stacked up to 950 AP on my bard spec and my cadence does about 270 a tick at best. W/o gear you can probably hit 175... so congrats on your 90/tick improvement....
    You can hit like 350(crt) if you spec some pt into NB to buff the damage. A AOE spamming heal that heal 1k every 3sec and do 1k dmg (exclude proc) and give combo point as well.
    Who complaining?
    Last edited by Wawer; 10-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread