+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trion Logic

Default Trion Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey everyone,

To refresh all of our memories, here’s what we set out to do:

Overall Gameplay Goals for Rogues in 1.5:[*]Competitive PvP DPS. You should fear seeing a Rogue the same way you see a Warrior. Of equal Prestige Rank, the two should be capable of providing a similar amount of PvP threat.

MARKSMAN
    Gameplay goals: No longer suffers an identity crisis around being the mobile-soul-that-requires-mostly-stationary-play. [LIST]
    * Marksman's Pedestal and Sniper's Pedestal have been removed.
    * Hit and Run/Improved Hit and Run have been removed
    * Master Archer: Ability changed - Whenever you are standing still, your damage with ranged weapons is increased by 1-5%. The damage bonus is increased by 1% for every point spent in the Marksman Soul above 20.
    Let me get this straight:
    * No more mobile damage buff? Check
    * Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot can no longer be cast while mobile? Mobile class with cast time finisher? Check
    * We now lose a minimum of 55% damage in pvp while mobile (-30% valor, -25% master archer @40pts) Check

These changes don't constitute an identity crisis to you?
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 09-23-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

but the dmg is huge when standing still, many times in wf you wont be attacked so you can stand there and literally kill people like a stationary glass cannon you are. it's a change for the better as now you cant just run in and kill 3 ppl with hit n run then run away and stealth till cooldowns are back up.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Does not matter, the herp derp generation are all quitting for new MMO's they think will be the perfect game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Does not matter, the herp derp generation are all quitting for new MMO's they think will be the perfect game.
    i started this game in beta 7 when swtor still had an april 2011 release date, i said cool, a new mmo i can play till tor is released! this game comes out and tor is pushed back what appears to be indefinitely... some of us never intended to stay here long at all, dont blame the state of the game with us jumping ship...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i started this game in beta 7 when swtor still had an april 2011 release date, i said cool, a new mmo i can play till tor is released! this game comes out and tor is pushed back what appears to be indefinitely... some of us never intended to stay here long at all, dont blame the state of the game with us jumping ship...
    I started this game with a genuine (allbeit utterly unfounded and foolhardy) hope that Trion would run a game similar enough to WoW but without its faults. Instead I got exactly wow again, with a different colour scheme.

On pvp: Why do I need to pvp to be able to pvp effectively? Why can I earn gear regardless of skill? Why is the diminishing returns setup of rift pvp utterly awful, leading to just mass zerging? Why do your "break free" skills actually grant IMMUNITY for a duration? Why do I need to stack an arbitrary valor, sorry er resilience stat? Why is healing not reduced by this stat? If healing was reduced by valor you wouldn't need the blanket "heals do less in pvp" changes. I could go on...

On pve: Why must one class play exactly 1 spec for 3+ patches if they want to compete for the top spot? Why is only 1 spec viable at a time when the entire point of the soul system is choice and diversity? Why is the raid tank soul of a class left utterly useless for 6 weeks, and then ignored when that class receives its overall fixes (seriously why would you leave this out!?) ? Why with 3 ranged souls can I not have a semi decent ranged dps build? Why does the pet class receive no noticeable scaling for its pet!? Why is it that there is a crit cap when all the drops are freakin itemized for CRIT!? Again I could go on for a long time...

Most importantly though, why would I continue paying to be taken for a ride when there is a better option on the table?
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

Rift Disciple

I would like to see MM have some sort of either casted or stationary 'thing' that would increase PVE damage, IE a buff like currently they have, or some type of shot used only in PVE.

Likewise in PVP I'd like to see MM not need to stop moving if they don't need to, and still be a menace. Once I get 5 points and debuffs on you, I 'should' hurt.

*My RB/Champ/Para does my damage at level 39 than my level 47 MM/Sin/NB :[ Both in full blues w/ Weapon ENchants

51 point Rogue builds are going to be good in PvP I think. 51 Sin, 51 MM, 51 NB are all pretty beefy, or at least as best as I can tell. I haven't had time to delve into hybrid spec testing yet.
    Even free cost too much now

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    The first few months of any MMO are the most fun to play. But you blame the 'herp derp generation' for why people are leaving Rift?? you do know that their PvP content is attrocious to say the least and they balance classes on forum QQ. FORUM QQ. They didn't get an experienced game tester and give them random specs to test out, they didn't even pop out microsoft calculator and punch a few number.... they acted like ragingly pissed off people knew exactly what they were talking about...

The only difference between you and what I've seen of this 'derp generation' is that for you work is some focusing task that brings a goal in mind and you expect to gain some reward out of it for no other reason than you are doing work and so, because of that, you enjoy it.. when I do a bunch of work... I did a bunch of work, in itself not necessarily fun, not necessarily boring, probably something not worth spending money on. That means these lazy design teams that fallow in the footsteps of most of hollywood and promise excellence just to end up rehashing some ****ty content in hopes of making some assuredly easy money, well, become forgettable after that few month thrill of a new game is over.

Even WAR did a better job than Rift, and it had a miriade of problems to say the least, meaning its not perfection im looking for but entertainment. Something Rift either forgot about while debating how many months of payed vacation they want or thought they nailed on the head after an intern switched all the Rift links to WoW.. either way, for PvP imo the game is only worth the time it takes to hit lvl 50
    Last edited by garethh; 09-23-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Too bad SWTOR is trash(at least so far in beta).

There's a life cycle for every MMO, the first 3 months are strong, then the next 3 months slowly lose players, after 6 months another big drop off and after a year another.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Too bad SWTOR is trash(at least so far in beta).
    Ironically, the TOR beta has made me like Rift even more. About the only think it does better is give you a DR bar for PVP. People are going to be pissed when they're bored of the same old same old after the initial novelty of lightsabers wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Ironically, the TOR beta has made me like Rift even more. About the only think it does better is give you a DR bar for PVP. People are going to be pissed when they're bored of the same old same old after the initial novelty of lightsabers wears off.
    It's like you guys are just starting to have the discussions that took place 5 months ago already on the TOR forums, most people are well aware there is nothing new to TORs mechanics, that's not the reason why people are enjoying the beta and it's not its selling point.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    Even WAR did a better job than Rift, and it had a miriade of problems to say the least, meaning its not perfection im looking for but entertainment. Something Rift either forgot about while debating how many months of payed vacation they want or thought they nailed on the head after an intern switched all the Rift links to WoW.. either way, for PvP imo the game is only worth the time it takes to hit lvl 50
    It is fine to complain, it is fine to exagerate, hyperbole sure. But to flat out lie? WAR is the steaming pile of garbage to which all MMOs will aspire not to be. End game completely broken for forever? Check. Class balance completely broken? Check. Servers crashing all the time? Check. Incredibly boring, repetitive, un-challenging content? Check.

I mean, I'm hard pressed to name a major MMO with as many issues as WAR had EVER!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WAR! What a joke that game was! Rift is miles better.
    Even free cost too much now

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    It is fine to complain, it is fine to exagerate, hyperbole sure. But to flat out lie? WAR is the steaming pile of garbage to which all MMOs will aspire not to be. End game completely broken for forever? Check. Class balance completely broken? Check. Servers crashing all the time? Check. Incredibly boring, repetitive, un-challenging content? Check.

I mean, I'm hard pressed to name a major MMO with as many issues as WAR had EVER!
    I played WAR for a year and a half on and off, only ended up quiting because of dev-related madness. I canceled Rift after 4 months. You seem to act like i didn't point it out, WAR had 99 problems but PvP wasn't one.

It was imbalance, yeup
    there were ****ty devs buff-nerfing their favorite classes, sure
    a decent gear gap (not near as bad as Rift's), yeup
    servers were pretty trashy, for sure

But the makep of its PvP so far is unbeaten. PvP thrives on competition and WAR gave just that... so it lived, for probly longer than Rift will, even with the metric ****-ton of problems it had and no new PvE content patches... ever..
    Last edited by garethh; 09-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I played WAR for a year and a half on and off, only ended up quiting because of dev-related madness. I canceled Rift after 4 months. You seem to act like i didn't point it out, WAR had 99 problems but PvP wasn't one.

It was imbalance, yeup
    there were ****ty devs buff-nerfing their favorite classes, sure
    a decent gear gap (not near as bad as Rift's), yeup

But the makep of its PvP so far is unbeaten. PvP thrives on competition and WAR gave just that... so it lived, for probly longer than Rift will, even with the metric ****-ton of problems it had and no new PvE content patches... ever..
    I watched a Choppa by himself kill a 6-man group of players one rank below him. I've never seen or heard of a gear differential that extreme in any other MMO. Certainly not Rift.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast