+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!

Default Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!

In Patch 1.6

In case you haven't seen:

We’ll be taking a broader look at raid tanking as a whole in Update 1.6, these [Patch 1.5] changes are not meant to address that topic.
    Posted by Elrar, nonethelss.

My response:

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-apollo13.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-apollo13b.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-jek.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-ackbar.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-ozone.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-dc10.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-thething-1.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-thething2.jpg

Good news! Trion are looking at raid tanking!-titanic.jpg

At this point, I got bored. I think I made myself clear:

Elrar, you go and talk to the rogue tank developer (if he isn't just a made up person), and you tell him:

"NO! YOU GO TO YOUR ROOM AND YOU FIX ROGUE TANKING THIS INSTANCE, YOUNG MAN!"

The fact that I vastly out gear my guild's warrior MT, yet take so much more damage that some bosses are untankable for me is a BUG. It is a game breaking bug. You fix it! Fix it! Fiiiiiiix itttttttttttttttttttttttt!
    Last edited by Vera; 09-22-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Trions IS looking at raid tanking!

I don't want to wait 2 months for a fix that should have been made... two months ago.

Soulwalker

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Trions IS looking at raid tanking!
    ......In 1.6

Don't worry. Trion will probably just remove guardian phase and turn riftstalker into a pvp soul in 1.6. That'll "fix" their little "problem".

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be around to see this particular update. Good luck fellow Riftstalkers, I'm counting on all of you.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll be around to see this particular update. Good luck fellow Riftstalkers, I'm counting on all of you.
    o.O' why are you counting on them?!

Rift Chaser

What I don't understand is why they would need to wait for 1.6 to address the single biggest issue of rogue tanks. All they need to do is triple the mitigation of Shadow Guard to make us viable in HK. It would only require 2 minutes of editing the code. It is completely beyond me why they would need a few more months to do just that.

Put 2 minutes of effort into that, then leave the fine tuning for 1.6, and we would be satisfied.
    Last edited by Threx; 09-23-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    What I don't understand is why they would need to wait for 1.6 to address the single biggest issue of rogue tanks. All they need to do is triple the mitigation of Shadow Guard to make us viable in HK. It would only require 2 minutes of editing the code. It is completely beyond me why they would need a few more months to do just that.

Put 2 minutes of effort into that, then leave the fine tuning for 1.6, and we would be satisfied.
    Right. And more importantly, we won't have Spotter's Orders, so we wouldn't even be OP; warriors would still be able to tank Hammerknell absolutely fine. Progress wouldn't really be affected that much.

It's just embarrassing that I take, with almost full T2R gear, more damage than a warrior with full T1R. If Trion don't think this is a huge oversight, no wonder they can't fix our DPS either.

No way Trion. Not good enough, I'm gone. Time to make the apologies to my guild but I can't just go and wait another buttload of time for a fix I called for 6 weeks ago now. Patience is a virtue I have, but I know when I'm being taken for a ride and they won't be milking anymore money out of me.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

Ascendant

gotta agree. the whole 1.6 thing is ****ed up.
    we needed this a while ago and now we have to wait even longer making it look as if HK will be untankable and possibly any other new content.

really i mean how hard is it to change "improved guardian phase" to add 100% armor? take a look at raid tanks over in 1.6, but make us semi viable til then.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    gotta agree. the whole 1.6 thing is ****ed up.
    we needed this a while ago and now we have to wait even longer making it look as if HK will be untankable and possibly any other new content.

really i mean how hard is it to change "improved guardian phase" to add 100% armor? take a look at raid tanks over in 1.6, but make us semi viable til then.
    I'm speechless. I really don't understand how they can just ... ignore it altogether. They're not talking to us. They put off the update another 6-8 weeks, if we're lucky.

Before, I take 2000 damage, warrior takes 1000.
    After, I take 1760 damage, warrior takes 1000.

That's not even a bandaid. May as well have done nothing at all. All the changes to our soul, and our primary role as Riftstalker is broken. Still.

But hey, the dps and peeveepee-ers can go into Riftstalker without losing dps! Wow!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Rift Chaser

f I had the attitude of most people posting I would never have played an MMO; I suffered through more broken things then this they plan on addressing the issue it obvious that most people lack patience it now now now me me me.

What ever have fun in your next game that you play for two months because something is not fixed yet

Wow... That's Fd up.

You'd think they would slap on some OP 51 pt skill and nerf it down later. At least that's the general trend for warrior dps.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Wow... That's Fd up.

You'd think they would slap on some OP 51 pt skill and nerf it down later. At least that's the general trend for warrior dps.
    They could easily do it, too, because they're already going to come back in next major update and Rogues already have other deficiencies to off-set the desire to use them. Making Rogues better mitigation temporarily won't suddenly make Warriors and Clerics unusable, as everything has already been cleared by them (save Akylios ofc).

It makes NO SENSE. It makes me rip my hair out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast