+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblaze PvE Spec

RIFT Guide Writer

Thumbs up Nightblaze PvE Spec

Spec below is for patch 1.5 that will be released this coming week as stated by Trion.

The spec is set up as 39 Nightblade 17 Assassin 10 Marksman.

Link to build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hqrMsc.0VMcx0b

Keep in mind that some talents in this calculator are not up to date with the PTS.

If anyone would like to help out and test the dps of this build and get back to me, I would appreciate it.

I also would like feedback on this build. Opinions?

Let me know if I missed something. It is later here and more than likely did miss something important.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-22-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added info

Banned

Why should we test it if you dont even post what its doing with your gear and compare it to a known spec?

Rift Master

Posting a spec (even giving it a name lolz) with no parses and wanting everyone else to do the legwork 0.o
    Last edited by Petgroup; 09-22-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Any Nightblade spec that goes that invest that many points into Nightblade needs to have Dusk to Dawn. Your obviously using Flame Thrust and Blazing Strike as your primary single target finishers, given the points you've invested in those moves that make them better. If your going to spend that many points in Nightblade than you need Dusk To Dawn so that you can make Flame Thrust and Blazing Strike hit for 40% more damage.

Sure Dusk to Dawn isn't going to root a Raid boss, but it does good damage and it makes your two primary finisher do considerably more damage.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Posting a spec (even giving it a name lolz) with no parses and wanting everyone else to do the legwork 0.o
    Were is the fun in handing everything to you?
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-23-2011 at 12:05 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Hasnasasin View Post
    Any Nightblade spec that goes that invest that many points into Nightblade needs to have Dusk to Dawn. Your obviously using Flame Thrust and Blazing Strike as your primary single target finishers, given the points you've invested in those moves that make them better. If your going to spend that many points in Nightblade than you need Dusk To Dawn so that you can make Flame Thrust and Blazing Strike hit for 40% more damage.

Sure Dusk to Dawn isn't going to root a Raid boss, but it does good damage and it makes your two primary finisher do considerably more damage.
    Thank you for pointing that out.

Updated spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VGxzhqrMss.x0x
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-23-2011 at 12:12 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Why should we test it if you dont even post what its doing with your gear and compare it to a known spec?
    I know this spec is good.

I learned from Hoko to not tell the forum community the dps a spec does; reason is the development team does listen. Damn you Hoko! You had my hit and run removed.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post

I learned from Hoko to not tell the forum community the dps a spec does; reason is the development team does listen.
    One of the most stupid thing I read this week...

wouldn't it be better to go 10 points in to riftstalker? you get the 15% ap bonus from unseen fury, and another 15% from annihilate being put up every minute. this also nets you either more healing received/less damage taken, or 15% more endurance. seems better than the ap bonus from increased firepower in the MM tree.
    Last edited by Soull; 09-23-2011 at 01:45 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    wouldn't it be better to go 10 points in to riftstalker? you get the 15% ap bonus from unseen fury, and another 15% from annihilate being put up every minute. this also nets you either more healing received/less damage taken, or 15% more endurance. seems better than the ap bonus from increased firepower in the MM tree.
    Increased Fire Power: 25% bonus attack power for 10sec when crit.
    Single Minded Focus: 5% bonus to all single target attacks.

The way I see it.... 5% loss of attack power is more than made up by the 5% bonus to damage.

Telaran

whats so good about this build?

Is it only good in dungeons when you are not taking the aggro?

Do you have a lot of downtime taking drinks with this build? I see no heals unlike buying into the Riftstalker tree.

What do you use for CP builders and what is your main finisher? I see MM has some finishers so are they better than flame thrust and blazing strike?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    whats so good about this build?

Is it only good in dungeons when you are not taking the aggro?

Do you have a lot of downtime taking drinks with this build? I see no heals unlike buying into the Riftstalker tree.

What do you use for CP builders and what is your main finisher? I see MM has some finishers so are they better than flame thrust and blazing strike?
    I would guess it is a pure DPS build.. I think that is the point.
    If you want solo leveling or grinding there are way better builds out there.

Champion of Telara

The secondary issue with the 8RS build is that you actually have to use Annihilate. This means replacing a finisher -- which Nightblade is highly focused on. Not a great trade if you can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    One of the most stupid thing I read this week...
    Stupidest?

Champion of Telara

I'm not sure whether you're trolling or if you're actually stupid.

No offense bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast