+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PTS 'Dev Test Specs' Up on PTS Forum

Rift Disciple

Default PTS 'Dev Test Specs' Up on PTS Forum

Go see and find out why no MM/Sin/xx spec is listed.

with crystal zxy got 51mm/15sin to do 2080dps beating all other ranged specs by a good amount (since sabo crystal is **** for single target dps, but it got 1990dps at range), and ranger without crystal got 1940 for me but it's bugged so i cant count it. stupid RFS doing 2500 dmg per hit = bugged, dunno how to reproduce or fix it either... hate bugs!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

Most of the specs they posted make no sense or are insanely terrible.

I am pretty sure they dont have a clue how their own talents work since they put Nightblade everywhere for the 15% extra.

Apparently they dont know themselves its 15% extra on TOOLTIP DAMAGE, and not total damage.

I am gonna completely ignore the posts made by devs about Rogues from now, just gonna read the patch notes.

27 Sin/20 RS/19 BD for Single Target Fun.

32 Sin/20 RS/10mm (4 until we check the armor penetration on bosses) for when i get the Assassin crystal.

Sabdancer for everything else.

51 MM/15 Sin when i get my 4 piece/MM Crystal, it parses quite nicely then.

Till 4 piece/mm crystal, 46 Sabo for ranged when i get a HK ranged weapon.
    Last edited by potis; 09-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    with crystal zxy got 51mm/15sin to do 2080dps beating all other ranged specs by a good amount (since sabo crystal is **** for single target dps, but it got 1990dps at range), and ranger without crystal got 1940 for me but it's bugged so i cant count it. stupid RFS doing 2500 dmg per hit = bugged, dunno how to reproduce or fix it either... hate bugs!

As my Rogue is level 48 [plan on finishing once 1.5 hits] What does 51mm/15sin look like in non BiS gear? I plan on running a petless ranged rogue, and would hope to not be a drain on eveeryone else.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihoodwink View Post
    As my Rogue is level 48 [plan on finishing once 1.5 hits] What does 51mm/15sin look like in non BiS gear? I plan on running a petless ranged rogue, and would hope to not be a drain on eveeryone else.
    Better than before, useless for raiding unless a gear requirement is met.

LINK TO THE SPECS PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

I'm debating wether RS or Sab would be a better empty soul. AOE snare or 'teleporting'

The fact that they put 1 point in RS in 38mm/27rng/1rs tells me they are not really care on min/max, and just slap points in to make it slightly different from already known builds.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Apparently they dont know themselves its 15% extra on TOOLTIP DAMAGE, and not total damage.
    It appears you are the one that doesn't know how it works. The NB +15% damage modifier actually is exactly that and it modifies damage from base ability, weapon and AP. The thing it won't increase is the bonus damage from other +damage modifiers. For example if a skill does 500 damage unmodified and then gets a 105% bonus from deadly dance to 1025 damage. Blazing Fury (+15% damage to combo builders) will not increase that 1025 to 1.15*1025=1179, instead it just gets added to the same stack with deadly dance for 500+(1.05+0.15)*500=1100.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It appears you are the one that doesn't know how it works. The NB +15% damage modifier actually is exactly that and it modifies damage from base ability, weapon and AP. The thing it won't increase is the bonus damage from other +damage modifiers. For example if a skill does 500 damage unmodified and then gets a 105% bonus from deadly dance to 1025 damage. Blazing Fury (+15% damage to combo builders) will not increase that 1025 to 1.15*1025=1179, instead it just gets added to the same stack with deadly dance for 500+(1.05+0.15)*500=1100.
    And thats my point why its useless dude.

They obviously know what it does, my point remains thats its a useless joke talent to take with other specs, even more now with 10 in MM as example.

Why would you take 10 tooltip damage over 5% extra damage and 25% attack power?

Yet they have it in so many specs, because they are clueless.
    Last edited by potis; 09-22-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Doesn't 15MM/15Rng trump the 15Sin variant by a large margin?

Rift Disciple

me needs to stop reeding the phorums.

all these nerfs nerfs nefs get me angry and depress

not 2 mention so many trolls

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScythe View Post
    Doesn't 15MM/15Rng trump the 15Sin variant by a large margin?
    yes
    10char

(Gear)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAoC View Post
    me needs to stop reeding the phorums.

all these nerfs nerfs nefs get me angry and depress

not 2 mention so many trolls
    Forums really wouldnt be forums without trolls bro its part of the history and gives us all great entertainment
    Steaming Rift in HD!
    Youtube Channel Watch my Latest Videos

EW makes 15sin better than 15rng, but you have to be at 20m. remember, 51mm has infinite energy, having another 20 energy dump is nice.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast