+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blakjak02
  • 2 Post By Greywing

Thread: Sab IS NOT FUN TO PLAY

Soulwalker

Default Sab IS NOT FUN TO PLAY

Saboteur is very boring in raids with the lame rotation. I start to fall asleep 2hours into the raid after being in sabdancer since it is the only good spec for rogue raiding(IT IS BORING AND VERY EASY). Thank god 1.5 is coming soon so we can be Ranged in raids. Anyone agree with me?

Hate to break it to you, but Sab still appears to be on top.
    Khron | DPS Rogue

Sab is my 2nd fave soul next to BD.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Khronic View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Sab still appears to be on top.
    Top in PvE and bottom in PvP.

Looks like the OP was referring to raiding. I assumed the extra "in PvE" wasn't necessary, but sorry for the confusion. =/
    Khron | DPS Rogue

Banned

With the serious lack of AoE in other souls, Sab will always be on top in one way or another.

I love sab.. My order of soul favourites--- if it was just that soul (51/0/0) would be:

Saboteur, Bladedancer, Assassin, Nightblade, Riftstalker, Marksman, Ranger

Love the bomb-y-ness... hate pets and range.

Melee is fun
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

I love Sabo, and when 1.5 goes live i will be finding the top DPS Sabo builds and using them as much as possible. Saboteur has the most stable DPS of any soul in the game IMO. Since most of its DPS is in Spike Charge and Residual Shrapnel, i can perform many different raid functions, call out mechanics, avoid all mechanics, and watch out for other players in the raid that i know tend to miss mechanics or have important jobs and may need a quick warning.

I can run in circles, jump, LoS, face away and any number of other things without noticeably decreasing my DPS output. No matter what the flavor of the week spec becomes i will always have a Sabo role, and i suspect it will always be one of my most used.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

I hate the sabdancer, but I do like the 44+ sabs. People forget how much utility they bring I think. Especially when you help people through 5-10 man dungeons. You have pretty good AoE, stuns, slows, silences, incrim. Whenever I play a 44point sab I can feel my contribution to the group. I feel I help make everyones job easier and the runs smoother.

To me it feels like people pay too much attention on parsing highest dps with this role, but you can do that and so much more for your group.

Meh it's a fun soul to play when you are good at what you do.
    Zaijiko - Sunrest - Rogue - Defiant
    PR8 - Fully geared
    PvE - BiS Pre-HK 1/10

Rift Chaser

Sab is dull as hell. So far, Rogue has been the only calling I've really found fun at all in "Rift". And yet, being forced into going sab to feel like I'm doing my job as a raider for DPS is making me not like playing. I have no political interest here, no inter-game smacktalk, and no need to be OP, or better than this or better than that. I have a very simple expectation -- that I can play Rogue more than one way and still be basically getting as much out of it. This is Rift's primary selling point, the big, diverse character system, and for Rogue's it's completely nonexistent, because you are either A) a tank (ironically enough, the least flexible calling for tanking specs as well), B) a bard (and mostly just for a couple buffs, not any interesting, skill-driven game play), or C) a DPS, which means, here and now, sabdancer or substandard.

This has driven me halfway back to WoW, dammit, where I know for fact that there's basically only one correct way to play a given spec, but at least I know that I could play multiple specs effectively for any given role. I'm juggling subscriptions to both at the moment sincerely hoping that "Rift" can figure out a way to let me play Rogue in some other way without feeling like I'm gimping the DPS on it. Not to play it better than a warrior, not better than a stormcaller, not better than a cabalist, just as good or better than the one other Rogue spec. It's a bar so low Trion could step over it.

There are problem with proc from among kind of charges. Who use more than 3 kinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Falty View Post
    There are problem with proc from among kind of charges. Who use more than 3 kinds?
    2*

only 3 in extreme cases, but almost never.

That being said, saboteur is indeed very very boring.

Telaran

The rogue devs should just do what the mage devs did and tell synergy to **** off. Mages may be intentionally pigeon holed into all their good specs, but at least they are all viable and fun.

Diablo 2 had a similar issue. It teases you with all of these cool abilities that your character can choose from. Then you find out that all the best builds just focus all their talent points into pimping out just 1 or 2 spells and spamming the **** out of them.

Honestly. Are there specs that are "Fun" to play? I mean, you could run Hoko and press 2 buttons, while your character makes stabby animations instead of throwy animations, but I don't see how that makes a spec "Fun". I've tried plenty of specs, and what's "Fun" for me is being the top DPS. Fun is knowing you aren't being carried by your warriors. Fun is knowing you're earning your spot in the raid.
    Last edited by Zaros; 09-24-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

What can make things fun to play is also what makes people strive to wear certain types of gear for looks - they find amusement in aesthetics. I know I do.

Sab is boring and stupid looking, in my opinion. I hate throwing weird bombs and feeling like some engineer class. I thought I was a rogue, not an engineer. It's so incredibly annoying that the only truly accepted role for rogue is sabdancer currently. That's why I play my warrior instead.

I pray trion fixes this and makes assassin, bladedancer, etc., truly more powerful. I see assassin is getting a bunch of buffs, so that's good -- I just hope it's enough. Cuz saboteur and ESPECIALLY SABDANCER is annoying and boring.
    Thomasx - 50 Rogue
    Fennecfox - 50 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread