+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying a build for PvP

Default Trying a build for PvP

I'm not anywhere close to lv 50, but I liked this build while I was messing with the build calculater.

The main point here is that apparently I can have the DPS through the assassin soul, mobility and a little bit of defensiveness through Rift Stalker (Plus some damage bonus and runaway tactics with the damage boosts) and the ability to attack from a distance if needed with the Marksman soul.

Give me your thought on this, I took a few considerations on the upcoming changes for building this role, so tell me what you think. I'm still very newbie to playing a rogue, so I'd like as many tips as I can get, thank you.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...b.V0tR.VI0I0Vb

Constructive criticism is welcome, trolls are not.

Plane Touched

TO be 100% honest

This build won't work unless ur p8

Problems:
    -U lack self defenses

Can't be more simple then that, that build is hoping some wastes Diminuish returns on you or HOPE u survive long enough for 3 DR be used, of course ur not a warrior and with the lack of gear it won't work.

You don't have:
    -Enduring Brew(check 1,5)
    -Getaway
    -Shadow Warp
    -Flashback
    -Retreat
    -Slip Away
    -Planar Refuge
    -Rift Prison
    -Hidden Veil

Basicly, u open in a tough spot, if he just random throws a CC at you ur gota eat his full duration.

I have to admit its a pretty hardcore build, KILL or GET KILLED.
    Vs a good player won't work, unless he goes something funky

PS: Without a 50% healing debuff, vs clerics is most likely for you to go down first
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-22-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

I see. Might if I ask you to suggest a build like this one, then?

I understood this from your post: I have THE damage and THE mobility, but not the survivability. And since most classes have the way to go through the kiting and the burst, I won't survive without it, right?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RJMazz View Post
    I see. Might if I ask you to suggest a build like this one, then?

I understood this from your post: I have THE damage and THE mobility, but not the survivability. And since most classes have the way to go through the kiting and the burst, I won't survive without it, right?
    Yes, basicly its that.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....xx0R0M.VI0s0s

I remade ur build to fit my experience on rift, i sacrificed MM for the tools u need to survive and help you get the kill.
    I sacrificed Shadow Blitz for Impale or Anathema BUT u still have Shadow Walk and Shadow Assault wich both teleport you to their back wich synergi with sin soul backstab and stalker phase.

Bleeds are your main source of damage.

Expose weakness>Shadow Walk>jagged strike with all the juicy bonus>foul play>puncture>Impale>anathema

Then adapt to wich class ur fighting

If u just want a quick burst.

Shadow Walk>assasinate>puncture>5 combo Final blow

Without gear this won't work like most rogue builds
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Thanks for the help! I'll try this when I can, I appreciate that.

+ Reply to Thread