+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How many of u will cancel ur Subscription if the 1,5 wont make u lethal in pvp?

Rift Master

Default How many of u will cancel ur Subscription if the 1,5 wont make u lethal in pvp?

I been patience far enough now, been killed over and over in wf by war, clerics and mages! The only specs i found usefull was with MM or NB in it and only the MM provided the burst with hit and run but died in sec.

The cc doesnt work atall in this game, cc should be a rogues special thing u know, but all we get is immune immune immune u know the deal.
    To cc a war is impossible, and if i managed to stunn a cleric, its only 1 sec long anyway.
    Yes the CC problem is making me go crazy WTF Trion!
    (Chlorolocks Driving me crazy aswell but thats another story)

The wf are booring and open world PvP dont tempt enough people couse u get more prestige and favor in wf then in world PvP. (dont get why trion aren't increasing the reward from kills in world pvp more).

And our burst is a joke, our souls are broken we die like flies, and the OP classes dont admit that they are indeed OP so game experience sucks kinda hard these days.

What i dont understand is how they made rogue class so useless in this game. With the vulnerability we have we should provide the biggest dps of all classes instead of the warrior who moves faster then us, blocks everything,have the largest dps and wears plate.

It's hillarious how fail trion really are, they could had made something good (really good) with the gameidea and the soulsystem they have in this game. But instead the destroyed one of the most popular class in all games.

I say Trion, i dont think ur changes in 1,5 will be enough and the game-experience have started to die for me.
    How many of the rogues will keep playing this game if its still like this in 1,5? I know i wont!
    If so, lets all just cancel and let mage, war and cleric people play in wf alone! Then they be happy and we dont have to waste our time anymore.

And plz dont start talking to me about ranks now, couse its not about that! (Iam Rank 6 btw still sucks bigtime)

Who's with me? ^^

don't care about pvp, i think we are fine there, just hate being dead in pve... or worst, being stuck with 1 soul for the past 3 content updates!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I think Rogues only need a slight(and i mean slight) buff in PvP to make it comparable to the buffs of every other class.

So to answer your question, no I won't be cancelling if I'm not "lethal" in PvP.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Rift Disciple

already lethal with 51nb/15inf

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by derphil View Post
    already lethal with 51nb/15inf
    Running that build to, and its one of the souls i mentioned that was only good! we ahve alot of others aswell!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    don't care about pvp, i think we are fine there, just hate being dead in pve... or worst, being stuck with 1 soul for the past 3 content updates!

Well one of the things that will happen is, if the do changes to the pve souls it will affect pvp aswell Hooko beacouse u using pve souls with the the Infiltrator soul aswell. (yes ofc, still had to say it)

And i hate the sabdancer spec will never ever run a t2 with that shiet, boring to play!

Xsi

In PvP, virtually nothing changes...

High-end NB and Primal Strike was buffed. If you have a heal-bot, use this spec.
    Assassin was survivability buffed (heal) and received some overall DPS improvements (Physical Trauma) in addition to greater AP contribution on a few abilities.
    MM received a can of whoop-*** and is only viable at low points (even with munitions). I'm trying to find a reason to go above 20 in the spec now unless you are brand new to PvP and allocated to 44 spam Eradicate duty.
    Bard received a laughable improvement.
    Ranger received a 'don't play me' sticker. I'll play this in PvP only to be laughed at.
    Riftstalker is a mixed bag of useless with a few shinnies (like it was before).
    BD is well...good thing they moved FoS to 10 points because now you don't need to go past 13 in the spec and commit more than half your points to make it usefull.
    Infil remained basically untouched (but becomes the alternative to the Slip Away nerf). That's not to say that Penetrating Strikes is still nigh-useless but I just assume that's up to the PvP developer (not the Rogue developer) to fix.
    EDIT: Forgot Sabo, lol. Sabo builds...there's a reason I forgot it. Sorry but one kill every minute and nothing to do but being a speed-bump for the other 52 seconds is not fun.

Overall, continue playing PvP as rogue the way you were in 1.4 but move a couple points around.

Instead of 51 Sin/15 Infil/0 Ranger, you're going to see 51 Sin/13-15 BD/0-2 Ranger/MM PvP specs. Wee! Oh the variety in open world PvP...
    Last edited by Xsi; 09-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Not I. I've played crappy characters before (Briton Paladin DAOC) and insane characters (Chosen WAR), and it's always been something more than just my class sucking to make me quit a game.

WoW - PvP gear moved into Arenas, Arenas themselves
    WAR - Enough said
    DAOC - Lack of updates/bug fixes after Mythic was bought by EA/started on WAR
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

First to answer your question, no. I wont be canceling my subscription. For the guys having a hard time finding a build to use in PVP, try http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....V0tRGo.xx0M0c

I've been using this for a little over 2 months and have no problems in the WF's. Just try the build, get a rotation down that works for you, and you wont have probs killing dudes in PVP. Obviously there are classes that will be "unkillable" i.e. chloro/lock, warden's, the usual. In 1.5 I dont see myself changing the build much. Im sure I will try a BD/SIN build with heavy BD but who knows. By no means do I consider rogues underpowered. Specs are underpowered as with all classes. Use your cooldowns wisely, learn the rotation, and you will have success. Im not saying this is THE pvp build by any means. It is simply the build that works for me in WF's and W/PVP.
    My coming will be as a midwinter's frost. Sudden, cold, and deadly.

Haidren - R8 - Rogue Lead for Banished
    Bloodlake - R4 - Mage
    Legian - 39 - Warrior

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    In PvP, virtually nothing changes...

High-end NB and Primal Strike was buffed. If you have a heal-bot, use this spec.
    Assassin was survivability buffed (heal) and received some overall DPS improvements (Physical Trauma) in addition to greater AP contribution on a few abilities.
    MM received a can of whoop-*** and is only viable at low points (even with munitions). I'm trying to find a reason to go above 20 in the spec now unless you are brand new to PvP and allocated to 44 spam Eradicate duty.
    Bard received a laughable improvement.
    Ranger received a 'don't play me' sticker. I'll play this in PvP only to be laughed at.
    Riftstalker is a mixed bag of useless with a few shinnies (like it was before).
    BD is well...good thing they moved FoS to 10 points because now you don't need to go past 13 in the spec and commit more than half your points to make it usefull.
    Infil remained basically untouched (but becomes the alternative to the Slip Away nerf). That's not to say that Penetrating Strikes is still nigh-useless but I just assume that's up to the PvP developer (not the Rogue developer) to fix.
    EDIT: Forgot Sabo, lol. Sabo builds...there's a reason I forgot it. Sorry but one kill every minute and nothing to do but being a speed-bump for the other 52 seconds is not fun.

Overall, continue playing PvP as rogue the way you were in 1.4 but move a couple points around.

Instead of 51 Sin/15 Infil/0 Ranger, you're going to see 51 Sin/13-15 BD/0-2 Ranger/MM PvP specs. Wee! Oh the variety in open world PvP...
    Really the only thing I'm annoyed about is MM PvP burst. It sounds like they are going to ruin a perfectly good soul with claims of "buffing" the rogue. Sustained damage is garbage in PvP, burst kills, sustained gets healed with ease.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Haidren View Post
    First to answer your question, no. I wont be canceling my subscription. For the guys having a hard time finding a build to use in PVP, try http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....V0tRGo.xx0M0c

I've been using this for a little over 2 months and have no problems in the WF's. Just try the build, get a rotation down that works for you, and you wont have probs killing dudes in PVP. Obviously there are classes that will be "unkillable" i.e. chloro/lock, warden's, the usual. In 1.5 I dont see myself changing the build much. Im sure I will try a BD/SIN build with heavy BD but who knows. By no means do I consider rogues underpowered. Specs are underpowered as with all classes. Use your cooldowns wisely, learn the rotation, and you will have success. Im not saying this is THE pvp build by any means. It is simply the build that works for me in WF's and W/PVP.
    I despise BD, I think it's pretty lame that every spec is supposed to have it build in. Eff BD tbh, I'd rather suck and not use it.

Shadowlander

Rogues don't need the buff, some of the stuff they are giving us in the 1.5 patch is just plain insane, and the guy a couple above still complaining about rogues to the point hes complaining about buffs? - get a life. People complaining about sucking it in pvp, ever consider it being you?

- R6 rogue.

I won't be cancelling my subscription because of PvP, but i just may be cancelling it because the developers of this game show time and time again that they don't understand it. From constantly changing stat weights, ability descriptions, bad itemization, constant glitches, and constant nerfing/buffing this game is starting to look like Vanguard without all the promise of brilliant class design.

I am getting tired of feeling like every final decision made is a bad one, like everything they touch gets worse not better.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by GallantFiction View Post
    Rogues don't need the buff, some of the stuff they are giving us in the 1.5 patch is just plain insane, and the guy a couple above still complaining about rogues to the point hes complaining about buffs? - get a life. People complaining about sucking it in pvp, ever consider it being you?

- R6 rogue.
    Iam disaggre with u, and i think ur a troll! My main is cleric and it has everything, and my Rogue has nothing to compare with a cleric, with a mage (cholorlock) or with a war!
    Inballance are the thing that exsist in this game, and if u cannot see that then it's time for you to start compare classes and start to play the other classes some months and then going back and say what ur feeling.

Just beacouse a rank 6 or rank 8 rogue acually can kill things in wf, doesnt mean they are ballanced, compare r8 rogue with r8clerics r8mages and r8war. We are UNDERPOWERED what does that make them?
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 09-22-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    Iam disaggre with u, and i think ur a troll! My main is cleric and it has everything, and my Rogue has nothing to compare with a cleric, with a mage (cholorlock) or with a war!
    Inballance are the thing that exsist in this game, and if u cannot see that then it's time for you to start compare classes and start to play the other classes some months and then going back and say what ur feeling.

Just beacouse a rank 6 or rank 8 rogue acually can kill things in wf, doesnt mean they are ballanced, compare r8 rogue with r8clerics r8mages and r8war. We are UNDERPOWERED what does that make them?
    I might be a troll, but I have good points.

What do you mean your cleric has everything? If by everything you mean survivability and what I consider bad heals compared to a chlorolock, than, yes. If you saying my 2k burst from dual assassinate is nothing, your wrong, if your saying my impale and jagged strikes ticing for 200 is nothing, your wrong. If your saying my 3s and 5s(guessing what this one is, talking about the infil immune buff) immunities I get from 51sin/15infil, your wrong. Rogues are nuts, if you know how to spec them and play them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast