+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Update Incoming (9/22/11)

Default Update Incoming (9/22/11)

Wonder what it changed this time....

Post here if you find any changes to the rogue trees once PTS is back up.

Hoko's 9/22/11 predictions

1. After Much consideration we have removed ranger and marksman, we realize they are not ever going to be useful as a ranged dps soul so we just left saboteur for you guys to be at range.

2. Deadly Dance nerfed to the ground, we don't like Bladedancer either

3. High Explosives was seen to do an insane amount of damage, so we buffed it further because we want you all to use Saboteur!

4. Bombs were doing as much damage as single charges, so we gave the 200% AP contribution to charges as well!

5. New 51pt Saboteur talent called WINNING: Passive skill that increases critical damage bonus by 100%, Endurance by 50%, Valor by over 9000, and Critical hit chance by 65%, and anytime a player character is hit by a Saboteur, they instantly explode and die.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

1. After Much consideration we have removed ranger and marksman, we realize they are not ever going to be useful as a ranged dps soul so we just left saboteur for you guys to be at range.

3. High Explosives was seen to do an insane amount of damage, so we buffed it further because we want you all to use Saboteur!

4. Bombs were doing as much damage as single charges, so we gave the 200% AP contribution to charges as well!

5. New 51pt Saboteur talent called WINNING: Passive skill that increases critical damage bonus by 100%, Endurance by 50%, Valor by over 9000, and Critical hit chance by 65%, and anytime a player character is hit by a Saboteur, they instantly explode and die.
    Please hoko, after all your parading around about 46 sab being king they're gonna nerf sab so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Please hoko, after all your parading around about 46 sab being king they're gonna nerf sab so hard.
    lol sorry, not all of us like saboteur.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

So we are going back to how it was in beta? SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Paerin View Post
    So we are going back to how it was in beta? SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!
    I agree, at least we would be on top with something them.

I'm interested to see how it does in pvp, 5x spike should kill 1 person since high explosives hits so hard, sure it's healable as it is all dot dmg but afk ppl or pressured ppl will die.

Xsi

Sweet! We get Serrated Blades back!
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Rift Disciple

I just hit lvl 31 this morning and tried 31 Ranger pet Blood Raptor. I guess I was expecting a lot more. Its damage is higher than Dire Wolf but not that much higher. Doing more damage than Dire Wolf is not hard. I think even my auto attack can beat my current Dire Wolf's damage. It's really quite pathetic.

The design goal is to make it so Ranger is LESS relying on Shadow Fire but that design goal has not met. They buff Shadow Fire instead for deep Ranger and nerf it for non-deep builds.

Why can't they just increase pet's damage? I mean I really choose Ranger over Marksman because I want more pet damage.

Telaran

Let's go one step further...

"We've realized rogues still have specs that actually do over 1k dps. Therefore, we have tripled the energy requirements of all rogue abilities. Please reroll another class."

Seems to me like Hoko is just mad that his spec is only 2nd. Dohohohoho.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Seems to me like Hoko is just mad that his spec is only 2nd. Dohohohoho.
    i thought my spec would be dead with all the rs specs... but who knows lol.

Servers back up, quick look through haven't found anything really different.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    Sweet! We get Serrated Blades back!
    I thought you were serious and logged into pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Xsi

I don't know - maybe a Saboteur buff where the bombs actually make your opponents explode into several thousand pieces would be interesting.

(Might as well have visuals if you can't have balanced mechanics)
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast