+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: RS Tank seeking advice on gear.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Question RS Tank seeking advice on gear.

    Ok. Lets get this over with:

    "Rifstalker tank?!!!?!!!111oneone n00b reroll a war!!111"


    Now that that's over with, I am not a sheep to be herded. I like different. I like a challenge. I like out of the ordinary. I do not like molds.

    My question is this:


    I have only tanked Bonecrusher, or whatever his name is (The annoying Bone guy from Iron Tombs) once and did just fine with my current gear. Only my boots have toughness +25.

    For tanking T1, and just breaking into (some) T2 dungeons is the 'Skirmishers' armor from the Plaque vendors viable? Or is it a waste? I would hate to use up what little bit of plaques I've got saved up one something that would be a waste.

    I'm fairly new to the game, so I don't stacks of platinum saved up to buy crafted items either. So, yeah, that's about it. Just looking for experienced advice.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    T2 queues will be faster and you'll get more plaques from it. It's worth the investment.

    Just don't plan to go into 20-man raids.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    T2 queues will be faster and you'll get more plaques from it. It's worth the investment.

    Just don't plan to go into 20-man raids.
    I can queue T2 now as it is as a DPS, Dex @ 430, Hit at 195, or 135, I forget and am at work right now. This is why I ask. Queue T2 as DPS and hoard the plaques, or 'Go for it'. lol

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Knightcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    queue for t2s as dps, hoard plaques for tanking stuff(t2 only, skirmish is wasted plaques) and roll need on tank drops ( even blue tank drops )

    depending how often you play - you could be tanking the t2s in a matter of days.

    One of the keys to good tanking gear is a good source machine. IPP has good blue rogue tank lessers for 3 crystal stones each, the rest of the good ones are epic from RR's and inscribed stones.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    queue for t2s as dps, hoard plaques for tanking stuff(t2 only, skirmish is wasted plaques) and roll need on tank drops ( even blue tank drops )

    depending how often you play - you could be tanking the t2s in a matter of days.

    One of the keys to good tanking gear is a good source machine. IPP has good blue rogue tank lessers for 3 crystal stones each, the rest of the good ones are epic from RR's and inscribed stones.
    See this is what I was thinking too. I do have 6 of the Lesser essences from IPP, the ones that give +9 (or was it 8?) dodge. I figured these would suffice for 'now'.

    My only thought is, the 'really good' stuff uses Mark of Ascension currency, so if I hoard all these plaques, what will I do with them all later on? Hope they put in new vendors with x Marks + y Plaque items to buy? lol


    Overall, good feedback, definitely gives me food for thought.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calandric View Post
    See this is what I was thinking too. I do have 6 of the Lesser essences from IPP, the ones that give +9 (or was it 8?) dodge. I figured these would suffice for 'now'.

    My only thought is, the 'really good' stuff uses Mark of Ascension currency, so if I hoard all these plaques, what will I do with them all later on? Hope they put in new vendors with x Marks + y Plaque items to buy? lol


    Overall, good feedback, definitely gives me food for thought.
    Buy full T2 tank gears and get 1 set of T2 DPS gears. You can start tanking Raid content with full t2 and proper sigil. Thought, not many guild will allow that just because it's easier to heal warrior tank. If you really serious about tanking then use those extra Plaques and buy 4 additional T2 shoulders; rune them with earth,life, death and water resist. Having a Rogue tank for HK is out of question at the moment. This may change with Tank classes revamp in later patch/version.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamayouSamurai View Post
    Having a Rogue tank for HK is out of question at the moment. This may change with Tank classes revamp in later patch/version.

    I believe I am not the only one who is hoping for Rogue Tanking improvements with the upcoming, and subsequent updates. As for HK (Hammer Knell?) I am not ready for that one by any means; gear wise or skill wise. Only been playing about 2 months now.

    Thanks for the input.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Vera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Now that that's over with, I am not a sheep to be herded. I like different. I like a challenge. I like out of the ordinary. I do not like molds.
    Let's hope the poor sap who has to heal you feels the same way. Holding aggro as a rogue tank is easy enough. Surviving? That's down to the healer.

  9. #9
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    you should try using plate armor instead

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calandric View Post
    I can queue T2 now as it is as a DPS, Dex @ 430, Hit at 195, or 135, I forget and am at work right now. This is why I ask. Queue T2 as DPS and hoard the plaques, or 'Go for it'. lol
    Do T2 as dps and collect a full set of actual tank gear. Enough tank leather drops that most don't want. A blue T2 item is roughly equivalent to a purple T1 item. The extra endurance and mitigation stats will make it better for tanking than wearing your dps pieces. The T1-T2 plaque vendor is changing up. The net cost for a T2 piece is staying the same, but you have to buy the T1 piece and trade it in. This is a big help to people trying to gear up, as now you can buy the T1 piece and use it until you have enough to upgrade, and not feel like you are wasting plaques.

    The new player made armor sets are really nice too, and that cuts down on the number of plaques you need to acquire. Unfortunately as a tank, you need to be pretty well equipped before you can tank. Otherwise the random LFG queue will throw you into deep strike mines and the trash mob elites will eat you for lunch.

    When gathering tank gear as a dps, please be considerate of the person actually tanking before rolling need on items they can use.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    you should try using plate armor instead
    I thought about this, but, I just couldn't find any to match my eyes! And those boots are atrocious!

    On a serious note, thanks for the added responses. I've started doing the T2's, and, bought a couple of the 'T1' items from the vendor. I figured this would allow me to practice more in the T1 dungeons while gathering equip/currency in T2's. And yes, Carlos, I try to be very mindful of what I click need on, I have seen others in the past click need and having inspected them earlier know they already had an item of equal or higher quality; once even an identical helm already!

    So, while there are a lot of inconsiderate people in this game, I my friend am not one of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts