+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why all the hate? :/

Rift Disciple

Default Why all the hate? :/

I really think that we lost the goal of the game. We play to have fun, not to check our parser everytime we hit a butterfly (who does that btw, you are mean :'( ). Who cares if we do 100 DPS less than warriors do? If the boss is going down, then everything is OK. I haven't done any 20-man raid yet, but I think that we should focus on a spec we love to play and not the ones that top the DPS meters.

I haven't tried the sabdancer spec. I don't like the gameply of it (well, maybe if I try it I will like it). I play with sozu's spec not for the DPS, but because I like the rotations and the play style.

Let's please stop giving more focus on the DPS meter rather than the most important "stat" of any game: Fun

Surprisingly, people want to play the game and not be a useless sack of **** to 19 other dudes.

(Gear)

i dont raid to be carried. i raid to be a part of the group. and the fact of the matter is, we cannot compete on the same level that warriors can.
    If you cannot dazzle the world with your intelligence then baffle them with your ********.

Prophet of Telara

@Joji: Adnoz hinted at the answer to your question .. many raiders don't do it for FUN they do it for the phat lewt, fun isn't something they really understand.

Everything is min/maxed, the DPS parser rules, and it doesn't matter IF something can be done with a Rogue, it matters that it's not as FAST with one than without.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-22-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Whats fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Joji View Post
    I really think that we lost the goal of the game. We play to have fun, not to check our parser everytime we hit a butterfly (who does that btw, you are mean :'( ). Who cares if we do 100 DPS less than warriors do? If the boss is going down, then everything is OK. I haven't done any 20-man raid yet, but I think that we should focus on a spec we love to play and not the ones that top the DPS meters.

I haven't tried the sabdancer spec. I don't like the gameply of it (well, maybe if I try it I will like it). I play with sozu's spec not for the DPS, but because I like the rotations and the play style.

Let's please stop giving more focus on the DPS meter rather than the most important "stat" of any game: Fun
    If you don't do 20-man raid content you have no right to ***** about the people talking about DPS.

We are worried about doing less DPS because the way raids are set up, there are DPS checks, where your raid needs to be doing a certain amount of DPS or the encounter simply becomes impossible.

Such as on matron in HK, our raid leader is telling we we have to do 22k dps as a raid for us to be able to have a chance at downing her.

Now, the way things stand, there is no reason to bring rogues aside from bard, as bringing a rogue over a warrior (or good mage), simply means lowering your raids dps and making these encounters harder.

This is why we hate being behind, because it means we are not useful to our raid, make encounters harder, and some guilds won't even bring rogue DPS anymore. A lot of people have fun by raiding. So us being denied raid spots and not being able to raid because our DPS is low or by being so far behind that we make it harder for everyone else when we do go, lessens our fun.

So, us being behind, makes it a hell of a let less fun for those of us who enjoy raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    @Joji: Adnoz hinted at the answer to your question .. many raiders don't do it for FUN they do it for the phat lewt, fun isn't something they really understand.

Everything is min/maxed, the DPS parser rules, and it doesn't matter IF something can be done with a Rogue, it matters that it's not as FAST with one than without.
    Fun is the min/maxing, fun is competing on the parser. My fun, might not be yours, but it sure as **** is mine.

(Gear)

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post

I don't do it for the phat lewt, though I like that. I do it for the thrill every time we progress and beat a new boss. We're more likely to do that if I DPS better - case in point, our first kill of Molinar was right at the enrage timer. There are a fair number of bosses now where every bit of DPS matters to getting the boss down.

Plane Touched

lol give this lecture to progression guilds and redefine their definition of "fun" oh savior from the realms of heaven.

Edit: Get your numbers right too.

Edit: Na, forget it. Ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by kdps; 09-22-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    Riffy@Seastone

As a rogue you should get into raiding and play sabdancer before making these comments....but I 100% agree with your comment about fun. I prefer every other spec over sabdancer, but yet I also like being top rogue DPS in my guild. Your point is valid though, you play a video game to have fun. If you are not having fun, stop playing...

Alot of threads start off has positive critiques geared towards productive fixes, solutions, etc...there are just tons of QQ out there that hijack the thread afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Whats fun?
    I know what's not fun: Looking at that picture in your sig! It's like an abyss, I gaze into it.. and it gazes right back at me!
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Shadowlander

You rogues who get "destroyed" by warriors on fights other than sicaron just blow, you realize this, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fattslice View Post
    You rogues who get "destroyed" by warriors on fights other than sicaron just blow, you realize this, yes?
    Well the problem is none of these leet rogues who supposedly beat warriors on all fights ever post parses or numbers to back up the **** they say, while the people who are saying they do worse actually post parses to back it up.

Basically, I can say I do 3k on murdantix as a rogue, but it's meaningless without data to back it up, which none of the people saying they beat warriors have provided.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightTeth View Post
    i dont raid to be carried. i raid to be a part of the group. and the fact of the matter is, we cannot compete on the same level that warriors can.
    But why should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Fattslice View Post
    Post a parse where you've out dps'd a warrior on sicaron plz kthx

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast