+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 46 Sab/20 assassin. Some things people might want to try.

Rift Disciple

Default 46 Sab/20 assassin. Some things people might want to try.

So after 2-3 hours of testing I learned some very interesting things. I have exact parse data. In fact, each of my parses was a min of 5 min. I will only post the data if necessary. I'd really rather prefer not to given some of the recent nerfs. I test 44 sab/17 assassin, then 46 sab/17 assassin, then 46 sab/20 assassin. All tests were self buffed with fervor and stones only. All test were done at range.

However, I would like to summarize some of my findings. I ran the tests in all raid1 gear. Basically, the best gear you can get in R1 (GSB and RoS), without resorting to relics.

Here are some of the highlights and tips:
    1. Spike charge did NOT do significantly more damage than blast charge. I am not sure if this is due to some kind of High Explosive mechanic, but when I compared straight Blast charge vs Spike/Blast/Blast rotation, the parses were within a few % of one another.
    2. The 3rd soul matters. At first, I tried using 0 point RS as my third soul. I was at range. My DPS increased by 100 when I changed that third soul to Ranger. This increase was from ranged autoattacks and also an increase in blast damage due to basing off my bow, rather than my axe.
    3. Expose Weakness was a DPS increase, but led to energy starvation, which made it about a wash. This was with fervor. If you use a tablet, that will cover the cost of Expose and should represent a significant dps increase.
    4. Just for reference, when I upgraded my bow to the relic one, my dps went up 200 from that alone.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    So after 2-3 hours of testing I learned some very interesting things. I have exact parse data. In fact, each of my parses was a min of 5 min. I will only post the data if necessary. I'd really rather prefer not to given some of the recent nerfs. I test 44 sab/17 assassin, then 46 sab/17 assassin, then 46 sab/20 assassin. All tests were self buffed with fervor and stones only. All test were done at range.

However, I would like to summarize some of my findings. I ran the tests in all raid1 gear. Basically, the best gear you can get in R1 (GSB and RoS), without resorting to relics.

Here are some of the highlights and tips:
    1. Spike charge did NOT do significantly more damage than blast charge. I am not sure if this is due to some kind of High Explosive mechanic, but when I compared straight Blast charge vs Spike/Blast/Blast rotation, the parses were within a few % of one another.
    2. The 3rd soul matters. At first, I tried using 0 point RS as my third soul. I was at range. My DPS increased by 100 when I changed that third soul to Ranger. This increase was from ranged autoattacks and also an increase in blast damage due to basing off my bow, rather than my axe.
    3. Expose Weakness was a DPS increase, but led to energy starvation, which made it about a wash. This was with fervor. If you use a tablet, that will cover the cost of Expose and should represent a significant dps increase.
    4. Just for reference, when I upgraded my bow to the relic one, my dps went up 200 from that alone.

I'd like to see your data. If you actually think posting it here won't get it nerfed (it won't) you can email it to me, Draegan@Rfitjunkies.com. I'm curious to see it.

I won't post it either. I just haven't had time to test the new sab extensively.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-22-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

The only bow I have is an R8 one, hopefully that will be comparable to your relic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Oh look, someone posted our only viable spec besides sabdancer. NERF INCOMING to high explosives!

RIFT Guide Writer

Does the new Baneful Touch help charge damage? I hadn't tested :|

RIFT Guide Writer

Also, what in 44+ Sab, 20 Sin has been changed besides buffing Blast Charge? High Explosives was always great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Also, what in 44+ Sab, 20 Sin has been changed besides buffing Blast Charge? High Explosives was always great.
    It scales with points in Sab now, well over 44, and 2 points over 44 is like a 200dps increase, which is why most go 46/20 now. The extra 2 points make high explosives a lot better.

Rift Disciple

Default :)

Data sent to Draegan.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Does the new Baneful Touch help charge damage? I hadn't tested :|
    I don't know if it does honestly. I thought the buff said something about melee weapons, so I would assume it would help if you were auto attacking in melee range. Not sure about how the charges are treated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    It scales with points in Sab now, well over 44, and 2 points over 44 is like a 200dps increase, which is why most go 46/20 now. The extra 2 points make high explosives a lot better.
    Just fyi, 2 points does not equal 200 dps. That's an exageration (and I am quite sure of this). Just trying to keep the thread grounded. The reason I parsed at 44 sab and 46 sab was to figure out exactly how much it does scale. That way, I could figure out if my final three points should go in the sab tree or into poison potency in the assassin tree,

Just fyi, 2 points does not equal 200 dps. That's an exageration (and I am quite sure of this). Just trying to keep the thread grounded. The reason I parsed at 44 sab and 46 sab was to figure out exactly how much it does scale. That way, I could figure out if my final three points should go in the sab tree or into poison potency in the assassin tree,
    I haven't tested it yet, I just know from what everyone was saying those 2 points with the change made 46 sab much better than 44 sab on live and sabdancer as well.

RIFT Guide Writer

Data sent to Draegan.
    Please send to me

can you post the zam build here. id like to see were you are dropping points.

Rift Disciple

throwing bombs is no my sstyle

me like IN YOUR FACE up close personal combat

me hates running hiding stelathing like a nub throw charges like a terrist

Banned

I dont see how these findings are different then what we already know....

We know that Blast Charge does more damage then Spike charge cause Blast charge ignores armor.
    We know that the 3rd soul matters cause used with Ranger or Marksman the damage is based off your bow.

How are you guys intrigued by this when its something we've known for a long time? Why the hell he would only go 17 in Assassin I have no idea.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-22-2011 at 08:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast