+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rogues OVERPOWERED now that 1.5 is live!!!

Default Rogues OVERPOWERED now that 1.5 is live!!!

sorry, I wanted to be first.... I got a little overzealous ..
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    sorry, I wanted to be first.... I got a little overzealous ..
    Heh.. Well in any case, I don't think that rogues will be anywhere near OP with all the toning down they are doing to them on PTS. They were def slated to be a force when the first round of 1.5 changes were rolled out, but the changes that are set to go live now are really not at all very impressive.

I'm still excited for the changes, but I am a little less excited each day that goes by and they change something for the not so much better.. Hoping I'm wrong and I fall in love with my rogue all over again.

Sword of Telara

Nostradamus lives, and he plays Rift!

first few days of the PTS changes yes, we were a force to reckon with. Now... for whatever reason Trion, in their infinite wisdom decided to nerf any build that was posted on the forums. All in all: More Energy Regen, some shuffling of abilities, and smoke and mirrors to 'increase' our dps.
    If you cannot dazzle the world with your intelligence then baffle them with your ********.

I seldom solo queue for warfronts, I have two amazing p8 warriors that carry me to huge favor gains in warfronts. I salute our warrior overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I seldom solo queue for warfronts, I have two amazing p8 warriors that carry me to huge favor gains in warfronts. I salute our warrior overlords.
    I just moved to a PvE server. I had a P8 PvP-flagged warrior run toward me while I was doing dailies and I kited him from 100 to 20% in about 45 seconds, before he ducked behind a tree and mounted and then charged me. I used BF on his bull rush stun but he still took me from full to 1/3 health in about 1 second I was in melee range. I then finished him off.

A few minutes later he comes back, not PvP flagged and says "I hope you're proud of yourself, you kiting ******" and then flags for PvP already in melee range and globals me to death. Then over my corpse he says "you thought you were good" and force respawns me.

I am P8. Just thought I'd share that.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I just moved to a PvE server. I had a P8 PvP-flagged warrior run toward me while I was doing dailies and I kited him from 100 to 20% in about 45 seconds, before he ducked behind a tree and mounted and then charged me. I used BF on his bull rush stun but he still took me from full to 1/3 health in about 1 second I was in melee range. I then finished him off.

A few minutes later he comes back, not PvP flagged and says "I hope you're proud of yourself, you kiting ******" and then flags for PvP already in melee range and globals me to death. Then over my corpse he says "you thought you were good" and force respawns me.

Don't you read the forums Dun? You and I and everyone that sees the problems are just bads...

Rift Disciple

that's cus you fites the wrong ways

slip is your best friend

u shuld marry it treasure it

u no want to kites warriors because they can range you to death (shield throw, sword throw, interrupt throw, polearm throw bam bam bam and you gone in 10 secs)

you need to think like a true assassin

hide, stab stun, stab stab stab, gone. then expos

Sword of Telara

You did not get globaled. 1.5 seconds goes reaaaal quick. If he wasnt in combat before, he didnt have a bunch of preloaded offgcd's, which means he got 1 searing strike, possibly one frenzied, then was out of time.

You, sir, spew shenanigans.
    Last edited by Corebot; 09-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.

I agree with your story, and it's happen to me many times from P8 warriors, but people perceive rogues should always be a free KB/bloodthirsty candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    You, sir, spew shenanigans.
    Happened to me a number of times, P8 Warrior hits me and I'm pretty much sitting at 2% health after a global.

I'm just bad though, if I had more "skill" then my "skill" would give me more mitigation.

Rift Disciple

this is an accurate representation of what takes place in warrior vs rogue combat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

That Warrior got owned, hid like a punk then tried to cheat his way over by using a mount, still got beat, got butthurt, cheated by pretending to "carry a white flag" till he got close then attacked. He's no Warrior. He just a coward who tried to blindside you and failed the first time, then cheated the next time. and thats coming from someone who is a warrior.
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arzo View Post
    this is an accurate representation of what takes place in warrior vs rogue combat
    Totally Agree LOL

My rogue is p3 atm... I don't mind losing to better geared players, but it is annoying to see someone in p6-8 gear and say "you suck, bad skill" when its just gear.

Oh well, climbing up!
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast