+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Marksman in PvP will it still work?

Default Marksman in PvP will it still work?

So in 1.5 (next week) Marksman Rogues are going to be really that bad in PvP? I was not able to play on the PTS since the download would stop after about 5 mins of downloading every time I would try. So I am asking Rogues that play MM as a main PvP role that played on the PTS, is it really that bad? I understand that you did not get to play in WF's with a lot of other classes since I was reading that 90% of the players on the test shard for 1.5 where Rogues but I just want to know if it is going to be worth resubing or not. My time will expire 2 days before 1.5 goes live and I really dont want to pay more money if they really did take away that much from the MM soul since that is all I really play and I do not do much PvE so that does not matter to me at all. I just want to know how the MM soul is going to be worse then it already is due to lack of hit and run or not.

Default So, yeah.. ?

So anyway I was just wondering if anyone that played on the PTS that plays MM can let me know if the burst is gone or not.

Lets say im out doing my pvp dailys and a defy comes along I spot him and I start doing dmg.. Will I be able to kill that defy or will my lack of burst allow the defy to laugh and use his "mage burst" or "warrior burst" on me and take me out?

I just know for sure that if I just start using swift shot and hasted shot on anyone in Marksmans current forum it wont do much at all as far as burst goes... So if anyone can just let me know or tell me what you think as I am a really big fan of MM in Rift and I do very well with it in PvP right now even though it is under powered it still can work if you blow you CD's and I dont mind that at all. But how that we will not have anything to use except swift shot/rapid fire shot/swift shot/hasted shot. I just would be greatful if another MM would inlighten me on what the deal will be.

I haven't since they removed Hit and Run.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

If they are truly taking away our burst, that will hurt a lot in a PvP environment. Steady dps does nothing in PvP, it's all about burst. Looks like they are trying to make MM an alternative to sabdancer in PvE.

They removed a lot of the mobile burst, both by removing Hit and Run and the -25% damage you get while moving. It also takes longer to build up to finishers since empowered shot gave you 2 combo points on the move, nothing does that now. At least if you used pedestals you had 15s of bonus dmg, perfectly matched with the 15s of Hit and Run. Granted the base damage of most abilities was increased and the munitions are pretty nice additions, but for pvp we'll have to see how this plays out next week.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 09-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

Plane Walker

It's a good thing I like playing assassin is pretty much all I have to say about that. It sounds to me like NB and Assassin are pretty much going to be it from people who have tested.

no hit and run soooo nope

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Xsi

Yes, but only as a secondary/sub spec. Find your burst elsewhere. (You have two primary souls to pick from - enjoy!)
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    no hit and run soooo nope
    hit and run is the only thing that makes Marksman worth playing.

Eradicate's 0 damage doesn't do anything but delay the inevitable death of you and your pals.

RIP range rogues.
    Last edited by INCdex; 09-22-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Ascendant

Marksman was totally too strong before. I mean those duracell clerics, chloro/whatevers and that were so killable.

I play 38mm 18sin 10infil right now and I have been really doing good unless it is healer heavy on the other side. I know it is easy to say find your burst from somewhere else but I really like MM as a main soul and well Melee can be fun I like to play MM much more.

Anyway thank you for letting me know. I really dont want to leave rift but if they are going to take away that much from MM then I dont really care. It was fun while it lasted and I really hope that it gets better for the people that are going to keep funding there joke.

Plane Touched

This build still works:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...x0o.AGtRodAudR

Tested it and it was very good
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

I think we're gonna have to pull a trick out of EQ1 and stop every time we do attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Default I dont want to go but it looks like a Marksman will not be able to defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    This build still works:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...x0o.AGtRodAudR

Tested it and it was very good
    That spec has a lot of wasted points imo. I dont go past 38 in MM since you gain more for going 18 in sin and 10 in infil. I am not sure why you would role the spec you posted since it does not use any of the "good side" in infil and goes much higher then you would need to in go in MM.

I really do wish I could play on the PTS just for a little bit to get an idea of how MM will play now that the burst has been removed from the soul, but like I said before I can not get it to download as it stops after about 10 mins or so. I already know I will not be resubing unless I know that it will be worth it and not a huge letdown. I will very much miss the days when you can run around using MM as your main soul and have a chance 1v1 and even 1v2 but I keep going over the patch notes and other comments people have left about the lack of burst dmg now that Hit and Run is gone. I dont understand why Trion would do such a stupid thing but I guess they really dont know what they are doing with that soul. I said before MM was so different and fun to play because it had the burst you need and some neat tricks but now that our most powerfull combo builder/finisher is gone I dont know what I am supposed to do. I dont want to be forced into playing Assassin as I like to face the person I will be fighting rather then apear behind them and stab them in the back.

Im now at the point of being mad. I feel I put a good amount of time into this game and the only class/role I play is being ripped away from me for a reason that I will never know. Trion does not seem to understand that. I know there are still a few silly people that think 1.5 is a buff for Rogues and the day of the Rogue is here but we are just getting a peice of crap in a really good looking box with a ribbon on top.

Im just starting to rant I guess.. I really do want to stay and play MM as it is now because I really do like MM and I have a lot of fun doing PvP Rifts, open world PvP and have been having a lot of fun in WF's.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    That spec has a lot of wasted points imo. I dont go past 38 in MM since you gain more for going 18 in sin and 10 in infil. I am not sure why you would role the spec you posted since it does not use any of the "good side" in infil and goes much higher then you would need to in go in MM.

I really do wish I could play on the PTS just for a little bit to get an idea of how MM will play now that the burst has been removed from the soul, but like I said before I can not get it to download as it stops after about 10 mins or so. I already know I will not be resubing unless I know that it will be worth it and not a huge letdown. I will very much miss the days when you can run around using MM as your main soul and have a chance 1v1 and even 1v2 but I keep going over the patch notes and other comments people have left about the lack of burst dmg now that Hit and Run is gone. I dont understand why Trion would do such a stupid thing but I guess they really dont know what they are doing with that soul. I said before MM was so different and fun to play because it had the burst you need and some neat tricks but now that our most powerfull combo builder/finisher is gone I dont know what I am supposed to do. I dont want to be forced into playing Assassin as I like to face the person I will be fighting rather then apear behind them and stab them in the back.

Im now at the point of being mad. I feel I put a good amount of time into this game and the only class/role I play is being ripped away from me for a reason that I will never know. Trion does not seem to understand that. I know there are still a few silly people that think 1.5 is a buff for Rogues and the day of the Rogue is here but we are just getting a peice of crap in a really good looking box with a ribbon on top.

Im just starting to rant I guess.. I really do want to stay and play MM as it is now because I really do like MM and I have a lot of fun doing PvP Rifts, open world PvP and have been having a lot of fun in WF's.
    If you ever run with a ST premade you will want Eradicate.
    Ip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast