+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp VS Pve Weapons Conversion need help Please (Requires Thinking skills)

Telaran

Default Pvp VS Pve Weapons Conversion need help Please (Requires Thinking skills)

Here is the Scope of things
    Pre- Raid buffed stats = 810 Ap / 1055 Crit
    Im using 4 pieces of Rank 8 Gear so I can use PVP synergy Crystal as our guild is just starting to kill in HK.
    I also use
    Rank 8 Gun Rank 8 Dagger
    55.0 dmg 44.7 DMG
    STR +27 STR +26
    Dex +32 Dex + 36
    End +26 End +26
    Ap +18 Crit +36
    Crit +20
    I am specced into Stabdancer so must get the free 25 Hit for 5 points ability to go higher into tree.

I have in my bag
    Savage Beast Carver Fang of Life Lord
    44.5 Dmg 37.8 Dmg
    Str +25 Str +19
    Dex +39 Dex +32
    End +16 End +15
    Ap +16 Crit +21
    Hit +49 Hit +43

If i use rank 8 dagger and gun i must put hit runes on 3 weapons (13 hit each), leggs and helm (18 hit +5 Ap) to get to 320 hit (were still on first floor mobs only)
    ***Questions***
    Should I continue to use PVP dagger and beast carver and gun forcing me to rune all with hit runes or should i replace PVP dagger with FANG allowing me to free up +43 hit worth of rune slots?
    I figure the stats alone from PVP Dagger - Fang are as follows
    -5 Ap
    -15 Crit
    -11 End
    Roughly -7 straight damage going from 44.7(PvP dagger) - 37.8(Fang of life lord)
    By doing So i would be able to put Baneful Rune on Beast Carver and equip in MH (replaces 13 hit Rune)
    Put Fang of Life Lord on OH with +9 Ap Rune (replaces 13 hit rune)
    Replace my +18 hit +5 ap Legg rune with +12 Dex +9 Dragonslayer rune
    Means I Replace
    44 hit
    10 ap (5 from dagger , 5 from legg enchant)
    15 crit (pvp Dagger)
    11 End (pvp Dagger)
    7 Straight Damage (44.7 - 37.8)
    for
    43 hit
    +9 Ap (Rune on Fang)
    +12 Dex (Rune on leggs)
    +9 End (Rune on leggs)
    BaneFul Rune on Beastcarver (Chance on ability to curse target doing 85 death dmg)
    or should i continue using 5 Hit runes with PvP dagger in Main hand and Beast carver in offhand?
    I would think it all says leabe it the wau it is with 5 hit runes but i thought i would ask and get some input maybe im missing something here.

As well I have in my bag i have
    The Equalizer
    41.7 dmg
    Str +19
    Dex +26
    Ap +15
    Crit +24
    Hit +35
    I wasnt sure how Charge damage is calculated doing stabdancer and if i should just keep on using the rank 8 gun forcing me to have all those hit runes or if i should replace it as well.
    Any and all input on this matter would be greatly appreciated before i go through the trouble of runeing a ton of crap to find out i shouldnt have

Thanks in advance for suggestions
    Gromler

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Mainhand Beastcarver. Offhand Fang. Ranged Equalizer. No hit runes.

If you can drop ~40 hit and still be over 320, then swap your fang for the P8 dagger. Otherwise keep these 3 equipped. In your situation, there's absolutely no call to rune for hit.

Telaran

Thanks for replying to post , i have done as advised and wouldnt you know it if i use all my PVE gear and no hit runes im @ 324 hit, im only worried about the straight 7 dps loss from not using dagger along with 14 dps loss of not using rifle

Gromler

As well dun Can you go update site with the new sabdancer spec in it the one using Bs 4 spike deadly Bs spike det 5 shrapnel...that is the newest best one if im not mistaken ???

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Mainhand Beastcarver. Offhand Fang. Ranged Equalizer. No hit runes.

If you can drop ~40 hit and still be over 320, then swap your fang for the P8 dagger. Otherwise keep these 3 equipped. In your situation, there's absolutely no call to rune for hit.
    I tend to disagree. Pre raid buffs you need at most 1050ish crit to hit soft cap raid buffed. If you take that into consideration you can try and squeeze out more AP and use hit runes if you need to, to use more pvp gear like r8 gloves. In the end if your crit capped it's 13hit vs 5ap.

I juggled like 7 items last night and the best combo I ended up involved 2 hit runes so I could use more pvp gear. (gloves and 1 ring on top of normal 4 set)
    900AP 1065cirt 330 hit 5755 hp unbuffed. Could get higher maybe if I swap out last crit essence in sigil but I like Eastern winds too much.

Telaran

Default heres what happend when i did what was suggested

Ok so i followed the advice of dunsparrow and dropped all Hit runes put the beast in main with baneful rune and put fang OH and equalizer in Ranger both having +9 ap runes on them , i then put back on my icewatch and Dragon slayer runes. I ended up with 323 Hit and shockingly i went from 810/1055 - 816/1060 which in itself was a total shocker, i could have did the math i guess and figured it up but the problem is I did a parse before moving over the gear still have 2 x 18 hit 5 ap runes and 3 13 hit runes. Over 5 minute parse running 26sab/19BD/21 sin spec i pushed out 1320 Dps sustianed. That was 3 rotations of Blade tempo doing Backstab 4 spike DS BS 1 spike Det 5 Shrap DET Repeat. I then did the rotation again both times being without any errors and the parse was 1247. so im taking it this is because of the loss of 7 straight dps on dagger and 14 on Gun?

The next thing im asking is for having 4 pieces of rank 8 gear with crystal, t3 helm and gloves and HK barbed tounjge of the beast, Rest of items are BiS pre Hk (used aelfwar conspir signet) Is this about in line with how much dps i should be doing? Ive always hated the dummy as i seem to do more on actual mobs...im guessing had to do with no bard buffs ( i did run tablets for both parses or else i dont think i would have broke 1k)

Quote Originally Posted by Gromler View Post
    Thanks for replying to post , i have done as advised and wouldnt you know it if i use all my PVE gear and no hit runes im @ 324 hit, im only worried about the straight 7 dps loss from not using dagger along with 14 dps loss of not using rifle

Gromler

As well dun Can you go update site with the new sabdancer spec in it the one using Bs 4 spike deadly Bs spike det 5 shrapnel...that is the newest best one if im not mistaken ???
    0 dps gain from ur gun... you are not a ranger or marksman, just use a pve gun at all times for pve.

sabodancer gains 0dps from their offhand too, so pve offhand at all times, you literally have no use for pvp weapons since you already have murdantix sword, just use all pve weapons and your dps will be as high as if you put in the pvp ones.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread