+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVE - Wise Which specs look viable?

Rift Disciple

Default PVE - Wise Which specs look viable?

Just curious, I see alot of people saying RIP due to recent PTS changes, from a PVE standpoint, which specs are looking like they would be viable?

warriors...

Banned

no reason to talk about specs anymore. devs are nerfing anything that gets posted.

Bard.

No, really.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Bard.

No, really.
    really sad too. no raid guild worth a damn runs more than 1 bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    no reason to talk about specs anymore. devs are nerfing anything that gets posted.
    Really?

I heard 51 RS is looking pretty good these days. Probably will be one of the more popular builds, maybe even up there with Sabdancer, after 1.5.

yeah 51 rs does good dps. kind of a glass cannon though.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    warriors...
    This.

Even with all the promises and changes from the PTS we are still second best to warriors by hundreds of DPS. We still have no viable ranged DPS spec. Riftstalkers still cannot tank. We still have to play Sab for best DPS.

So all in all, nothing changes.

Rift Disciple

See you Guys all soon in TOR lets see if the devs there know how to design a Rogue type class

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    See you Guys all soon in TOR lets see if the devs there know how to design a Rogue type class
    Sith lord is looking pretty viable, compared to this... whatever we're supposed to be.

Rift Disciple

Bring rogues into line with warriors apparently meant on the same linear scale, but miles behind.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kok.V0o.VV0G0o

i'm really wondering if the 44 sabdancer is worth a try.
    High explosive sounds really promising.

14% dmg + poison procc + serrated blades vs. high explosive.

For AoE it's lower for sure, single target it could be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    Sith lord is looking pretty viable, compared to this... whatever we're supposed to be.
    Some kind of interesting Rogue like classes in TOR, you don't as such roll a "Rogue", you role your base class, such as a Smuggler or Jedi Knight and then at level 10 you pick one of two advance classes, these AC's have three trees you can spec into which defines your role so for example the Smuggler has a Rogue like spec which allows you to stealth your entire group which is really really useful, the Imperial Agent has a Sniper Advanced Class and the Jedi Consular and Sith Sorcerer have the Shadow and Assassin advance classes which are stealth like Jedi/Sith.

Some of the specs turn out to be pretty interesting, a Smuggler Sawbones is a healer for example, and it's really fun to play almost like a DPS class (using the cover system, hiding and rolling) but healing.

They have have made it clear that a DPS spec, no matter the class is a DPS spec, a tank spec is a tank spec and so on, there is no "off tank" etc, so if you roll a Jedi Knight and then take the Jedi Guardian advanced class you'll have a tank spec and a DPS spec, it doesn't matter which you pick you'll be able to do it as well as another other class, your DPS will be within 2-3% of any other class that can DPS.

It's fun, it's interesting to play, I like the story lines for each class and I'll probably be playing in live.

Whatever I think of TOR in live, Rift is just making me bang my head on the desk right now. Rogue clearly isn't fine, and Rogue clearly isn't going to be fixed if they carry on like this.

Soulwalker

I think early this weeks someone posted meters for the new Marksman change that showed 1800 dps or so. Not sure the level of his gear or how viable it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Alazin View Post
    I think early this weeks someone posted meters for the new Marksman change that showed 1800 dps or so. Not sure the level of his gear or how viable it was.
    Marksman is way behind Saboteur on PTS I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast