+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To be, or not to be, op in pvp

Default To be, or not to be, op in pvp

To be, or not to be, OP in PvP!

With some of these Rogue changes I can see us becoming OP in PvP. Grant it, some of the PvE changes are needed(MM for sure).

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Rogue was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Rogues are FOTM"?

If they do end up being OP then I'll probably shelf my Rogue (in PvP) and play something else.

Any opinions?

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ot-op-pvp.html
    Last edited by Bringer; 09-21-2011 at 11:40 AM.

just so you know, theres no build warriors have that requires any amount of skill, and warriors are op.
    Last edited by charliekelly; 09-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.

I dunno..... I feel subdue specs with the 8-10 buttons to time is skill. I do think rogues in pve need tweaking upward though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    I dunno..... I feel subdue specs with the 8-10 buttons to time is skill. I do think rogues in pve need tweaking upward though.
    you think a subdue spec takes skill? i see, thats why you play a warrior. nothing more to see here.

Shield of Telara

Nobody knows as none of the changes on the PTS are final... so anyone's opinion here will just be based without facts.

Wait until 1.5 goes live and see what actually happens.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    you think a subdue spec takes skill? i see, thats why you play a warrior. nothing more to see here.
    Lol okay explain this mighty skill it takes for rogues over subdue

Ps I play a skill-less cleric to.
    Last edited by Bringer; 09-21-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Lol okay explain this mighty skill it takes for rogues over subdue

Ps I play a skill-less cleric to.
    you know how you can stand there and not die on a warrior? yeah, you die on a rogue. if you wanna take nb for example, you have to keep up your dps rotation on your target, keep enough energy to renew night rage, and then perfectly time your cooldowns in the proper order against the proper people in order to have 1/10th the survivability of a warrior just standing there. and after doing all this, youre rewarded with dps that is half of a rift blades and have no gap closers/perma cc immunity.

there is no comparable rogue spec to a subdue spec, because anyone would simple 2 shot the rogue doing subdue. the only grief spec is a 44 mm, which has the easiest job of just spamming eradicate over and over. however, they cant stand there like tools, and are forced to stay at max range/constantly kite or be 2 shot.

you know how you can stand there and not die on a warrior? yeah, you die on a rogue. if you wanna take nb for example, you have to keep up your dps rotation on your target, keep enough energy to renew night rage, and then perfectly time your cooldowns in the proper order against the proper people in order to have 1/10th the survivability of a warrior just standing there. and after doing all this, youre rewarded with dps that is half of a rift blades and have no gap closers/perma cc immunity.

there is no comparable rogue spec to a subdue spec, because anyone would simple 2 shot the rogue doing subdue. the only grief spec is a 44 mm, which has the easiest job of just spamming eradicate over and over. however, they cant stand there like tools, and are forced to stay at max range/constantly kite or be 2 shot.
    Nah, the biggest griefing spec includes 21 Assassin/8 NB. Seriously, Permastealth+Lost Hope has got to be the most overpowered griefing tool I've ever seen in any game.

-Liang

Ed: It occurs to me that you may have meant 'causing grief/work/hassle/damage to the enemy' instead of the more traditional griefing. In which case, 44 MM is certainly very, very effective at ****ing up someone's day.
    Last edited by Liang Nuren; 09-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Nah, the biggest griefing spec includes 21 Assassin/8 NB. Seriously, Permastealth+Lost Hope has got to be the most overpowered griefing tool I've ever seen in any game.

-Liang

Ed: It occurs to me that you may have meant 'causing grief/work/hassle/damage to the enemy' instead of the more traditional griefing. In which case, 44 MM is certainly very, very effective at ****ing up someone's day.
    to be fair, they fixed the lost hope thing in like codex. but yeah, i meant instead of damage dealing in a warfront, just a **** you kind of spec.

Ascendant

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Rogue was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Rogues are FOTM"?
    Everyone is going to be saying that every time they lose to a Rogue after 1.5 whether it's true or not.

Because it's simply the inverse of how it is now, where instead of people saying "Damn, Rogues might need a bit of help in PvP right now" they say "LOL ANOTHER BAD ROGUE LOL". Or at least, they try, sometimes it's hard to get the words out in between cycles of their facerolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Banned

From what there is now on the PTS I dont foresee it changing anymore since they fixed shrapnel charge no one is really complaining about anything specific for the Devs to change so its probably going to stay as is unless someone can find something where people here on the Rogue forum can backup and try to get changed.

to be fair, they fixed the lost hope thing in like codex. but yeah, i meant instead of damage dealing in a warfront, just a **** you kind of spec.
    I wasn't referring to Lost Hope on flags - I was just referring to general ****ing with people. I've made people literally cry (I'm sure) with Lost Hope. Best results are in open world, but ****ing around at Thontic/Scope can generally hold 5+ people up while they search for you. This is both good and bad -- you can easily turn the tide of a close Codex battle by preventing reinforcements from arriving... but when the 5-8 people get tired of looking for you, they zerg the **** out of Codex and you normally lose it (and gain Scope/Thontic).

-Liang

@charlie..... I read your post
    However, it seems to me you are confusing survivabilty with skill. I agree warriors can take a bigger beating but to imply that a well played subdue warrior is easy mode is simply false. There are 8-10 skills to time well to be effective. Just my2cents.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Rogues are not going to be OP at all in PvP. You only feel like you're going to be OP because of the sorry state rogues are in right now. The other classes call that "even footing" but I do expect whining from the people that slaughter rogues right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    I wasn't referring to Lost Hope on flags - I was just referring to general ****ing with people. I've made people literally cry (I'm sure) with Lost Hope. Best results are in open world, but ****ing around at Thontic/Scope can generally hold 5+ people up while they search for you. This is both good and bad -- you can easily turn the tide of a close Codex battle by preventing reinforcements from arriving... but when the 5-8 people get tired of looking for you, they zerg the **** out of Codex and you normally lose it (and gain Scope/Thontic).

-Liang
    I thought the only way to win codex was to tunnelvision ram your face into codex over and over and over until the round ends.

Of course, I may play pugs too often.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast