+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tips for an incoming Warcraft Hunter...

Soulwalker

Default Tips for an incoming Warcraft Hunter...

Hello all, loving the game so far, but i like to try to learn as much as possible about my class so i thought i would post a request for tips on the Rogue class, being played primarily as a ranged dps style similar to a Warcraft Hunter.

Im learning the tress and such, but would like to get some feedback on the better trees, builds, best dps for instances etc...

So far ive been experimenting with the trees a lot and have been running a Ranger build for questing, with Bard/Assassin, and a Marks build for instances with Ranger/Sab. im not to comfy with the dps build yet and think im off there, but im liking the questing build.

Anyway, id like to get some ideas to advance my character the best was possible for the various roles.

Thanks in advance.

Soulwalker

Reroll warrior imo. If u wanna continue with rogue, i used : http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html
    to level from 30+ if u dont mind being in melee. Kills fast, no downtime, fun to play. i still use the build to solo rifts/quests now that im 50.

best of luck.

Soulwalker

melle not my thing, but thanks for the tip. my main in WoW was always my Hunter. I'll look at alternatives and alts, i always do, but for now the rogue (hunter) is my focus.

Rift Disciple

I don't know about the lower levels, but atm Saboteur is the way to go for dps. I believe ranger may be better in the lower range, but I'm not really sure.

Some people more knowledgeable than myself may be able to help you better if we had an idea as to what level range you're currently in?

Soulwalker

currently in the 20's, im thinking now and long term though
    thanks

Long term, if you want to be in a progression raiding guild, I highly doubt you will be able to stick with ranger, as even with 1.5 and rogue buffs coming it still doesn't seem like it is competitive DPS.

Shadowlander

The way things are currently, if you want to be the best dps, roll a warrior. If you don't mind be a very nice second fiddle, roll a mage. If you want to barely beat a cleric in dps, roll a rogue. I haven't tested or really seen anything with class comparable dps from 1.5 betas. It could change, but as of the moment, rogues are the offiical gimps even with "legendary-relic" weapons over warrior t1 raid or t-2 5 man weapons.

if you roll one anyway, go ranger and follow the ranger-assassin-marksman spec for now, but that could be changing in the near future. Fill out the ranger points first.

long term, sabosin currently, rangersin-marks is viable for raid dps I hit 900+ in largely t2 gear.
    Last edited by Meem; 09-21-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    "Death is not the worst that can happen to men." ~Plato

the hunter class is in the warrior forums, it's called beastmaster.

this post is not a troll, dead serious.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

interesting... ok, so are you saying i should be looking at Marks or some other class?

I liken this to warcraft, for leveling beast was easiest, but isnt competitive at higher levels for dps and i didnt really enjoy BM anyway. i ran Marks and Survival even from the beginning. Thats why im looking for both types of builds.

Im just not a melee guy so i wouldnt like the primary assasin as i didnt really enjoy the warcraft rogue, though having a few of its tricks would be really nice, lol

Let's put it this way. As of right now rogues suck as ranged DPS. If you wanna be ranged DPS roll a mage.

Soulwalker

how far back are we lagging is the question though? How would i know this, i assume there is a mod that gives me some measure of the dps?

Easiest ranged leveling spec is 9 bard / rest ranger / Assasin as needed to put points into.

Go full cadence heal and armor buff in bard.

Sick pet, then just throw up your motifs then cadence and quick shot/headshot as needed, if you need to just go pet heal/cadence/cadence - headshot if you are doing multiple adds.

You can figure out the rest, when you get rain of arrows and trick shot you can AoE.

MM is a great fun soul to play, you will love pvp until you hit lvl 50. Then prepare to grind for 3 months straight to get competetive gear.

Or you could just roll a mage now and save yourself lots of heartache, mage levels in 3x the speed and is competetive at R4, attainable after 1 week of grinding WF's.
    Last edited by CarnageBC; 09-21-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

Rift Disciple

I played some WoW Hunter and I can tell you the current pet damage is way too low. You are basically an archer and the pet is just there to tank or debuff later. Of course this is only based on lvl 30 Rogue.

I do think lowbie level experience counts because you are not instantly lvl 50.

I find that Bard levels way better than Ranger. I tried Bard/Ranger build for a bit and don't like it as much. I end up not healing well and not doing damage fast enough. I use Dire Wolf for the Bard/Ranger build.
    Last edited by Jibikaorift; 09-21-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...**sk0z.0VMcx0b

if your heart is set on the class, and the basic "feel" of a wow hunter. The basic theme of the posts heckling the class are true. It's not some noob joke or anything. Rogues are bottom rung dps. You can hit 1k with this build, but it's not easy currently, and if you have to move alot .... it will reduce you by 1-2 hundred dps or so at least, 300 max.

Look in the sticky thread, Zuso's or something or another's ranger thread. make and use the macros.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
    how far back are we lagging is the question though? How would i know this, i assume there is a mod that gives me some measure of the dps?
    There's nothing like "recount." It's parser. have to play windowed mode to have one you can watch, and have to cut and paste to post.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...orkedhard.html

I recommend the ACT over the RJ parser. I've never had an issue with the ACT, I have however had many issues with RJ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast