+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To be, or not to be, OP in PvP!

Default To be, or not to be, OP in PvP!

With some of these Rogue changes I can see us becoming OP in PvP. Grant it, some of the PvE changes are needed(riftstalker for sure).

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Rogue was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Rogues are FOTM"?

If they do end up being OP then I'll probably shelf my Rogue(in PvP) and play something else.

Any opinions?
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Soulwalker

Default :):)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    With some of these Rogue changes I can see us becoming OP in PvP. Grant it, some of the PvE changes are needed(riftstalker for sure).

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Rogue was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Rogues are FOTM"?

If they do end up being OP then I'll probably shelf my Rogue(in PvP) and play something else.

Any opinions?
    I did a black garden on the PTS on a P8 rogue, I had 0 deaths, 29 killing blows. 280 000 damage done (second placed had 78 000 damage done) So yeah, im satisfied now

Quote Originally Posted by Kitahh View Post
    I did a black garden on the PTS on a P8 rogue, I had 0 deaths, 29 killing blows. 280 000 damage done (second placed had 78 000 damage done) So yeah, im satisfied now
    Hm... so we're basically Warriors with stealth now?
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Banned

Any opinions?
    Not much is really changing in terms of pvp. Instead of being free favor against equally geared players, our individual skill at the class may allow some of us to actually kill them.

The only builds i see that may get a harsh reaction from the non-rogue community all have 20rs in them and as soon as the forums light up with QQ it'll get nerfed.

51 assassin is still lolwaitforCD. High MM won't even be as good as it was before. Bards are still gonna be running around with 1's on their head praying for heals from someone else cuz they can't heal themselves. Runners are nerfed a little but that was really just an exploit that needed to be fixed.

In short, if you didn't want to be OP in pvp you got nothing to worry about.

Hm... so we're basically Warriors with stealth now?
    only sin use stealth, if you are dong tons of dmg, high kbs and the like, you are not a sin most likely, too much time wasted inbetween kills.

and ppl on PTS are BAD, everyone is R8 yet they just dont know how to play, my warrior literally walks over ppl in the PTS warfronts, had some 3 v 1 fights i won which is ridiculous since everyone is R8...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I don't know what changes were made recently, but I've seen alot more marksman lately.

Last night I was on my mage and I just played game after game where I just couldn't even do anything. There were 2 MM's that showed up in every match and they just run all over the place... silence/stun before anything can be cast and then run away way too fast to be pursued to drink up and get their HP up. (after they killed me and others that is)

My poor Rogue is neglected... T1 geared out, totally bored. Maybe I'll look up a MM build and go gay it up in WF.
    Last edited by Archemys; 09-21-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    I don't know what changes were made recently, but I've seen alot more marksman lately.

Last night I was on my mage and I just played game after game where I just couldn't even do anything. There were 2 MM's that showed up in every match and they just run all over the place... silence/stun before anything can be cast and then run away way too fast to be pursued to drink up and get their HP up. (after they killed me and others that is)

My poor Rogue is neglected... T1 geared out, totally bored. Maybe I'll look up a MM build and go gay it up in WF.
    no changes yet.. we are discussing the test server, not live...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

What specific changes are you referring to OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

The patch is not even live yet and already threads like this are popping up everywhere. TRION should leave rogues as they are now so people can still get their blood thirsty procs. Smart rogues like myself will roll with my usual premade with warriors and destroy the bads.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 09-21-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

warriors always have and always will be top dog in pvp
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Soulwalker

nah =D I crush warriors big time now, stumping them. I would like to play against Hoko's warrior tho So many noobs still crying about rogues sux, its just that you need to learn how to play first. then you can rock around like the "smarter ones"

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitahh View Post
    nah =D I crush warriors big time now, stumping them.
    No, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    No, you don't.
    You should try 51 RS for insane burst und sustained DPS.
    Spread this information so RS damage gets nerfed like every other specc posted and increase it's durability and defense.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    warriors always have and always will be top dog in pvp
    this line is tired, little parrot, please find a new one.

+ Reply to Thread