+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expereinced riftstalkers please guide me

Default Expereinced riftstalkers please guide me

So im tanking the endgame boss, the big jobber

i have 16.3k self buffed with like 14% dodge (the ranger/bard)

or i can have 15.1k self buffed with 19.5% dodge, i lose 6% mitigation from the ranger tree but gain 25 hit (which i need)

whats the better option if its a tank and spank and the boss crits for around 8k on cleric tanks
    FatCat

reroll warrior

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

You don't need that many hitpoints. Focus on mitigation. 51 RS, 8 BD, 7 RGR. Keep Guarded Steel, Rift Guard, and Flase Blade up.

When you say "endgame boss" do you mean t1 or t2 raid content? T1 you go for the latter. T2 you go for the former. I'm guessing you mean t2, and yeah, if you intend to survive you need absolute maximum mitigation (use armour pots / plating) and HP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fareline View Post
    So im tanking the endgame boss, the big jobber

i have 16.3k self buffed with like 14% dodge (the ranger/bard)

or i can have 15.1k self buffed with 19.5% dodge, i lose 6% mitigation from the ranger tree but gain 25 hit (which i need)

whats the better option if its a tank and spank and the boss crits for around 8k on cleric tanks
    If the boss is critting then your clerics need to get some toughness. If the boss is hitting your clerics for 8k, he's going to be hitting you for about 12k.

Best option: Find a warrior to tank it.
    Option B: If you absolutely have to tank it with a rogue, use the 51/8/7 RS/Blade/Rngr build. And get an extra healer, you'll need it. Also, duel someone before the fight to get all your finishers up BEFORE you engage the boss.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Oh I didn't read that last bit. lol good luck you'll probably die before anyone gets a heal off.

1 - forget bard exists. seriously. kill it off. k?
    2 - duel a fellow guildy in the raid to get buffs rolling
    3 - Initiate with side-steps
    4 - pray. pray. PRAY you dont get hit 5x in a row without a dodge.

...reroll warr until 1.6?7?8?

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

When I was noob tank, I used to 51Riftstalker build. After getting more experience, I realized 51RS build had many missings.
    1 - Energy Problem.
    2 - Activing shield and absorb too late. (depend on eneegy problem)

Then I made new build 36 RS - 24 BD - 6 BARD.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xMdVhM0MM.x0z

What will you lose after switching my build?
    ~1500 HP. (With T2~T3 Set)
    Planar Attraction.
    What will you gain?
    More dodge and parry. Minimum energy problem (almost none). Activating shield and absorbs very fast (Thanks to contra tempo)

I'm using this build about 2 months. I think, it is the greatest build for rogue tank. I guarantee that you won't play with 51RS after using this one.

Btw I designed this build by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    When I was noob tank, I used to 51Riftstalker build. After getting more experience, I realized 51RS build had many missings.
    1 - Energy Problem.

Planar Attraction.
    What will you gain?
    More dodge and parry. Minimum energy problem (almost none). Activating shield and absorbs very fast (Thanks to contra tempo)

I'm using this build about 2 months. I think, it is the greatest build for rogue tank. I guarantee that you won't play with 51RS after using this one.

lol i used an almost identical build when i hit 50 back in 1.0... then i realized my absorption shield suffered too heavily by not having 51rs and that bard sux and changed it to the cookie cutter 51rs/8bd/7rng and never looked back. the issue is, can you hold aggro? check, can you survive every encounter in the game? check. beyond that, i didnt care, the spec worked for everything so i used it... up until hk came out, hk sux. i now have no tank build on my bar, bard still good for rezzing so i keep it around... for now.

basically, scatter the shadows is so OP that there is nothing i cant survive by simply twitch using it when no heals are incoming.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    lol i used an almost identical build when i hit 50 back in 1.0... then i realized my absorption shield suffered too heavily by not having 51rs and that bard sux and changed it to the cookie cutter 51rs/8bd/7rng and never looked back. the issue is, can you hold aggro? check, can you survive every encounter in the game? check. beyond that, i didnt care, the spec worked for everything so i used it... up until hk came out, hk sux. i now have no tank build on my bar, bard still good for rezzing so i keep it around... for now.

basically, scatter the shadows is so OP that there is nothing i cant survive by simply twitch using it when no heals are incoming.
    I can tank all T3 raids except Lord Greenscale and Herald's adds (Hit like truck unfortunately). (Didn't try Alsbeth)
    In T2 dungeons, generrally someone gains Rapid Assault archievement except DM when DPS players are T2+ without wipe.

I have never encounter aggro problem while I have been holding them. Just taking multiple mobs is hardest part.

Scatter the Shadows is great but I prefer to die. I don't feel StS's deficiency right now.

I suggest this build to all rogue tanks.
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

51rs/0/0 can tank gsb, herald and alsbeth... hell one night we had no rogues and i tanked alsbeth when my experimental 51rs/15bd was all i had in my repertoire losing all the hp buffs and still had no problems...

the issue is, as fun as your build is, it cant do everything, my build can do everything, literally everything.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

1 - Energy Problem.

Planar Attraction.
    What will you gain?

I had a similar template some months ago(when I first thought about a tank template actually...) and it was decent to tank big elites for quests and so on, but I wouldn't go in raid of my stuff level (full T3) or above with it...

Planar Attraction is quite usefull since you don't have "TONS" of taunts...especially aoe...

The 3s dmg immune is quite good too, but ofc you could play without it.(handy on seldom massiv dmg attacks)

BUT, you don't loose just 1500hp, you loose 15x0.5=7.5% damage reduction from rift guard which is the main reason why ppl go high up in RS tree...
    Last edited by Gaaz; 09-21-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    51rs/0/0 can tank gsb, herald and alsbeth... hell one night we had no rogues and i tanked alsbeth when my experimental 51rs/15bd was all i had in my repertoire losing all the hp buffs and still had no problems...

the issue is, as fun as your build is, it cant do everything, my build can do everything, literally everything.
    I don't get it ...
    What do you have in more with 15bd besides 1 interrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I had a similar template some months ago(when I first thought about a tank template actually...) and it was decent to tank big elites for quests and so on, but I wouldn't go in raid of my stuff level (full T3) or above with it...

Planar Attraction is quite usefull since you don't have "TONS" of taunts...especially aoe...

The 3s dmg immune is quite good too, but ofc you could play without it.(handy on seldom massiv dmg attacks)

BUT, you don't loose just 1500hp, you loose 15x0.5=7.5% damage reduction from rift guard which is the main reason why ppl go high up in RS tree...
    I ve served you guaranteed solution. More dodge and parry. No energy problem. Dodge and parry will absorb %100 damage. Not %7.5.
    Here is your scenario;
    Shadow Blitz > Rift Disturbance > 5 x Basic Attack(PS or PB) > Guarded Steel > 5 x Basic Attack > Rift Guard
    %80 change, you will be out of energy while dealing basic attack. Minimum time opening Rift Guard is minimum 11 GCD time.
    My scenario;
    (Side Steps) Shadow Blitz > Rift Disturbance > 2 x Phantow Blow + Reprisal (2 GCD) > Guarded Steel > 2 x Phantow Blow + Reprisal (2 GCD) > Rift Guard > Same > False Blade > Same > (If there isn't Bard) Dauntless Strike or Annihilate > Rift Disturbance when its CD is UP > You can drink your tea or smoke or watch TV, just do RD per 10 secs. (I have %28 dodge chance at this time.)
    No energy problem, Minimum time opening Rift Guard is 5 GCD time.

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE....
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

I ve served you guaranteed solution. More dodge and parry. No energy problem. Dodge and parry will absorb %100 damage. Not %7.5.
    Here is your scenario;
    Shadow Blitz > Rift Disturbance > 5 x Basic Attack(PS or PB) > Guarded Steel > 5 x Basic Attack > Rift Guard
    %80 change, you will be out of energy while dealing basic attack. Minimum time opening Rift Guard is minimum 11 GCD time.
    My scenario;
    (Side Steps) Shadow Blitz > Rift Disturbance > 2 x Phantow Blow + Reprisal (2 GCD) > Guarded Steel > 2 x Phantow Blow + Reprisal (2 GCD) > Rift Guard > Same > False Blade > Same > (If there isn't Bard) Dauntless Strike or Annihilate > Rift Disturbance when its CD is UP > You can drink your tea or smoke or watch TV, just do RD per 10 secs. (I have %28 dodge chance at this time.)
    No energy problem, Minimum time opening Rift Guard is 5 GCD time.

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE....
    i have rift guard up before the mob even hits me. splinter shot + planar switch(no gcd) to rift guard, then shadow assualt to turn mob, rift disturbance, pbx3, usually a reprisal in there (51rs/8bd/7rng gets it too) then guarded steel. refresh a 5 pt rift guard, get up false blade, and use rift disturbance when up. a mob splits, use shadow blitz or planar attraction
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast