+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atrlion

Thread: Necrotic Semblance

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Necrotic Semblance

    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B3BEB55C...otic-Semblance

    I read this was best in slot for Rogues what I see on 90% of the rogues is all epic shards what should I do? I know the uptime is not 100% I am using ranged Sab right now I am almost geared enough to switch to sabdancer.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirol View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B3BEB55C...otic-Semblance

    I read this was best in slot for Rogues what I see on 90% of the rogues is all epic shards what should I do? I know the uptime is not 100% I am using ranged Sab right now I am almost geared enough to switch to sabdancer.
    It probably is BIS, BUT the damn transformation to a skeleton it does was annoying to the extent to where I applied a different essence over it.

    From what I remember, this was basically always active though.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    its most certainly BiS, and the transform was cool..the first 5 times, then i got annoying as hell. I wish you could have like a "hide transfroms" setting or something, just so i don't have to see it on myself, i mean my rogue is sexy as hell, much rather look at it than some dumb necro pet.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I only found it annoying in open world or pvp trying to mount up after killing stuff. In dungeons or raids there is no functional annoyance, but i guess some people don't like the way it makes them look.

    This macro is the simple and easy solution to the mounting problem.

    #show Any ability you feel is appropriate
    cancelbuff Necrotic Semblance
    use Name of Mount

    You'll have to push it twice.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 09-20-2011 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    it prevents mechanics from being displayed, such as bubbles on sicaron or tower beams on thalguur.
    it's incredibly annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzo View Post
    it prevents mechanics from being displayed, such as bubbles on sicaron or tower beams on thalguur.
    it's incredibly annoying
    Hey we share quotes. Let us look back and laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesslyn Daggerux View Post
    Hey we share quotes. Let us look back and laugh!
    nice lol.
    id rather not look back at all though, kinda makes me wanna cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Wish I could use this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Wish I could use this.
    It really isn't going to be BiS, at least not for anyone going 10mm or 5rs. These procs are flat increases, unaffected by any talents that increase your attack power.

    For much the same reason the King of Iron Fist is BiS, any attack power lesser from a raid rift or from the sourcestone vendor will be better.

    Woodland Hunt (20 inscribed lesser), for example, is giving 31 attack power and 18 crit with 100% up-time... before talents like Unseen Fury or Increased Fire Power get involved. Add resonance from a bard and it gets a little better still.

    A flat 50 attack power increase on proc with roughly 70% up-time = 35 attack power.

    Woodland Hunt is giving 38 attack power as well as 20 crit, after talents and buffs, with 100% up-time.

    I don't see a debate here.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    It really isn't going to be BiS, at least not for anyone going 10mm or 5rs. These procs are flat increases, unaffected by any talents that increase your attack power.

    For much the same reason the King of Iron Fist is BiS, any attack power lesser from a raid rift or from the sourcestone vendor will be better.

    Woodland Hunt (20 inscribed lesser), for example, is giving 31 attack power and 18 crit with 100% up-time... before talents like Unseen Fury or Increased Fire Power get involved. Add resonance from a bard and it gets a little better still.

    A flat 50 attack power increase on proc with roughly 70% up-time = 35 attack power.

    Woodland Hunt is giving 38 attack power as well as 20 crit, after talents and buffs, with 100% up-time.

    I don't see a debate here.
    except you can use both...

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    except you can use both...
    there are 5 or 6 other lessers as good as woodland hunt. there's no reason to use necrotic semblance at all.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 09-21-2011 at 04:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts