+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rogues worth playing after 1.5?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Rogues worth playing after 1.5?

    Asking if it's worth making a rogue for mainly PvP and maybe some PvE. I had a rogue, played him at 50 up to p4 then I just stopped becouse it wasn't fun being underpowerd (I don't know if they are truly underpowerd, but the fact that I had to go into deep nightblade to get some survivability and ended up with next to no damage was really frustration and if i wanted damage i had no defences etc.) or having to put a lot more effort into something another class can do bashing 2 buttons. I deleted that rogue a while ago mainly becouse it was a female char and I didn't like how most of the gear looked on her (was planing to roll a male rogue, but having second thoughts now) and the feeling of being UP contributed to the deletion aswell.
    Now I'm wondering if it's worth making a rogue. Will they be competitive in PvP without being frustrating to play, can someone thats been on the PTR (or is it called a Pubic Test Shard?) tell me if the buffs/changes actually changed something while playing and that it dosn't only look good on paper. I don't really care much about PvE, rogues were mostly fine from what i've heard even tho they only had one decent PvE spec, but if someone has some info on that I'd also like to know.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    We won't know until it's on live. They are still making changes. When it launches play him for a few days and play with some specs. If you like it stick with it. This really doesn't require much more thought than this.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    anyone who would make such a decision to delete a max level character with some gear is not going to be satisfied no matter what changes they make in 1.5.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    anyone who would make such a decision to delete a max level character with some gear is not going to be satisfied no matter what changes they make in 1.5.
    Did you read why I deleted the lvl 50? It might be a really stupid reason for some, but I'm really picky about these things and if I don't like how my char looks I don't enjoy playing it. I liked playing the class, it was just very frustration to play UP/broken. If they made rogues competitive in PvP I'd level up another in a heartbeat.

  5. #5
    Telaran Suyheuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Anyway, according to PTS posts now, rogues deserve to be deleted. Still sabodancer is best. On the other hand TW doesn't allow us to make build alternatives without 'dancer.
    Just nightblade (PvP) and riftstalker (Tank) look like promising.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I got a lvl 50 cleric that might become my main if 1.5 doesn't pan out.... but what self respecting rogue doesn't have a lvl 50 cleric alt?

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Anyway, according to PTS posts now, rogues deserve to be deleted. Still sabodancer is best. On the other hand TW doesn't allow us to make build alternatives without 'dancer.
    Just nightblade (PvP) and riftstalker (Tank) look like promising.
    wrong, many builds beat sabodancer and the top build doesn't have bladedancer in it at all (sin/rs/mm).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  8. #8
    Telaran Suyheuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    wrong, many builds beat sabodancer and the top build doesn't have bladedancer in it at all (sin/rs/mm).
    Ohh, we have 1 more build alternative to sabodancer. That is great news for rogues

    Anybody wants to raise?
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Ohh, we have 1 more build alternative to sabodancer. That is great news for rogues

    Anybody wants to raise?
    eh 1? your math is worse than G W Bush... shadowdancer beats it, new hoko spec beats it, a few nb variants beat it and the above build beats it... and the nb build also doesnt have bladedancer in it... you need to do more research.

    not to mention full saboteur is insane for aoe dps now with bomb changes... i wont even have sabodancer on my bar come 1.5, no need at all! saboteur for aoe/range, shadowdancer for melee/movement and really nothing else as those 2 specs cover every boss.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  10. #10
    Telaran Suyheuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    eh 1? your math is worse than G W Bush... shadowdancer beats it, new hoko spec beats it, a few nb variants beat it and the above build beats it... and the nb build also doesnt have bladedancer in it... you need to do more research.

    not to mention full saboteur is insane for aoe dps now with bomb changes... i wont even have sabodancer on my bar come 1.5, no need at all! saboteur for aoe/range, shadowdancer for melee/movement and really nothing else as those 2 specs cover every boss.
    You mean rogue builds are fixed?
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    You mean rogue builds are fixed?
    all but ranger and mm... those 2 are dead souls atm.

    devs better give them significant buffs before 1.5 hits or they will only be used by uninformed that dont realize how bad they are.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Nice to hear something good about PvE, but could someone give me some PvP info? I'd like to kill something else than scripter raid mobs
    Last edited by Liquidoxygen90; 09-21-2011 at 04:57 AM.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidoxygen90 View Post
    Nice to hear something good about PvE, but could someone give me some PvP info? I'd like to kill something else than scripter raid mobs
    even with enkindle "fix", 38nb/16mm/12inf is baller, can kill warriors (not much else can) but dies to assassins 1 v 1 (who cares, all builds die to them if sin opens from stealth), and has enough ranged to rox noobs from range, and IS the anti-blue bar spec. if someone has a blue bar, they will die to this spec, it's that simple.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  14. #14
    Telaran Suyheuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    all but ranger and mm... those 2 are dead souls atm.

    devs better give them significant buffs before 1.5 hits or they will only be used by uninformed that dont realize how bad they are.
    Add Bladedancer to dead souls group. New Contra Tempo is worse than the old one. At least I use old contra tempo in my Tank soul. And 51 BD doesn't offer me build better w/o having Magnify Pain. And I doubt Blade and Soul Parity works properly. With %94 crit change, noone can hit 3shot without crit succesively.
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Add Bladedancer to dead souls group. New Contra Tempo is worse than the old one. At least I use old contra tempo in my Tank soul. And 51 BD doesn't offer me build better w/o having Magnify Pain. And I doubt Blade and Soul Parity works properly. With %94 crit change, noone can hit 3shot without crit succesively.
    yea bladedancer is dead too, but no one cares, bladedancer is so 1.3 :P

    mm needs flat dmg increase on all abilities by 10%, armor pen munitions put back to 16 and contra tempo reworked to fix those 3 souls. ranger pets need to hit harder (like warrior/necro pets) that is the only change it needs.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts