+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rogues worth playing after 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    in the recent pts changes thread i posted why i wont even have a sabodancer spec come 1.5. basically full saboteur is better for anything where sabodancer will beat a 20rs spec, and it does more ranged dps than ranger and mm making it the ideal spec for all trash, any boss with adds and anytime cleaving is needed (while maintaining ST dps). the new sabotuer build will be 46sab/20sin/0x (x being mm/rng if you have amazing ranged wpn or anything else otherwise), i personally have the death lord quest gun and HK melee weapons so i will not be using 0mm/rng :P
    I thought you said it did less aoe dps? I'd think you would still want sabdancer for matron/zilas, grug, garau.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Default Will Rogues be FOTM long enough for me to level one to 50?

Fix'd yer Title fer ya

Soulwalker

Any class is worth playing if you find playing it to be fun.

I've been playing MMO's for close to 10 years now, never once did I quit playing a class because it wasn't the accepted build or spec by the elitists. All you people crying that rogues aren't as powerful as blah blah blah, maybe if you'd pull your heads out your collectives butts once in awhile and play a game to have fun you wouldn't be so miserable.

Play the game to have fun, if you start taking it as seriously as the OP here go outside and get a life. I realize this is a team play based game and people concern themselves with pulling their weight and being a constructive member of their guild/team but just because something isn't #1 doesn't mean it's useless either. A lot of people throws classes/specs into 2 piles; the top builds and the useless builds which isn't the case. Find the soul build that works for you and have fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I thought you said it did less aoe dps? I'd think you would still want sabdancer for matron/zilas, grug, garau.
    too hard to test, high explosives does so much dps that it really just matters how long you have 5-10 mobs alive for, if for 3+ rotations of shrap then the full sab will win due to not needing to use deadly strike, but if only 2 rotations then sabodancer will win (most likely, have to do it on zilas to test).

basically, until i beat my old zilas parse of 3300dps with it, i will say it's less, but i havent been full time on zilas in awhile, i always get on magus duty since ppl suck...

i honestly think it is more dps than sabodancer single target in melee, because at range it is only like 50dps behind sabodancer, and at range it was way higher than ranger/mm, and that was while throwing bombs inbetween spike ticks, i havent tested going spike/blast/blast or spike/shrap/shrap yet on the dummy.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
    Any class is worth playing if you find playing it to be fun.

I've been playing MMO's for close to 10 years now, never once did I quit playing a class because it wasn't the accepted build or spec by the elitists. All you people crying that rogues aren't as powerful as blah blah blah, maybe if you'd pull your heads out your collectives butts once in awhile and play a game to have fun you wouldn't be so miserable.

Play the game to have fun, if you start taking it as seriously as the OP here go outside and get a life. I realize this is a team play based game and people concern themselves with pulling their weight and being a constructive member of their guild/team but just because something isn't #1 doesn't mean it's useless either. A lot of people throws classes/specs into 2 piles; the top builds and the useless builds which isn't the case. Find the soul build that works for you and have fun with it!
    I completely agree. Rogues were never bad if played by good rogues. If played by good rogues they were almost unbeatable. A good player can make a spec work by knowing its limits.
    Better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlebot View Post
    I completely agree. Rogues were never bad if played by good rogues. If played by good rogues they were almost unbeatable. A good player can make a spec work by knowing its limits.
    only in pvp, and that goes for all classes

in pve, we were way behind warriors in melee dps, and way behind mages at range dps, and not even close, but way behind. the numbers dont lie, serious changes were needed in 1.5 due make up for this. fortunately, 1.5 addressed many of these issues and will put us where we need to be.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Ascendant

wrong, many builds beat sabodancer and the top build doesn't have bladedancer in it at all (sin/rs/mm).
    Thanks, Hoko. You've just given Trion another spec to nerf (like they have all of the others you've posted).

I think the bottom line is that rogues are not getting buffed at all. Trion is just shuffling some talents around, buffing a few and nerfing others. It's all smoke and mirrors. All in all rogues will break even to where they are now. Meanwhile warriors and chlorolocks will remain OP beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Thanks, Hoko. You've just given Trion another spec to nerf (like they have all of the others you've posted).

I think the bottom line is that rogues are not getting buffed at all. Trion is just shuffling some talents around, buffing a few and nerfing others. It's all smoke and mirrors. All in all rogues will break even to where they are now. Meanwhile warriors and chlorolocks will remain OP beasts.
    lol they do anymore nerfing and they wont have a class left.

ranger, mm and bladedancer (as a full soul) are all dead for dps right now, if they want us to truly have options they will either revert some of the recent nerfs or add some much needed buffs to those 3 souls.

lol they do anymore nerfing and they wont have a class left.

ranger, mm and bladedancer (as a full soul) are all dead for dps right now, if they want us to truly have options they will either revert some of the recent nerfs or add some much needed buffs to those 3 souls.
    I agree with you here, I was going to test out some builds dps wise and go from there, personally I'm not a fan of Sabdancer and never will be. Something just doesn't feel right with it, but if it's the only way to get into t2 dungeons / raids, screw it... I can put up with a soul for abit, otherwise I just go bard... It's a sad ****ed up life for rouges if the nerfs keep coming. >:
    Wonder what would happen if we'd all stick around.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Demonne View Post
    Fix'd yer Title fer ya
    Loled

This is what I thought too ...

PvE opinion only here but here we go. Bard yes (but not everyone likes it and there is only one slot) sabodancer yes, 51 marksman maybe, 51 sin maybe BUT only single target, 44+ sabo maybe som sort of blade dancer focused build maybe. There are A LOT of maybe's. With all the changes being done not only the primary souls but the ones supporting them are also up in the air since the buffs and nerfs hve happened in such rapid succession that we really haven't hd a lot of time to test different build types.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    PvE opinion only here but here we go. Bard yes (but not everyone likes it and there is only one slot) sabodancer yes, 51 marksman maybe, 51 sin maybe BUT only single target, 44+ sabo maybe som sort of blade dancer focused build maybe. There are A LOT of maybe's. With all the changes being done not only the primary souls but the ones supporting them are also up in the air since the buffs and nerfs hve happened in such rapid succession that we really haven't hd a lot of time to test different build types.
    speak for yoursellf, i've spent hours every night testing new changes and right now, only saboteur is any good.

speak for yoursellf, i've spent hours every night testing new changes and right now, only saboteur is any good.
    I thought marksman was at least decent, it's not 100-150 dps close to sab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Test it, I've seen you on the PTS gunzip.

I know this afternoon I am going to test everything I can to try and find something that works.

If nothing but sabdancer or saboteur is what we have left... and nothing changes before next week... definitely going to be leveling and gearing up my warrior instead of playing my now PoS rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I thought marksman was at least decent, it's not 100-150 dps close to sab?
    nope, beats ranger tho which falls farther and farther away each patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast