+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 pt Nightblade

Default 51 pt Nightblade

Is the buff to Living Flame enough to make a 51 pt viable in DPS PvE?
    I haven't been on the PTS yet to test out parsing.

Note- I'm not saying top, I'm saying viable.

I love the Nightblade. I would really like to be able to justify to myself playing it again in a raid situation.

Rift Chaser

if the cd was reduced to 30s i would say yes but the sheer fact that its a 1 minute cd that isn't overly good makes it not really viable

Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    if the cd was reduced to 30s i would say yes but the sheer fact that its a 1 minute cd that isn't overly good makes it not really viable
    Damn - Hey Trion ^^^^^^ make it 30s plox. I want my 51 pt NB back

Banned

Yea Ive been pissed off at these nice AoE skills that have a long cooldown for a class that has basically no aoe to speak of. Bladedancer has a nice one that has the same problem.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-20-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    i dont think they will

51NB/12 infi/ something is pretty dam good and living burst provides a very solid burst that a 1min cd should do
    lower to 30s could mean a damage loss to ~50% or 25% wich would make it undesirable for pvp and for pve since there are better AoE dps speccs
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Ah, so Nightblade sounds like these changes are more intended for PvP then?

Since no one will spec 51 to get the living flame for PvE?

Just wondering what their motivation was for buffing that skill. I figured they were enticing people to make a deep NB build viable for something.

Shadowlander

I don't think it's possible to make Living Flame worth going that deep into NB.

Shield of Telara

Definitely think this was a PvP only change.

And I actually like 51 NB, living flame + ebon fury is very nice burst dps for PvP, even at it's current state.

It would be cool if they changed living flame to a buff, that could be toggled on or off, and then just reduced the dmg by like 50%, that way it was always on. Change it from the current bursts coming from your body to just a simple reddish orange glow and then add another 51 point ability that allows you to amplify the damage from it on a 1 minute cooldown back to the original damage currently on live or PTS.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post

And I actually like 51 NB, living flame + ebon fury is very nice burst dps for PvP, even at it's current state.

It would be cool if they changed living flame to a buff, that could be toggled on or off, and then just reduced the dmg by like 50%, that way it was always on. Change it from the current bursts coming from your body to just a simple reddish orange glow and then add another 51 point ability that allows you to amplify the damage from it on a 1 minute cooldown back to the original damage currently on live or PTS.
    That sounds way to OP
    thats basicly living flame on all the time and then a 4s actual living burst then back to ur living flame

ppl would cry big mean rogues could just stand near you and u would die cuz of their presence
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

wouldn't that change make it similar to hellfire blades then? not what it does, but functionality I mean (with a buff that is on all the time and a glow to represent it when it procs)
    Last edited by jadakin; 09-20-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    That sounds way to OP
    thats basicly living flame on all the time and then a 4s actual living burst then back to ur living flame

ppl would cry big mean rogues could just stand near you and u would die cuz of their presence
    I see no problem with that

Shield of Telara

That sounds way to OP

Well, it could probably use some tweaking ;)
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Plane Touched

Well, it could probably use some tweaking ;)
    alot of tweaking

reduce the damage to the always up buff to 25%
    make the 4s cd buff it to current living flame/rename it living burst or something fiery and evil
    make it ignore stealth target to avoid QQ
    only procs vs target that attacked the rogue or the rogue attacked and are in 5 metier range

still, a river of tears would appear on forums

Ascendant

For PvP i am excited about going with two 51 NB's, dark malady + living flame while a cabalist pulls everyone near us. Could be a good suicide bomber build.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

That sounds way to OP

I could live with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast