+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6 Suggestions that would fix the bard.

Rift Disciple

Arrow 6 Suggestions that would fix the bard.

1. New ability at 0 points in the tree, "Motif" adds a buff to your raid members for 15 seconds. 0.5 second casting time. No target required. 60 Energy. [Read everything before you comment]
    Rename "Motif of Bravery" to "Bravery": Your Motif now increases your raids attack power and spell power by X. Increases the casting time of Motif by 0.5 seconds.

Rename "Motif of Focus" to "Focus": Your Motif now increases your raids critical hit and spell critical hit chance by 5%. Increases the casting time of Motif by 0.5 seconds. For each Motif on a target past the first, increase this effect by 1% (Max of 10%).

Rename "Motif of Tenacity" to "Tenacity": Your Motif now decreases the damage your raid takes by 5%. Increases the casting time of Motif by 0.5 seconds. For each Motif on a target past the first, increase this effect by 1% (Max of 10%).

Rename "Motif of Grandeur" to "Grandeur": Your Motif now increases the healing recieved by your raid by 5%. Increases the casting time of Motif by 0.5 seconds. For each Motif on a target past the first, increase this effect by 1% (Max of 10%).

Rename "Motif of Encouragement" to "Encouragement": Your Motif now causes up to 5 surrounding creatures to follow you.

Rename "Verse of Joy" to "Joy": Your Motif now increases regeneration of Mana, Energy, and Power by your raid members by 10%. Increases the casting time of Motif by 0.5 seconds. For each Motif on a target past the first, increase this effect by 1% (Max of 15%).
    2. "Street Smart" has been replaced with "Marching Orders": Allows "Motif" and "Cadence" to be cast on the move.

3. "Invigorate Soul" has been reworked: All damage abilities in the bard soul heal up to 5 party/raid members for 20/40/60/80/100% of the damage dealt.

4. Rename "Motif of Regeneration" to "Verse of Regeneration"

5. "Verse of Captivation" and "Verse of Fascination" are now unbreakable for the first 25% of the effect. (2 seconds max)

6. "Verse of Vitality" cooldown is reduced to 20 seconds.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

Rift Disciple

Ok, number 4 is more clean up from my suggestion then a fix in its own right ... and here is another,

7. "Resonance": Anyone affected by your "Motif" is granted "Resonance" which increases all their stats by 1/2/3/4/5%. Only one Resonance may affect a player at one time.
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

Banned

If theres a cast time then you cant buff on the run which isnt good.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    If theres a cast time then you cant buff on the run which isnt good.
    heh, [Read everything before you comment]

Read suggestion #2 again.

So basically, you want to combine all Motifs into one Channeled "song" that can be cast on the move?

The idea isn't bad, but I dislike your execution. First, the duration of the buff effect isn't increased which is one of the primary issues I would like addressed. Second, you don't address all the conflicts with stacking that we have with Archons and Warlords. Third, the energy cost is so high (60) that we will often be forced to wait to regen the energy necessary to start casting it. Fourth, you seem to want to continue the inclusion of the most worthless ability in the game: Motif of Encouragement (Encouragement). Fifth, you seem to suggest that we have all those buffs as Level 0 Bards which means any Rogue could be a buff bot for the Raid which will never fly.
    Last edited by Mellik; 09-20-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    6 Suggestions that would fix the bard.
    None of your suggestions would "fix" a bard.

The main issue with bards is our lack of scaling. You can put another rogue into my spot, with their higher crit and much lower AP and not see a noticeable difference in raid performance.

Bards damage and healing needs to scale -MUCH- more than it does now.

Think of it like this;

a. If a tank is under the toughness cap, you will know.
    b. If a healer is under geared, you will know.
    c. If a dps isn't geared/runes properly, they will not perform well.
    d. Any rogue with a 51pt bard spec, sub souls wont drastically change this no matter what stat they prioritized unlike EVERY other role in the game, will be a good bard. (Bad soul design)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
    None of your suggestions would "fix" a bard.

The main issue with bards is our lack of scaling. You can put another rogue into my spot, with their higher crit and much lower AP and not see a noticeable difference in raid performance.

Bards damage and healing needs to scale -MUCH- more than it does now.

Think of it like this;

a. If a tank is under the toughness cap, you will know.
    b. If a healer is under geared, you will know.
    c. If a dps isn't geared/runes properly, they will not perform well.
    d. Any rogue with a 51pt bard spec, sub souls wont drastically change this no matter what stat they prioritized unlike EVERY other role in the game, will be a good bard. (Bad soul design)
    I had never thought of it this way. This is a good point. Literally every bard is just the same as the next, unless someone has healing essences or a healing trinket. Interesting. And very, very poor soul design.

No battle res?

Those of us who frequently bard have been asking for a battle res before they came out with the OoC res.

We still want one
    Last edited by Raiga; 09-20-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Banned

heh, [Read everything before you comment]

Read suggestion #2 again.
    Sorry, when suggestions suck I dont read the whole thing.

power chord refreshing motif timers is all it would take to fix the tediousness of the class. damage and healing is a whole new ball game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Sorry, when suggestions suck I dont read the whole thing.
    Oh, they suck do they ... well then, maybe I need to spell it out for you so that someone of your intelligence can get it.

1. Motifs turn from a 5 second down time,6 button presses, 24 second repeating ordeal into a 2.5 second downtime, single button refresh, 30 second repeatable.
    2. Motifs increase with more bards.
    3. Cadence is castable on the move.
    4. All bard damage heals (Coda of Wrath, Coda of Fury, and Power Chrod included).
    5. Our CC is actually really good.

This makes bards far, FAR better then they are right now. If you don't think Coda of Fury healing for the damage it does as "suck" then you are truely just dumb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    So basically, you want to combine all Motifs into one Channeled "song" that can be cast on the move?

The idea isn't bad, but I dislike your execution. First, the duration of the buff effect isn't increased which is one of the primary issues I would like addressed. Second, you don't address all the conflicts with stacking that we have with Archons and Warlords. Third, the energy cost is so high (60) that we will often be forced to wait to regen the energy necessary to start casting it. Fourth, you seem to want to continue the inclusion of the most worthless ability in the game: Motif of Encouragement (Encouragement). Fifth, you seem to suggest that we have all those buffs as Level 0 Bards which means any Rogue could be a buff bot for the Raid which will never fly.
    1. The duration has never been the issue ... its the fact you get a total of 25 second because by the time you are done with the buff cycle your first buff is already down to 25 second because you spent 5 seconds and 100 energy to buff your raid. The new Motif would be 2.5 seconds and 60 energy which would apply it all in one full 30 second duration.
    2. I wrote into it that Motifs would stack with themselves by a small amount over the first application. Isn't a far stretch to make it stack with similar buffs.
    3. 60 energy at a 22 enegy per second regen vs the 100 energy it cost before for the same buff cycle. What do you think is adequet?
    4. Encouragement isn't taking up some sort of "slot" over another ability. There are no "slots" in rift ... the devs can throw in abilities where ever they want in a soul. It is just a fluff ability that some people like. I don't care for it, but that doesn't mean it should just be deleted. It doesn't add or take anything away, so whats the harm?
    5. Um no, reread #1. You get access to the buffs at the same points as you got them before. Only difference is that they are applied all at once through the new Motif ability.

Oh, they suck do they ... well then, maybe I need to spell it out for you so that someone of your intelligence can get it.

1. Motifs turn from a 5 second down time,6 button presses, 24 second repeating ordeal into a 2.5 second downtime, single button refresh, 30 second repeatable.
    4. All bard damage heals (Coda of Wrath, Coda of Fury, and Power Chrod included).

This makes bards far, FAR better then they are right now. If you don't think Coda of Fury healing for the damage it does as "suck" then you are truely just dumb.
    1) Meh. Inadequate solution.
    2) Still wouldn't be worth it to stack bards, it just makes it less useless.
    3) Obviously necessary.
    4) Overpowered to high ****ing hell. Bards should NOT be main healers, this would bring us pretty close to that. Also, what use would coda of restoration be when wrath/fury would damage and heal? ESPECIALLY with so low in the soul to get this talent.
    5) Our CC is actually already useful. We aren't a CC class in this game, we shouldn't get something that doesn't break for 2 seconds, it would just be spam-able on mobs, making raid trash and anything really stupidly easy.

Actual things that should be done:
    1) Leave motiffs as instant cast with 20 energy cost. Increase their duration by 15 seconds. Double their effectiveness. (i.e. Motiff of Tenacity would reduce incoming damage to the raid by 10%). Alter all motiffs to be aura's; a buff on the bard that spreads to raid members within range. (If applicable)

2) Change Motiff of Regeneration to read, "Plays a Motiff that increases all outgoing healing by the bard's abilities by 100% and increases the amount of targets that the bard's Cadence and Coda of Restoration can heal by 5."

3) Change Motiff of Bravery to increase the attack power and spell power of raid members by 15% of the bard's attack power. YAY SCALING!

4) Add on to all motiff's: Only 3 Motiffs can be active at one time. This forces players to choose between whether they want AP/SP, 10% to phys/spell crit, 10% reduction in raid damage, 10% increased healing, or double bard healing. This adds a dynamic of either good offensive buffs, good defensive buffs, or a moderate mixture to be adjusted based on fight (dps race or hard on tank/heals), or sometimes even changed multiple times in a fight.

5) Change resonance to a buff that increases 2 attributes of all raids members by 5% per motiff active: Motiff of Bravery increases Strength and Intelligence, Motiff of Focus increases Dexterity and Intelligence, Motiff of Tenacity increases Strength and Endurance, Motiff of Grandeur increases Wisdom and Endurance, and Motiff of Regeneration increases Wisdom and Dexterity.

6) Change the positions of Motiff of Regeneration, Fanfare of Knowledge, and Verse of Joy. Stupid as **** to have the int/wisdom buff at 40 points in to bard. Since Motiff of Regeneration would actually be incredible, it would be better to have that farther into the bard tree, so put it as the 51 pt ability, Verse of Joy as the 40 pt ability, and Fanfare of Knowledge as the 24 pt ability.

7) Change deafening music to also increase the damage of cadence, and increase attack power contribution to cadence, coda of fury, and coda of wrath by 20/40/60/80/100%.

8) Change Triumphant Spirit to no longer include Motiff of Regeneration and to increase the attack power contribution towards Coda of Restoration and Verse of Vitality by 50/100/150%.

9) Reduce the cooldown on Verse of Vitality to 30 seconds. Reduce the base healing of Verse of Vitality by 25%.

10) Reduce the cooldown on Verse of Joy to 1 min, 30 seconds. Reduce the duration to 10 seconds from 15. Change the mana regeneration to 10% of the bard's AP per second rather than a flat 50.

11) Cause Improved Anthem of Confidence to also cause the Bard's Cadence to allow movement while channeling. hhhrrrrmmmm... more reason to use the anthem that doesn't share a stacking with other buffs.

12) Remove Coda of Cowardice and Coda of Distress. Debuff's are the archon's domain. Replace extended grief with "Lively Spirit", a passive buff that gives the bard's Coda of Fury and Coda of Wrath a 10/20% chance per combo point used to increase all outgoing life damage by 10% per stack and increase the healing of the next Coda of Restoration by 30% per stack, lasting 10 seconds, to a maximum of 5 stacks. Casting Coda of Restoration removes all stacks. This would make bard fun to play because of the continued refreshment/timing of removal/weaving in motiffs due to this buff.

THESE are actual changes that would help the bard.
    Last edited by McWaffles; 09-20-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Banned

This doesnt make Bards far better at all. It just puts a bandaid on a bad soul. Seems to me you are your guilds Bard b1tch and are just getting sick of it.

I like these ideas...

I could really care less if casting of Motifs remained the same- I used to it now...but it would be nice to have more effectiveness with additional Bards. Cadence is already screaming "silence me" for a pvp'er...so at least make it mobile.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast