+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello MM!

Default Hello MM!

Wake up this morning was like see an update and loged in, it was like Christmas!

They made 40mm/26rng/0rs awesome again! 38mm/28rng/0rs is the good too but I'll take my back jump!

So when in raid and stuff trying to like hit me and I ma *like* "back jump" aha! Still in range cuz of my 35 awesomeness! Not in range? Tele back with 0 point rs!

I forgot where the old one went, those of you don't know the spec it's something like this and you can swap points to your like:
    http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...angerbuild.jpg
    Last edited by Shroomkin; 09-19-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Edit: Don't use that 3/3 15% Deadeye crit talent anymore.

Rotation is like:
    Shadow Fire > Quick Shotx3>Headshot/Rapid Fire Macro>Strafe>Headshot/Rapid Fire Macro>Reload>Strafe>Headshot/Rapid Fire>Click what's in CD else Quick Shot/Finisher

Don't mind my engrish, I am just too excited.
    Last edited by Shroomkin; 09-19-2011 at 12:45 PM.

MM's gonna be nasty now.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

So what kind of dps are you getting with what buffs and gear?

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Try it your self, and compare to your w/e old parse. =P

Also, 2 points in MM gains 10% extra ap from abilities and slightly bigger Munition hit.
    2 points in Rng gains 6% pet damage, an 2% pet aoe reduce damage taken.
    (Not counting 2% from MM or Rng form master archer and shadow fire)
    Last edited by Shroomkin; 09-19-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Rift Disciple

How would a 44 MM spec work with the same playstyle? I haven't gotten a chance to look at the trees lately. How much DPS would you lose switching 4 points to MM for eradicate?

I would go for a completely different spec instead of choosing rng for PVP, but for PvE you would loose an instant pet summon and that could hurt you significantly in a heavy OHKO melee run out fight. You need at least 23 points to get 3/3 Prey on the Weak and keep pet crit proc uptime which is better than 3 points in MM (15% overall damage vs 15% ap from abilities) but you still lack 1 point for Eradicate. Eradicate isn't important in raid unless you have no offensive dispelling which you should slap your raid lead.

Sorry about that just to clear things up, this is a PVE spec.
    Last edited by Shroomkin; 09-19-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Banned

I get about 1400 dps with relic + 55dps bow but thats with the pet buff which is always going to be dead in pvp. Without the pet its about 1200 maybe a bit less. I do basically the same dps with 44pt Sab
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-19-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Rift Disciple

I assumed it was. I still like eradicate. Period. Even if I'm running a PvE build, I think being able to bring additional raid utility is never a bad thing. Ever. No, you probably don't NEED to have a purge in the build, but being able to include one without terribly gimping your DPS means you don't have to make clerics or mages do it, which is a plus. Being able to double up and use the spec in PvP is just icing on the cake.

Banned

actually my bad, there was a couple of things in MM that I didnt train on the PTS. This build I get about 1550-1600, with 51 MM I get 1500-1550 and its petless but that number will go lower in PvP since people will use the vamp debuff instead of Silver Tip or Electrified Ammo, Im not sure which is better for PvP since Silver Tip takes 15 shots to get its full debuff.

I cant figure out how to copy my live character to the PTS and test with my gear since the button is greyed out.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    actually my bad, there was a couple of things in MM that I didnt train on the PTS. This build I get about 1550-1600, with 51 MM I get 1500-1550 and its petless

I cant figure out how to copy my live character to the PTS and test with my gear since the button is greyed out.
    It's been bugging somewhat some days I can transfer others I can't frustrating since as I get upgrades and currency want to recopy.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Rift Disciple

for me T3 with relic weapons (best of ROS+GS), selfbuffs, no buffs from anyone else, no consumables on ptr:
    melee-sabo = 20rs/sin/mm = 20rs/bd/sin = 51mm/15rng/0rs = 1250-1300 dps over 1mio dmg parses each
    amazing buff to ranged damage this hotfix!
    the most important part: mm-points 38-51 are 65% ap-bonus to all ranged attacks -> strong fan out with 2k dps on 3 targets.
    singletarget dps is important, but to be able to dish out some serious aoe is also very important vor raids.

port forwards, backwards, sprint, aoe, 35m range, interrupt/silence, (purge), (snare), (slow), (aoe-armordebuff), (aggrodump to a lowlevel pet for a secure start into any fight), aoe-heal-debuff
    lots of utility and good damage... <3
    Last edited by Almornik; 09-19-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Banned

Yea its good for PvP but Sabodancer still comes out on top with AoE damage even with the nerf. The sad part is you need to take 2 points out of Combat Efficiency to put them into Improved Blast Charge if you want to spec for single target.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomkin View Post
    Edit: Don't use that 3/3 15% Deadeye crit talent anymore.

Rotation is like:
    Shadow Fire > Quick Shotx3>Headshot/Rapid Fire Macro>Strafe>Headshot/Rapid Fire Macro>Reload>Strafe>Headshot/Rapid Fire>Click what's in CD else Quick Shot/Finisher

Don't mind my engrish, I am just too excited.
    With 38/28 You'll get more dps using splinter shot in the rotation. You did spend 3 points in the mm tree to improve its' damage by 21%. With a synergy crystal it's a lot more dps. Also gives 2 cp's. This allows you to take 1 point out of quick shot and put it in crippling shot, which hits harder. Also allows you to go 5/5 double shot, which procs munitions. Pretty much mandatory for anyone going that high in ranger.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 09-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Plane Touched

What did they change?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast