+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redeemer

Thread: Why is rogues damage shield weakest.. and not perma?

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default Why is rogues damage shield weakest.. and not perma?

    Why do mages and warriors get a perma damage shield? and it does more damage... ohh and rogues get a 15 sec use 2 min timer.....

    Sorry makes no sense since we are fixing rogues I say take the double damage to poisons off since we have a buff for that now.. and make this perma.. well 1 hour buff.. damage shield and buff it to the same level as mages and warriors.... if not why?

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    The damage shield is in the tanking soul. It's for tanking. It's not used primarily for damage, but for threat. Also, what does the damage shield have to do with poisons and why is it one or the other?

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    The damage shield is in the tanking soul. It's for tanking. It's not used primarily for damage, but for threat. Also, what does the damage shield have to do with poisons and why is it one or the other?
    Ummm sorry but it on the current op face rolling pvp spec.... so again why?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    because the devs hate rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Ummm sorry but it on the current op face rolling pvp spec.... so again why?
    So are Guarded Steel and Instigate. Doesn't mean they were made for a facerolling pvp spec.

  6. #6
    Champion ShazzamCrucia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Why do mages and warriors get a perma damage shield? and it does more damage... ohh and rogues get a 15 sec use 2 min timer.....

    Sorry makes no sense since we are fixing rogues I say take the double damage to poisons off since we have a buff for that now.. and make this perma.. well 1 hour buff.. damage shield and buff it to the same level as mages and warriors.... if not why?

    They are nerfing the way damage shields proc so this will be less of an issue.


    "Ninjahax

    The damage shield is in the tanking soul. It's for tanking. It's not used primarily for damage, but for threat. Also, what does the damage shield have to do with poisons and why is it one or the other?

    "

    He's talking about poison malice from Sin. Damage shield = dmg to attackers on hit

    You are thinking of absorb shield xD

  7. #7
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Actually Rift Stalkers have a damage reflect tied to them shifting now on the PTS.


    Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara


  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Oh, he's not talking about the new damage reflect proc on teleports. Poison Malice isn't a shield, but ok.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Poison Malice is really a weak ability. Now after 1.5 the double poison part is pretty good.. but the damage shield needs to be a hour buff like other classes damage shields or the damage needs to be boosted about 4x.. since it cant be up all the time make it hurt if it is.

  10. #10
    Champion ShazzamCrucia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Oh, he's not talking about the new damage reflect proc on teleports. Poison Malice isn't a shield, but ok.
    That would be a reflect shield. :P

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts