+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Adnoz

Thread: [PvE] Rogue or Warrior?

Default [PvE] Rogue or Warrior?

Hey folks,

Long story short, which class you think is better for PvE? Currently have a lv50 warrior (fresh 50, hardly any decent gear on him) and also have a nearly lv50 rogue. I like the rogue and I'm having fun leveling him but once I hit 50 and before I commit fully to him getting epic craftables, epic mount and the likes, I was thinking whether i'd be better sticking to the warrior.

I'm almost equally interested in dps (melee only)/tank/support and interested only in PvE. Since I'm a total newb when it comes to Rift's end game (I haven't even done a T1 with the warrior) I'd like some decent advice, assuming my priorities are dps -> support -> tank (I've tank for 5 years in WoW, think I had enough of it).

Thanks in advance.

Warrior #1 STDPS in game, #1 tanks.
    This wont be changing with 1.5

(Gear)

Heh yeah, what he said, Warriors are pretty much highest PVE DPS and are for sure the best main tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Warrior #1 STDPS in game, #1 tanks.
    This wont be changing with 1.5
    ^^ This, can't go wrong with warriors, rogues are a support class with hybrid design. Warriors are a pure class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

in my guild the rogues are top dps because our warriors are lazy/bad, 1.5 just means we wont need warriors in our raid because all the rogues have 44dps weapons and the warriors barely have t3/relics.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    in my guild the rogues are top dps because our warriors are lazy/bad, 1.5 just means we wont need warriors in our raid because all the rogues have 44dps weapons and the warriors barely have t3/relics.
    That's suspect, you're saying for real that there's no warrior in your progressed guild that's not pulling competitive numbers or top dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That's suspect, you're saying for real that there's no warrior in your progressed guild that's not pulling competitive numbers or top dps?
    yes, we have 2 warriors that are R8 and one DW's and is behind the rogues and the other bought DW weapons as well and uses the relic 2her, neither beat rogues on normal fights, only sicaron where warriors get such a huge boost that even the t3 ones pull ahead.

on the flip side, we have 8 rogues that are R8 and have 320 hit.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

yes, we have 2 warriors that are R8 and one DW's and is behind the rogues and the other bought DW weapons as well and uses the relic 2her, neither beat rogues on normal fights, only sicaron where warriors get such a huge boost that even the t3 ones pull ahead.

on the flip side, we have 8 rogues that are R8 and have 320 hit.
    I'm R8 also, but I have not done hammerknell yet, are they achieving the hit minimum with HK gear? The only way I can get 320 is using my RoS weapons which are downgrades to my R8 weapons :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I'm R8 also, but I have not done hammerknell yet, are they achieving the hit minimum with HK gear? The only way I can get 320 is using my RoS weapons which are downgrades to my R8 weapons :-(
    t3 token helm and gloves, random t3 neck, rings, hk gun helps but not necessary, but a relic or some other high hit ranged weapon is necessary, then helm, leg, 3 weapon hit runes.

also notice you only need to have 1 r8 dagger to do max dmg as a sabodancer, getting another t3 dagger for hit is all you really need.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 09-19-2011 at 06:07 AM.

t3 token helm and gloves, random t3 neck, rings, hk gun helps but not necessary, but a relic or some other high hit ranged weapon is necessary, then helm, leg, 3 weapon hit runes.

also notice you only need to have 1 r8 dagger to do max dmg as a sabodancer, getting another t3 dagger for hit is all you really need.
    Ah ok, I definitely can use one of my R8 daggers in main hand and use the R8 bow with the +13 hit on each weapon. Very good, I'm gonna be ok this week if I get a spot in HK then.

Well... i know that im not saying anything new but, just play what you wanna play.

They are nerfing and buffing sheet twice a day, you can never guess who top dps of next week will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

i can tell u right now that rogue is more fun to play on 1.5 pts, warriors got nerfs but still top of the food chain, but since their top dps spec is hard and 99% of warriors cannot master it, rogues will be #1 dps for most guilds come 1.5 since there will be many "hoko" specs with 1 button rotations to maximize raid awareness and dps

+ Reply to Thread