+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps crafting set, how good is it?

Soulwalker

Default Dps crafting set, how good is it?

Helllo everyone

The dps crafting set is good as with 4 pieces it gives bonus of 117-229 air dmg. And all the pieces with dex augment are really cool, so with other words it is better than mostly raid tier 1 gear.

But now the real question is: when should i change it?
    I mean let say i have a dagger/axe that drops from gsb with 34dps but my crafting dagger same on stats but only 31dps (with set bonus)
    what would be better than?

I have now i hard time choosing when should i know change or have possibility to change piece by piece the crafting gear with only that gear that will increase my dps, so mostly it is about the dagger that is hard for me to choose.

For example relic dagger from gsb/ros will it be dps increase if i change it for crafting dagger and miss the set bonus?

With other words i need to get hand of seeing that bonus of crafting set how great he boosts my dps.

I thank you all in advance for replying to my thread.

Telaran

for stats
    chest is better then t1 raid
    shoulder is simliar to t1 raid
    ring is pretty good but 10 hit less then t1 raid
    dagger is good stats wise

use the complete set until i got rank 8
    Arnakk <Virus> Cleric - FT 4/4 + 1 - EE 5/5
    Arnakkk <Virus> Rogue - FT 2/5 - EE 2/5
    Lancedufeu <Virus> Mage -

Telaran

Also since it doesnt use a crystal, you could actually use the HK gear and the crafted set together and get the full bonus for both. The only reason i see doing that though is when you have 4/4 hk and are waiting to get the rest of your HK set. The proc doesnt activate that often....if they change that ...it may be worth it, right now the bonuses are meh.

I actually see the set effect proc quite often, esp. in comparison to other proc's, like trinkets, etc. For your off hand, only a few soul's abilities are based on OH weapon damage and auto attack weapon dps isnt huge, so the proc plus good stats are better for you than a stat stick with a little higher dps. the souls you would want a higher dps weapon for are anything with bladedancer that uses quick.precision strike and if you use Rift Disturbance for AoE dps(such as with upcoming dps builds for 1.5). FYI, i see the set effect damage proc about once every 5-8 seconds, usually around 140-180 damage, meaning about 20-30 dps from set bonus vs. (considering an HK OH @44.5dps) a dps boost of around 15.

LASTLY. as a stat stick, the set bonus is ****ing EPIC for ranged dps spec(MM/rng and even for bard) because the set bonus procs on ANY ability, so it is a stat stick with a nice proc
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

IF Trion really is going to push out a t1 raid crystal set bonus, then t1 raid gear > crafted (which IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BEGINNING)

Quote Originally Posted by Malupit View Post
    IF Trion really is going to push out a t1 raid crystal set bonus, then t1 raid gear > crafted (which IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BEGINNING)
    helms gloves pants and boots get you the bonus. as for the 4pc on the set itself its 10-15 dps according to act, for multiple specs. (sabdancer, sozu, hoko) basically as it was said before ring, shoulders, and chest are all as good and in most cases better than r1. deathbringer is a great stat stick but you will want as good a weapon as possible for your offhand if you are running a keen strike rotation.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Soulwalker

OK an example
    Now im using like nimble deathbringer dagger (full set ofc)
    and in other hand r8 pvp dagger, for raids, cuz i have over 200 hit so for raids it is ok.

But let say soon, ill get a relic dagger drop from gsb or ros, then wich of the daggers should i replace the deathbringer dagger (31dps) or the r8 pvp dagger (44dps)?

Btw which of the relic daggers is better the one from ros or gsb? They are mostly the same but only the effect, which one you think is better?

+ Reply to Thread