+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE rift farm / mob grind spec

Default PVE rift farm / mob grind spec

I have PVP/Bard specs, but now im after a decent solo farming spec/build... so tell me what do you use? Interested in solo rift farming or, failing that, just being able to mow down mobs needed from daily.

I have been using hoko's spec... but its a bit harsh on the drinking post mobs
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Soulwalker

In the sticky there is a spec in the 1.3 PVE bible for leveling melee. It has a level 50 spec and it works quite well for general soloing. However, I noticed on the PTS it has been reset and I believe has had some changes. So, it may not be viable after the patch. It's really nice because there is no downtime between mobs.

A Riftstalker / Bladedancer hybrid spec is generally a good idea for soloing / grinding. The self heals and reactive dodge talents are very helpful in avoiding downtime with drinking.
    Khron | DPS Rogue

Shadowlander

I've been playing around with this on the test server. My character is freshly 50th in green quest gear. On live, I have a tough time soloing either the elite golems in Stillmoor or the elite level 50 minor rift bosses. About the only way I can do it is with a Bard/Sab spec but then it gets ugly if I get any adds.

I've tried several different specs on the test server using the same green quest gear. I've been having quite a bit of success with a 51 Sin/15 RS build. I can solo the elite golems without any problems with this spec, and the level 50 minor rift bosses too.

I was even able to do the Mathsonian pack of mobs too, starting with mesing the main one, killing all his protectors, then going back for the elite. Obviously, you don't have the AoE power of a BD build, but I was still able to kill all but one of the protectors before the mes wore off.

Obviously, if you have better gear there are more options. But for poor gear like I've got, I've had great success with that spec.

+ Reply to Thread