+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1.5 Observations

Telaran

Default My 1.5 Observations

About Me:

I am a r6 rogue that typically plays bard or 19/32/15 MM/NB/Inf. I typically am top rogue damage and KBs in every WF I play in and when I bard I am usually close to the top on heals.

Enough about me, here are my observations:

MM still lacks the burst to take down a r8 healer. I tried many different MM specs and none could kill the r8 heal spec cleric that was testing with me. As long as he clensed the vampire munitions he was able to widdle down my health pretty easily. Average duel took 1-2 minutes and he eventually killed me. In world PvP he would never be able to kill me, I could run at any time I liked and got away.

My opinion is this is pretty much how it should be. A single person should be able to blow up a healer.

Later, he specced a DPS spec and I was able to kite and kill him as a MM.

I changed spec to 51NB/15RS/0inf and tried again. I was MUCH more competitive and made him worry a little more and when I changed to 51NB/15inf/0mm I was able to kill him when I used my burst CDs. I wasnt able to kill him until the second time they came up so the duel lasted a about 2:15 seconds.

Later I swapped to Bard and swapped to a healing trinket and 2 greaters for my sigil. Trinket and Greater each put a hot on me and the other greater put a shield on me. He swapped to the highest DPS output spec he could and I was easily able to heal through it. I was using a 11RS/11MM/44bard spec. I didnt try to optimize the spec and was just seeing how the MM and RS changes helped. I was over 1200ap when MM and RS abilities were going.

I am no pro but thought I would share my experiences. If anyone knows a good MM spec I am all ears. I tried MM with Sin, NB, RS, BD, Rang, Inf going from 38-51 in the MM tree.

No single dps with interrupt and healing debuff should kill an equally geared healer, that sort of thing requires team mates and focus firing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    No single dps with interrupt and healing debuff should kill an equally geared healer, that sort of thing requires team mates and focus firing.
    I would agree, if pure healers did ZERO damage. Team game. If teammates aren't peeling, healers should die...it should just take a bit longer than other classes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    I would agree, if pure healers did ZERO damage. Team game. If teammates aren't peeling, healers should die...it should just take a bit longer than other classes.
    It should take more than a bit longer.. it should take much longer for me to kill a pure healing spec cleric than a DPS mage or rogue. They are healing thus countering your damage.

If everyone could blow up healers then no one would heal. They still have to do their job. I do agree if your "team" is focus firing and have a healing debuff on the cleric he should not be able to tank everyone and die soon after he blows all his defensive CDs.

Shield of Telara

no one is thinking about the hidden gem in this patch.....

Debilitating poison... 5% man per proc... and my sin spec on test has it procing 6 times per 10secs.... a cleric with no mana is a dead cleric... 1 rogue will drain a casting healer in 20 sec or less.. 2 rogues will drain a casting healer in less then 15 sec. Same for dps casters.. no mana no casting.

I just cant see why more rogues are not looking at this?

Plane Touched

I think rogues are automatically crippled in duels considering the nature of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    no one is thinking about the hidden gem in this patch.....

Debilitating poison... 5% man per proc... and my sin spec on test has it procing 6 times per 10secs.... a cleric with no mana is a dead cleric... 1 rogue will drain a casting healer in 20 sec or less.. 2 rogues will drain a casting healer in less then 15 sec. Same for dps casters.. no mana no casting.

I just cant see why more rogues are not looking at this?
    because it doesn't proc enough and will just get purged off

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adrin View Post
    About Me:

I am a r6 rogue that typically plays bard or 19/32/15 MM/NB/Inf. I typically am top rogue damage and KBs in every WF I play in and when I bard I am usually close to the top on heals.

MM still lacks the burst to take down a r8 healer. I tried many different MM specs and none could kill the r8 heal spec cleric that was testing with me. As long as he clensed the vampire munitions he was able to widdle down my health pretty easily. Average duel took 1-2 minutes and he eventually killed me. In world PvP he would never be able to kill me, I could run at any time I liked and got away.

My opinion is this is pretty much how it should be. A single person should be able to blow up a healer.

I changed spec to 51NB/15RS/0inf and tried again. I was MUCH more competitive and made him worry a little more and when I changed to 51NB/15inf/0mm I was able to kill him when I used my burst CDs. I wasnt able to kill him until the second time they came up so the duel lasted a about 2:15 seconds.

Later I swapped to Bard and swapped to a healing trinket and 2 greaters for my sigil. Trinket and Greater each put a hot on me and the other greater put a shield on me. He swapped to the highest DPS output spec he could and I was easily able to heal through it. I was using a 11RS/11MM/44bard spec. I didnt try to optimize the spec and was just seeing how the MM and RS changes helped. I was over 1200ap when MM and RS abilities were going.

I am no pro but thought I would share my experiences. If anyone knows a good MM spec I am all ears. I tried MM with Sin, NB, RS, BD, Rang, Inf going from 38-51 in the MM tree.

Have you tried a high ranger spec with a puppy? 50% purge-able debuff that gets put right back on every time the wolf uses maul. AoE doesn't hurt the wolf and you can easily heal the wolf through any damage a healer is doing to it. I've killed a lot of equally geared healers in duels with this.

I don't think it's possible for r6 of any class to take down an r8 mana bar that knows what it's doing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Adrin View Post
    About Me:

only concrete thing i get from your whole post is that your "rank 8" healing cleric is beyond horrible... assuming what you have been reporting is entirely accurate.
    The Guardians - UO RIP 2000
    Lagged Again - Lancelot- DAOC RIP 2003
    ----------------------------
    Pioneers of Competitive PvP.

+ Reply to Thread