+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP gear combinations...

Rift Chaser

Default PvP gear combinations...

I have been thinking for a while some of the best combinations for my gear and wanted to know what others were doing for their setup.

I don't PvE but I was looking at what I should pick up for pvp when I do start raiding to help my PvP gearset. I am already saving for the deadeye greater essence but wondering what other greater essences might be worth the look.

Anyone try the backstab greater essence for assassin builds? Also wondering how much hit people are running as I was thinking about picking up a pve neck or ring to get some hit and added damage with better stats since having more then 1000 valor is meh at this point. I'm aiming for around 100 hit which seems to be the magic number for landing everything.

Anyone mixing some pve gear into their pvp set with some good results and want to share?

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

First of all, you don't raid as Assassin due to the shear fact it's a 1-vs-1 gank spec and for various reasons.. putting bleeds up, clicking your Slip Away button and waiting until the BOSS needs another wave of bleeds don't work too well when you need sustained dps!

Deadeye Shot greater essence? Good luck on that one.. same goes for the Backstab greater.
    They're both ****.

There's TWO and in some cases THREE greaters that work for rogues.
    Deep Ranger/Sozu can use the Shadow Fire greater. (This will change with 1.5 tho, as all ranged specs that goes into Ranger will use it.)
    The tanking one <insert name here> works too.. if you tank :P
    Hellfire Blade greater has also been seen in use by some rogues, but MEH! seems like a very low dps increase.

In short, stick to epic lesser essences.

--

PvP gear in raids? Sure.. works like a charm even if they assraped the R7-8 synergy crystal and Codex trinket some weeks ago.

As for now, unless you have a bad *** guild that's already half way thru HK, your best choice is actually R7-8 gear (Untill 1.5 which introduces synergy crystals for the first raid set), with helm and gloves from the raid vendor set (for hit).
    R8 weapons are awesome, but you will have to fill the hit gap somewhere else.
    PVE neck and rings are needed.

And unless you're at 220 hit for entry level raids after head and leg runes, your biggest dps upgrade will actually be using hit runes for all 3 weapons.
    Completed tedious R8 grind: Done.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

If 1.5 went live today from the PTS, 36 pt Assassin might be the highest dps in PVE.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-18-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    If 1.5 went live today from the PTS, 36 pt Assassin might be the highest dps in PVE.
    single target... maybe, which makes you useless in half the encounters

Rift Chaser

I think you guys are missing the point. I am looking to find what pieces of PvE gear would work well in a pvp set of gear for PvP.

That's what I meant.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

+ Reply to Thread