+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadowdancer 1.5 discussion thread

Default Shadowdancer 1.5 discussion thread

Props to the guy who made the build, don't remember who it is but please chime in and get credit whenever, I just want to post what I'm doing as my rotation and see if anyoen has a better one. this build is extremely fun and has 5 diff gap closers making it ideal for any single target encounter (murdantix, prime, sicaron, king etc..).

The build is 24sin/22bd/20rs as i was told, i dunno the best point placement but after testing i went with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....Vf0A0s.Vuxc0R note that the RS tree is different on PTS but that is the correct point placement. also note i took points out of contra tempo as 10% AP is simply not worth it, they are very low on my dmg breakdown and adding 10% more AP to them will not be greater than 6% dex or 10energy back on finishers (from my testing)

macros

builder:
    #show Backstab
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Backstab
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Poison Malice

shadowdancer:
    #show shadow assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Blitz

finishers: annihilation and deadly strike.

i avg around 1900dps with this build in t4 relic gear without a synergy crystal and just having fervor.

if someone has found a way to eek out more dps with macros, rotations, or build point placements please tell me how.

basically i start the fight with shadow shift/flash of steel since that jumps me 35 meters forward which is very badass if you ask me. virulent poisons avg 110dps, lethal poison avg 100dps
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Attention whoring: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...est-shard.html

Just keep it in that thread since all of this is still on the PTS and everything is still changing.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-18-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

I hate melee only builds, much rather play ranged builds for pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Only way to maximize the dps of this build further is to actually limit macro use by ensuring your heavy hitters, backstab, ps, qs are used while under buffs eg. separate macros. And to also ensure that shadow stalk buff clips your finishers.

5/5 poison mastery is a 200dps buff so its pretty good.
    2/2 new physical trauma is a 50dps buff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Attention whoring: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...est-shard.html

Just keep it in that thread since all of this is still on the PTS and everything is still changing.
    not the same build, not the same person... u are welcome to ignore this thread.

point of this build is the poison mastery points, such a big dps boost that the other build lacks.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 09-18-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

The whole point of the other thread is all variations of using /20RS.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum

Champion of Telara

27 sin/20 rs/19 BD after the latest hotfix yo.

Rotation only includes more Keen Strikes, or just spam 1 macro to use all backstabs etc, just feels a bit weird when spamming 1 macro and annoys me ;D

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Rotation only includes more Keen Strikes, or just spam 1 macro to use all backstabs etc, just feels a bit weird when spamming 1 macro and annoys me ;D
    will need to test this, sounds bout right with the contra tempo nerf.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    will need to test this, sounds bout right with the contra tempo nerf.
    Poisons hit for like 300 or something, a DPS increase by poisons since they hit for 70 + with the 3 extra talents but a small loss of damage with less combo etc.

Parsed 2.430 with untrained RS skills with full HK etc testing and BD crystal with bard etc etc before the changes to the spec (24sin version), i wonder what this can do, havent found anyone to proper test.

The rotation is basically

1)Spam the 1 button macro with the 10th combo being a plane shift

2)The proper rotation with extra Keen Strike.

Need to figure out if spamming the 1 button is better than proper rotation (proper rotation doesnt use backstab instantly on CD since Quick Strike is involved)

Its something like

FoS-->BS-->Puncture-->Annihilate -->

Keen-->Plane Shift-->Precision Strike-->Keen-->Deadly Strike-->

BS-->Quick Strike/Puncture-->Puncture/Quick Strike---> (forced extra Keen Strike here after the Quick Strike change)-->Deadly Strike

Because of the forced Keen from the previous rotation you can instantly do Precision if its ready, but i think it still needs 1 seconds, so i usually do either extra Keen or Plane Shift.

The lack of combo point from Quick Strike isnt such a huge DPS loss, simply because with the previous rotation you had a 0.5-1sec delay on Precision Strike and you had to "wait" for it, or it would cast another Keen Strike.

The bonus of 1 macro spam is that it uses Backstab a bit more, but i havent really tested properly and i really really hate 1 button macros.

Anyways macro 1 is something like Backstab/puncture/quick Strike, macro 2 the blinks, keen and precision on themselves not macroed at least for me.
    Last edited by potis; 09-18-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Are you measuring Encounter DPS or just DPS in ACT?

I'd like to see these 2.4k dps over a 4-5 minute duration. Post screens.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Are you measuring Encounter DPS or just DPS in ACT?

I'd like to see these 2.4k dps over a 4-5 minute duration. Post screens.
    You can ask Igneous and Dragedo, since we were parsing together and Dragedo was barding, when they will see this they will respond.

Parse was 5 minutes.

The parse was with:

Whetstones

fullHK gear+bd crystal

bard buffing/debuffing

And it wasnt even proper because:

1)Untrained RS skills, yes i failed ;D

2)Failed at the rotation for a bit, was at 2.5k it was 6am so i kinda dozed off for a bit and started clicking stuff randomly ;D

3)I am from Europe, i was parsing with 250ms.

4)Annihilate fell off a few times for maybe 5 seconds each time, total 10-15 seconds maybe?

A US player that doesnt lag and doesnt fail the rotation could easily maintain it at 2.5k
    Last edited by potis; 09-18-2011 at 11:34 AM.

after testing, losing 9% dex is no bueno

25sin/21bd/20rs is doing best for me, 2/3 energy buff is all i need to not be starved.

Thumbs up

Cool idea. I'll have to try this sometime!

I'm a little concerned that this doesn't have ranger/mm in it. How will I do damage if I'm fleeing a wrath/aoe mechanic?
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    after testing, losing 9% dex is no bueno

25sin/21bd/20rs is doing best for me, 2/3 energy buff is all i need to not be starved.
    I havent gone that far to parse the dexterity difference, and it wouldnt really matter, check what you gain and lose.

at 27 Sin the poisons hit for 300 or something, Poison Malice makes them insane ;D

I havent gone that far to parse the dexterity difference, and it wouldnt really matter, check what you gain and lose.

at 27 Sin the poisons hit for 300 or something, Poison Malice makes them insane ;D
    3/3 poison potency is a very very tiny increase, 5/5 poison mastery is a HUGE increase. i simply left poison optency at 1/3 and got 5/5 ambidextrous and 2/3 combat efficiency, this is the highest dps i can attain testing all the diff variations.

build looks like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....Vf0A0R.VoxchR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast