Thread: The Bloodstalker - 1.5 DPS build

RIFT Guide Writer

Default The Bloodstalker - 1.5 DPS build

Spec: The Bloodstalker

The Original Sin/RS/X guide.

Best Murdantix: 2751 DPS
    Best Sicaron: 3266 DPS (3 contracts)
    Best Matron: 3418 DPS (single target)

About 1400 AP raid buffed. Exquisite/ cupcake/heroic.

Buffs to manage:
    Stalker Phase(both the perma and timed version. Perma makes sure you turn Stalker Phase one, the timered tracks the 10 sec Stalker Phase 15% damage buff you get upon shifting. You could ignore the timered on and just track Ruthless Stalker, the 15% crit on phase jump buff.)
    Ruthless Stalker
    Baneful Touch
    Annihilate
    Lethal poison
    Leeching or Virulent Poison

I use Leeching. DPS diff is minor, trickle healing is nice.

1.6 Notes:
    First, Impale now also apply Expose Weakness. Just remove Expose from rotation and let the Sin finishers apply it. You could macro with Annihilate, but this build is energy starved even with fervor/tablet.

Macros and Rotation:

Below is an updated builder macro, including off-GCD cooldown buff properly placed.

Macro:
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Poison Malice

#show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

#show Impale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Impale
    cast Expose Weakness *** Remove this in 1.6

Opener:

Stealth -> Expose Weakness -> Shadow Stalk -> Jagged Strike -> spam 2x -> Annihilate
    spam 5x -> spam Impale
    Riftjump -> spam 2x -> Final Blow

Spam 3 GCDS -> Final Blow

In general:
    Keep annihilation up, spam first macro (wait for 40 energy for Puncture/Shadow Assault), Impale with 3x Final Blows in between. It is not necessary to get 5 CPs per Final Blow, 4 is plenty. 3 can leave you energy starved. Keep up riftstalker buffs with 2nd macro.

If you have the Assassin crystal, you can still use Expose weakness on cooldown (but not after 1.6 is released). With raid buffs, I've now seen 91 damage per tick, so 1820 damage for one application of EW! The EW from Final Blow (the Sin crystal) does NOT put EW into cooldown, nor reset the cooldown. The Impale macro will apply EW on cooldown, so virtually every finisher will apply an EW. Feel free to macro EW with Annihilate, too, though not necessary imo.

Alternative builds:
    With Interrupt

Forgo last 2 points in DPS in order to have Planar Disruption interrupt. 20 meter ranged 8 sec cooldown interrupt is pretty sweet tbh. I grabbed Planar Refuge oh crap button and some Hasted Time just for running, but more Exceptional Resilience is a fine alternative.

Slip Away

Drop 1 Imp SS and Poison Potency to get Slip Away. Once your opening Jagged has completed ticking, use Slip Away on cooldown to apply Jagged into the rotation.

Experience, by boss:
    Murda - Great spec. Great DPS, great survivability.

Broodmother - solid spec. Keep rift barrier up and you can live through all bubbles. Your AE is weak but you just keep burning Matron down.

Soul Render - Meh. Good at single target on Soul and jumping to Magus, but overall MM just way better.

Sicaron - Ownage. Great DPS, can shoot while running contracts and rift jump back into combat.

King Molinar - Good if you're on Molly, bad on Dollin. I always pull interrupt on Dollin, so haven't gotten to use this much in this fight

Vladnal - great on Vlad. If you're add control, want more AE.

Estrode - lolestrode

Grug - Awful

Inquisitor - Ok, this build I like for jumping on those damn adds that need killing fast. Survivability in the AE damage on Garau is also solid. Be careful of the rift jump macro when coming back to Garau after killing the add. Shadow Blitz will port you in a straight line - make sure that's not into the purple beam.

Inwar - Great. Good for moving around, bubble can survive landing in the blue rings. Rift jumps no longer appear to port you to the other side of the Tide Lord into a blue ring. Still, be wary.

Akylios - Awful. Looks like all sin specs are awful judging from what I've seen. Rear positional requirement is a killer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Bloodstalker - 1.5 DPS build-362010_sinrsmm_1.jpg   The Bloodstalker - 1.5 DPS build-362010_sinrsmm_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Kurieg; 11-15-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

I still say all these riftstalker hybrids are ridiculously gimmicky due to the simple fact that half of your buffing teleports put you behind the mob. Good luck using it on a fight like Grugonim, Herald, or one of the hosts of other bosses with tail lashes. Great concept, and the numbers don't lie, but I think it has too much room to make you go "oh shi---, splat..."

Plane Touched

Nah, it's quite the contrary. Now that all planeshifts grant stalker, we have a few that we can target / planeshift you toward the target, not behind. You don't have to use them all (macro RS teleports fails for this reason btw).

RS has fantastic utility when it comes to fights requiring movement and, let's be honest, every fight is like that.
    Bleeds, combos, and awesome mobility give these builds excellent damage uptime.

I'm just sad because I used to be special running a stalker hybrid for dps, now I'm magically going to be just another fotm'er. =(

with fervor it's still energy starved, parsing on avg higher than any other build ive tested on pts but very close to the bd version which has infinite energy and another gap closer with a much easier rotation (spam DS instead of impale/fbx2 repeat)

also when i get lucky crits with sabodancer it still parses higher than both, but it's on consistent lol, need raid buffs to get more accurate numbers. also need someone casting armor debuff on mob which makes a difference.

p.s. the rotation is impossible in a raid due to impale falling off before u can get the 2nd final blow in 90% of the time.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 09-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    p.s. the rotation is impossible in a raid due to impale falling off before u can get the 2nd final blow in 90% of the time.
    No way, gotta be easier with energy from fervor/tablet. Thanks to rift jumps on fights like Murda, no issue with re-closing.

Main issue I see with this build is the same for all the new RS jumpin' builds (and as pointed out above) - you end up behind the target on 2/3 jumps, which is no good on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    No way, gotta be easier with energy from fervor/tablet. Thanks to rift jumps on fights like Murda, no issue with re-closing.

Main issue I see with this build is the same for all the new RS jumpin' builds (and as pointed out above) - you end up behind the target on 2/3 jumps, which is no good on some fights.
    id only use this build on murdantix, prime, sicaron and king. still need sabodancer and either ranger or mm.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    id only use this build on murdantix, prime, sicaron and king. still need sabodancer and either ranger or mm.
    Your mage is STILL 34???????

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    Your mage is STILL 34???????
    havent played in over a month it seems.

RIFT Guide Writer

Going to try 2/2 Imp Savage Strike over Poison Potency now. Unclear to me if moving 4 from sin into 4/5 Penetrating Shots makes sense. Armor pen seems meh on the dummy.

Champion of Telara

If armor pen is poor on the dummy it will likely be poorer on the boss since your raid will have additional armor debuffs, and the penetration is probably calculated after the debuff.

yeh. i still think after all the nonsense trion is trying to accomplish..the sabdancer will still be the more viable spec to play...oh well. I 've been playing with this exact build and its so impractical in a raid setting..maybe sicaron and prime..murdantix..well with 1.5 my sabdancer soul will have its own gap closer now so its a toss up.

idk..im lazy now and i guess i got that from playing the sabdancer..I dont wanna watch for every 10 seconds to get my buffs back up..oh well..will have to wait and see if there will be a bigger difference in dps from sabdancer to this build.

edit: and come on with these stupid ****ing names..are you serious..it was fine with the first few but cheezus
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

RIFT Guide Writer

Keeping up Impale and not worrying about jamming 2x Final Blow's every time does same DPS, or within 10 afaict.

Impale is a 4500+ damage finisher (so long as it's not clipped), so there's no loss in just making sure it's up and reaping big Final Blows in between.

Build is great single target with the nice constant bleeds ticking + 3 gap closers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Keeping up Impale and not worrying about jamming 2x Final Blow's every time does same DPS, or within 10 afaict.

Impale is a 4500+ damage finisher (so long as it's not clipped), so there's no loss in just making sure it's up and reaping big Final Blows in between.

Build is great single target with the nice constant bleeds ticking + 3 gap closers.
    after tons of testing on a dummy that never moves im convinced this spec will lose 99% of the time to the bd version due to having to watch impale and if you ever use final blow without impale up the dps is too low which means u always have to watch your dot bar to keep impale up as well as the 10 second shadow buffs, way too much stuff to juggle compared to just doing the dance.

RIFT Guide Writer

I find this spec pretty easy to run tbh. So much stuff keeps on ticking along. Since 9 different things all contribute triple digit DPS, fudging one here or there doesn't matter, and it has great room for maxxing via raid buffs and skilled play.

The only thing I sometimes have drop off is the anhilate buff due to it being so long I forget about it. I have that issue with all the RS builds, though, because there's a spam of buff on the buffbar now, and they're all purple and black it seems like.

Telaran

How about u pve guys get a tad more creative with the names of your specs..90% are dumbdancer and faildancer then those hokomoko which sound even worse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast