+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dilemma between rogue and warrior

Soulwalker

Default Dilemma between rogue and warrior

Hi guys,

Ive just got my warrior to level 18 and im considering re-rolling rogue but i havent really seen much on rogues as the main concern on the forums at the moment is how OP warrior is.

Seems odd for me to request to reroll away from warrior due to its apparent OPness but im not a fan of playing the class that everyone else is playing just because its OP.

Bit of history - i used to play "that unnamed game" and played rogue there, im mainly after a class that has a pretty decent DPS output in pve mainly, however a class that doesnt completely frump in pvp would be an added bonus (any class is good in pvp if you know how to play so im not fussed)

Im just asking some of you more experience guys what rogue is like to play during the stages of leveling, raiding and a bit of pvp. Soul choice would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaize View Post
    im not a fan of playing the class that everyone else is playing just because its OP.
    Seems like that's exactly what you are asking. Play the archetype that suits your play style more but understand that rogue is an uphill battle.

Hi guys,

Ive just got my warrior to level 18 and im considering re-rolling rogue but i havent really seen much on rogues as the main concern on the forums at the moment is how OP warrior is.

Seems odd for me to request to reroll away from warrior due to its apparent OPness but im not a fan of playing the class that everyone else is playing just because its OP.

Bit of history - i used to play "that unnamed game" and played rogue there, im mainly after a class that has a pretty decent DPS output in pve mainly, however a class that doesnt completely frump in pvp would be an added bonus (any class is good in pvp if you know how to play so im not fussed)

Im just asking some of you more experience guys what rogue is like to play during the stages of leveling, raiding and a bit of pvp. Soul choice would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers!
    Highest pve dps= warrior
    Extremely powerful pvp viability= warrior

Rogues are a support class, they will never outdps warriors in pve, because rogues have the bard soul that can heal a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Rogues are a support class, they will never outdps warriors in pve, because rogues have the bard soul that can heal a group.
    uh... support class?

heal a group?

we still talking rift here?

We have 1 support soul that cannot heal a group unless you think overhealing counts? The rest of our souls (1.4) are lack luster dps and a broken tank.

As for the future, nothing can be said with certainty as 1.5 is coming and changes are happening every other day it seems.

"that unnamed game"
    World of Warcraft

These days, ideally a rogue should be playing Bard or Eradibot to benefit their team the most. We are a support class, at least from the pvp perspective.
    Last edited by Khronic; 09-18-2011 at 09:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread