+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1.5 Nightblade (PVE spec?)

Soulwalker

Default 1.5 Nightblade (PVE spec?)

I've heard that NB might have got some love on the PTS. I know its predominantly a PVP spec but was curious if there are any PVE specs that are decent (not ideal, top dps, obviously but we aren't pushing top progression)?
    I used to toy around with some NB specs and it was about 300ish DPS lower than Sabdancer (which is fine for me). I just like Nightblade for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Rift Chaser

There's a 38 Nightblade/20 Assassin/8 Riftstalker spec someone has mentioned a few times that they say is parsing well. I can't remember who, so can't credit it, and the description was the points go where you think they would and the rotation would be what you think it would be. Makes sense on paper; all the obvious Assassin points, up to 20 to gain the new Baneful Touch buff, the 15% AP and probably 6% DR from Riftstalker to use the Annihilate buff, and then 38 in Nightblade.

Rift Disciple

I thought NB sucked again post 9/16
    Last edited by Fonk; 09-18-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Soulwalker

I know NB got some tweaks (on the PTS) but I'm not 100% sure on how effective it changes PVE or PVP. I parsed a NB tri-spec type and it was about 250ish DPS lower than sabo or my ranger(ranged) build.

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fonk View Post
    I thought NB sucked again post 9/16
    NB had a bug that was giving the Enkindle talent effect (10/20/30% ap to all fire dmg) to all its dmg sources (even auto atk) and I assume it has been fixed.

That said being said the Devs must have like where the bug placed NB in terms of dmg because they turned around and changed Enkindle to be 15/30/45% bonus ap to both fire and death dmg which is prolly where it was pre-bug fix since it would no longer affect auto atk dmg.

I don't think Sin or RS got hit with any nerfs, so NB should still be one of the better specs out there atm.

Soulwalker

I've played around w/ a 38nb/20sin/8mm build and it's parsing up there with the rest.

Soulwalker

This 38/20/8 Build is obviously come 1.5 patch correct? I assume which points go where for NB/SIN. Which points are you putting into MM and how is that affecting this build (assuming its melee).

TIA.

Champion of Telara

The Baneful Touch buff doesn't help NB enchants that much, unless the NB enchants get boosted 'base' damage from Enkindle. That multiplier with Baneful's damage boost may be effective. I feel the 38/20/8 build needs to be tested carefully against 40/18/8 builds to determine whether it's really worth it.

Tests I ran last night has the NB at 1089 dps compared to 1190 dps on sabdancer.
    I have two T1 raid pieces and rest t2 expert gear or equivalent.

51 nb/ranger 8/ sin 7

I do not have 1000 crit yet.

Plane Touched

38nb/20sin/8rs was parsing fairly well this morning on PTS. A fair bit short of Sabdancer still but the NB build will scale better with raid buffs (Fervor + Tablet) so we'll see how it plays out in the end.

Telaran

Does this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iItkhqgMss.VM stand any chance of being competitive come 1.5? Have tried to keep the focus purely on fire/death damage from the NB tree without having to mix in any other finishers. The 10MM and 7RNG seem like the strongest purely passive buffs available. There should be 2 points left to play with for some utility.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Altyrann View Post
    Does this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iItkhqgMss.VM stand any chance of being competitive come 1.5? Have tried to keep the focus purely on fire/death damage from the NB tree without having to mix in any other finishers. The 10MM and 7RNG seem like the strongest purely passive buffs available. There should be 2 points left to play with for some utility.
    No. You'll need 17 in Assassin at a bare minimum to maximize the NB tree. Be weary of abilities that affect "ranged weapons" attacks in any Nightblade build ;)

Telaran

Has killing focus changed again? Last I saw from the PTS notes it was changed to affect melee as well as ranged. Likewise for MM single minded focus and increased firepower were supposed to be affecting everything now.
    Last edited by Altyrann; 09-26-2011 at 08:59 AM.

There's an old spec thats been around for awhile that uses bladedancer to boost fiery spike damage. It scales surprisingly well in raids (I out-parsed our warriors once! wheee). You can take NB up to scourge of darkness and parse ok. Don't trust the dummy dps because it will change significantly in a raid. Good for target-switches, you get blade tempo and ebon fury for burns. Rotation is much more fun than sabdancer.

Sabdancer, however, will parse higher on any boss that is basically a target dummy.

Edit: Heavy nightblade (past ~32) is a dps loss without 20sin and/or deadly dance incorporated into the build. Sorry, but that's just how it works. I'd love to have a blazing strike setup that works well but I just can't make it happen. I really, really, really want to stab bosses with a flaming dagger >_<
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 09-26-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
    No. You'll need 17 in Assassin at a bare minimum to maximize the NB tree. Be weary of abilities that affect "ranged weapons" attacks in any Nightblade build ;)
    Er, all the MM and Ranger abilities he took affect melee abilities in 1.5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast