+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Question

Soulwalker

Default Bard Question

So what is more important

Attack Power?
    Spell Power?

or what. I mean I assumed Attack Power is what drove the power of attacks for a Bard but I was not sure.

And does Physical Crit help? or is it a waste of time?

I am trying all sorts of stuff with mine to pull out the best dmg numbers I can so I appreciate all info. I did not find the two bard posts on here helpful at all, maybe there is one someplace but I was not sure.

Anyways any input would help

Thanks

Spell power and spell crit are useless for Bard and any other rogue soul.

Healing Greater and Trinket work with bard healing Verse/Coda/Motif.

Telaran

pvp or pve? for pvp adding or subtracting some of an offensive stat isnt gonna make a huge diff imo, it's about doing the right things at the right time or it should be imo , if u into having everything as close to perfect as possible than im not sure

Plane Touched

I'm level 50 and I have yet to figure out entirely how bard works. Since Cadence and Coda hit without fail, why do we need hit rating?

Soulwalker

ya thats been one of my thoughts. So does Physical Crit actually help tho? Because it uses weapon, but would it crit from it? thats why I wondered spell crit... but that did not make sense either. And would going ranger help, since it uses weapon... cause as ranger you would help your rifle or bow and they have a better weapon dmg range... atleast in what I have seen.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    I'm level 50 and I have yet to figure out entirely how bard works. Since Cadence and Coda hit without fail, why do we need hit rating?
    Because, even though they can't be Dodged/Parried, they can still "Miss". A full time Bard doesn't really need as high a +Hit, but you should still have a fair bit of it to avoid outright "Misses". Also, many Bard builds use a fair number of non-Bard abilities, and those can very easily be Dodged/Parried if your +Hit is too low.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 09-17-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Because, even though they can't be Dodged/Parried, they can still "Miss". A full time Bard doesn't really need as high a +Hit, but you should still have a fair bit of it to avoid outright "Misses". Also, many Bard builds use a fair number of non-Bard abilities, and those can very easily be Dodged/Parried if your +Hit is too low.
    I've been running sub-recommended Hit in GSB/RoS and especially HK, to eke out more raw stats, and I can't say I've had any bard abilities miss. Autoattacks miss tho. ;)
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread