+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade PVP builds?

Shadowlander

Default Nightblade PVP builds?

What's the current status of Nightblade in PVP and are there any favored builds right now?

I was looking at a spec like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ros.VdbAzc0R0d but since I haven't really messed with NB before, I don't have much of an idea what I am doing.

Or should I just wait until 1.5?

Plane Touched

No blackout?
    No cleanse Soul?
    I understand side steps
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Rift Chaser

5/5 heat retention is bad (3/5 will suffice) and i wouldn't go that deep into bd for pvp, only need 1/2 improved twlight force and although 15% more dex looks good on paper its generally not a good spend of 5 points for pvp
    Last edited by Arrinx; 09-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tronyx View Post
    What's the current status of Nightblade in PVP and are there any favored builds right now?

I was looking at a spec like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ros.VdbAzc0R0d but since I haven't really messed with NB before, I don't have much of an idea what I am doing.

Or should I just wait until 1.5?
    ya u went too much BD, its a trap of a tree, it relies on the enemy not being immune to CC, being melee and the fight being a small skirmish, wich are rare and usually pointless to victory (Codex and rare moments at Whitefall are the only exceptions)...

take at least 7 points from it (the charge can be handy) and put them into the PvP tree or NB, your call, both will help

I run 51/nb/15infil/0 bd or riftstalker. ran that ever since i hit 50 and nvr had a problem w/ it in pvp. can kill anything w/ this build if played right, and in 1.5 its probably going to b op if wat they have done to nb goes live.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by vendeta View Post
    I run 51/nb/15infil/0 bd or riftstalker. ran that ever since i hit 50 and nvr had a problem w/ it in pvp. can kill anything w/ this build if played right, and in 1.5 its probably going to b op if wat they have done to nb goes live.
    it has next to no consistency is the problem. deadly dance, 5% dodge, and a reactive on dodge that hits pretty hard for a decent 1 min CD isn't worth it imo, maybe once the heal debuff leaches it might be, but the problem is still, without those 2 min CDs you will never have the chance to run into enough people to make living flame and the incoming heal debuff worthwhile, even then after the CDs wear off the leaching won't make you close to a frontline soul, it'll just stall your death by a few secs as you spam primal strike a few times.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    frontline soul, it'll just stall your death by a few secs as you spam primal strike a few times.
    dang edit timer, well what i ment to add is that you would have far less survivability than any tank and do far less damage than any warrior tank

Telaran

imo people should specify scenario when they asking a spec question, can be for pre mades, solo queue and duo queue waterfronts, all kinds of open world pvp. Alot of time your spec should be determined by those around you, if solo pug queing or mainly pug raid warfare u want survivability and group/raid contribution skills, for example if you like to win your solo queue wfs you want something which contributes to the team somewhat, things like debuffs, cc, buffs (raid/group wide stats boosts) or even specs for things like providing points in wfs through the pve aspect of it help alot for sure cause it's luck of the draw, you never know what you are gonna get I've confused myself, damn mary

I currently run this on live.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...s.V0o.xx0R0f0b

I also highly suggest a gunblade variant if you're low pvp rank
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....xzxRVzV0z.VMo

Also this spec is very fun and used by quite a few higher ranked nb players, can take hasted time or planar refuge but I prefer refuge.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...gRos.VIbcho0oz
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

Champion

38 NB, 28 BD is a decent "rogue warrior" WF build. You'll need heals and, like with all other rogue builds other than Bard and Sab, it works best in small-man situations. I've used it before and while it has it's moments, I just honestly prefer playing 51sin/15inf as melee in WFs. It may sound like blasphemy if you read too much into the QQ on these forums but I just find the burst damage from Final Blow and Serpent Strike is more constructive than any sin/bd, nb/bd, or sin/nb variant I've tried.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanile View Post
    I also highly suggest a gunblade variant if you're low pvp rank
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....xzxRVzV0z.VMo
    Thanks for the info and thanks to everyone else for their responses. I should have specified this earlier, but I am a lot PvP rank, in fact, I am not yet 50 (just a few bars away) but I have been playing my as/bd/rs build since the start in PvP and I was looking for a change and NB sounds pretty awesome.

+ Reply to Thread