+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retreat Ability

Soulwalker

Default Retreat Ability

Has anyone had an issue with the Retreat ability where, for example, you are running in one direction and you jump, turn 180 degrees and then press Retreat to go in the intended direction but in fact it just goes the other way. It seems to happen to me half the time, and I have made ample time to press the ability when my characters back is facing the way I want.

This has been depressing when in a Warfront I have loads of people chasing me so I do this and it retreats back into the mob and die, horribly and quickly. It of course works if you stand still or back peddle and Retreat but that isn't really an effective way to kite

The game doesn't update your character position and orientation mid-air.

(This is also why you would take damage mid-air if you jump to dodge Iskaal's GTAoE in DH)

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    The game doesn't update your character position and orientation mid-air.

(This is also why you would take damage mid-air if you jump to dodge Iskaal's GTAoE in DH)
    This is false.

It is a latency problem.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Soulwalker

It could be this koe as my internet is unfortunately made of wood and string

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    This is false.

It is a latency problem.
    Yes and no, high latency will amplify the problem because you would be out of sync.

Wanna test it? Ask a friend or use a practice dummy:

place 5 combo point on the target, get away from it, then run toward it, when you are right in front it, jump pass it (don't turn around) and use a melee finisher mid-air.
    Expected result: the finisher is going to fire even if you're not facing your target.

Telaran

I frequently do the turning 180degree and retreating midair.
    Most of the time it works and I actually move backwards, other times it fails miserably..
    Usually this results in me jumping into the fray I was escaping, not optimal..

+ Reply to Thread