+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By charliekelly
  • 1 Post By Vindicit

Thread: SabDancer on PTS. Blast Charge > Sharpnel.

Default SabDancer on PTS. Blast Charge > Sharpnel.

Test were done with Living Energy, Tablet, Whetstones, T3 test items.

1,530 before the patch (Shrapnel)
    1,400 after the patch (Shrapnel)
    1,600 after the patch (Blast Charge)

Using Puncture.

Rift Chaser

THE HUGE SABO NERF THAT EVERYONES CRYING ABOUT ACCTUALLY BOOSTED DPS? no way!!

but seriously people like this guy http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ncer-nerf.html need to get out more
    Last edited by Arrinx; 09-17-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Shadowlander

Sounds like it slightly reduced sabdancer's aoe dps and slightly boosted single target dps.

Overall a worthless and bland change probably just intended to make it look like they're doing SOMETHING. Come on. Lets see something exciting.

Rift Chaser

When you strip away pretense, it's pretty broken if there's a spec that, when it wants to maximize it's single target DPS, pushes a particular button, and when it wants to maximize it's AOE DPS, it pushes the exact same particular button. Sabdancer can't do incredible AOE DPS while not deviating from their best ST rotation? oh the humanity! Welcome to every other rogue DPS spec up to that point and probably the other callings too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
    When you strip away pretense, it's pretty broken if there's a spec that, when it wants to maximize it's single target DPS, pushes a particular button, and when it wants to maximize it's AOE DPS, it pushes the exact same particular button. Sabdancer can't do incredible AOE DPS while not deviating from their best ST rotation? oh the humanity! Welcome to every other rogue DPS spec up to that point and probably the other callings too.
    Not really, plus now we are further behind the other classes at petty much everything <15 mobs.

Warriors/cab/sc were already ahead at <4 mobs.
    We overtake warriors on 4+ mobs, but are always behind cabs/sc.

sabs didnt need a nerf of any kind. and a little more single target dps shouldnt be an issue, as the other rogue dps specs should be brought up even more to match it. sab dancer was not the top single target or aoe dps in the game. just the highest or close to the highest for rogues. so unless you think rogues were top dps calling in 1.4, then sabdancer needed a boost as well.

I get the same kind of result, self-buffed no consumable.

Sabdancer just got a marginal ST DPS buff and a huge AE DPS nerf.

Not sure sure where Trion is going with that...

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    sabs didnt need a nerf of any kind. and a little more single target dps shouldnt be an issue, as the other rogue dps specs should be brought up even more to match it. sab dancer was not the top single target or aoe dps in the game. just the highest or close to the highest for rogues. so unless you think rogues were top dps calling in 1.4, then sabdancer needed a boost as well.
    Charliekelly, you're my hero.

Why won't they make you the rogue dev.

If they wanted to make blast charge viable just make it get 20% from residual shrap and leave our AoE dps alone.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-17-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Charliekelly, you're my hero.

Why won't they make you the rogue dev.

If they wanted to make blast charge viable just make it get 20% from residual shrap and leave our AoE dps alone.
    with hk gear around the corner i agree with this statement 100% but if other callings didnt get such high aoe dps then we would be #1 by a large margin and that could be considered unfair. fortunately they all got such huge buffs in aoe department that it's a non issue. i mean 51champ is insane, can easily maintain 5k dps with 5 targets with the hk synergy crystal, pyro aoe spam is ungodly, cabalist is OP, yet rogues get an aoe nerf? im confused!!!!!! if anything, blast charge should take 50% bonus dmg as a dot and buff both aoe AND single target dps!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Banned

its a nerf because most fights now are multi-target

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    its a nerf because most fights now are multi-target
    "But vinidict I'm hitting this practice dummy for MORE! so you see..."
    -scrubz

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Even with the nerf we are doing more dps aoe than on live due to the energy buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Even with the nerf we are doing more dps aoe than on live due to the energy buff.
    Hmm no, with fervor and tablet you were already able to use charge on the GCD. In 1.5 you will be able to do the same without tablet.

Same amount of charge doing less damage =/= more dps

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    Hmm no, with fervor and tablet you were already able to use charge on the GCD. In 1.5 you will be able to do the same without tablet.

Same amount of charge doing less damage =/= more dps
    Been testing with Tablet/Whetstones/Living Energy since the first PTS update and ive been saving my damage logs. ATM Our AoE is slightly higher on the PTS then Live.

+ Reply to Thread