+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trion - Huge Bug with Coda of Restoration

Soulwalker

Default Trion - Huge Bug with Coda of Restoration

For bards:

There has been several (numerous) times in raids where I pop this and no one gets healed. I think I discovered the problem. Last night on the 2nd boss in GP, only 4 of us were alive...main healer was dead. The tanks health was dropping, so I get my 5 combo points, pop Virtuso and spam Coda of Restoration for the 15 secs you can. No ones health budged an inch (including my own). I repeat, 15 secs of my "big" heal being spammed and no one gains any health at all...zero. I believe with the "smart" targetting of the "5 people that need it most" it was targetting dead people. Out of the 10 people in our raid only 4 were alive, so the 5 the spell was identifying as needing most were dead, hence the glitch.

This can definitely be the difference between success and a wipe. Please fix.
    Last edited by Augcliffe; 09-17-2011 at 05:17 AM.

this is a known issue, the smart heals are trying to make CoR heal the dead people while ignoring the live people. we are told it is being looked into.

Plane Walker

But dead people need healing love too....
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    this is a known issue, the smart heals are trying to make CoR heal the dead people while ignoring the live people. we are told it is being looked into.
    Sorry to vent, but a "known issue"?!?! This is a big deal, is it not? This should be corrected in a weekly maintenance or even a hotfix. This isn't a "wait until the patch" thing. Unless of course you are totally reworking bard in 1.5 and therefore didn't want to put 30 minutes into fixing it. We know that isn't true though.

Sib
    Shadowlander

Was anyone PvP flagged?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Was anyone PvP flagged?
    Good thought, but no. That's something you'd find out in the first 5 minutes of GP, not by the time you've gotten to the 2nd boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Augcliffe View Post
    Sorry to vent, but a "known issue"?!?! This is a big deal, is it not? This should be corrected in a weekly maintenance or even a hotfix.
    I'd imagine if it could be fixed easily, it would, because it's a known smart/proximity healing issue, along with people Soul Walking and companion pets.

Though, obviously, I can't speak for Trion's dev team.
    Last edited by Kyera; 09-17-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Sorry to vent, but a "known issue"?!?! This is a big deal, is it not? This should be corrected in a weekly maintenance or even a hotfix. This isn't a "wait until the patch" thing. Unless of course you are totally reworking bard in 1.5 and therefore didn't want to put 30 minutes into fixing it. We know that isn't true though.
    Trion doesn't hotfix Rogues. Well, not important things anyways.

Also, this isn't just a bug with CoR.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

why yes, yes it is a big deal, it has pissed me off and drove me crazy (as a full time bard) for I don't know how long now. The thing with bard is; you will get used to being ignored.

P.S. it is an issue with smart heals, some cleric abilities go through this too, even chloros have some issues with it.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 09-18-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Rift Chaser

Yes, this bug is extremely annoying. Just last night at Murdantix a few healers died so I popped Virtuoso to spam heals while waiting for them to get rezzed. But yeah, you guessed it, 5 or more people were dead and I was spamming Coda of Retoration with no green numbers on my screen and the only thing I could think of was "lawl I'm useless."

This should be considered a critical bug at the top of their list of things that need fixing.
    Last edited by Threx; 09-18-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Koe
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    why yes, yes it is a big deal, it has pissed me off and drove me crazy (as a full time bard) for I don't know how long now. The thing with bard is; you will get used to being ignored.

P.S. it is an issue with smart heals, some cleric abilities go through this too, even chloros have some issues with it.
    Also it's more than an issue of smart heals.

Did you watch the video in my thread in my first post?
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Also it's more than an issue of smart heals.

Did you watch the video in my thread in my first post?
    Yes, and I tend to think there is also an issue of pvp flagging. The person you were trying to buff did not have the icon designating a pvp flag, I know you are on a pvp server, so why does he not have it and you do? The other bug..where cadence just stops healing happened to me while I was in a raid but alone with a half ranger solo build I use and cadence was not healing my pet at all, it happened that one time and I haven't seen it happen again, my buffs were still landing on him tho. I have no idea about that one.

Yeah, haven't watched the vid either, but PvP flagging differences will cause this sort of thing too. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast