+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goodbye MM

Champion of Telara

Default Goodbye MM

PTS

The passive instead of Hit and Run seems to be "Decreases energy cost of ranged abilities by 10%"

Changes aren't final. Remember they removed Barbed shot, but it got put back in with this push.

Doh, hope that gets reverted tbh >.>

Marksman is a dead pvp specc after patch 1.5

Only noobs will still play it, I'm rocking Nightblade and Assassin all the way after patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Marksman is a dead pvp specc after patch 1.5

Only noobs will still play it, I'm rocking Nightblade and Assassin all the way after patch.
    Lol
    /10chars
    ~Quiescent

Stop crying over a skill that was stated, on the PTS by Dev in yellow text, to be UNFINISHED.

Cry me a river.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Stop crying over a skill that was stated, on the PTS by Dev in yellow text, to be UNFINISHED.

Cry me a river.

- Vybz
    Can it be a FFA PvP River? Please? I want some, I need some... FFA PvP. A FFA PvP River would be nifty, am I right?

Maybe I should go back to sleep...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Koe

I would be fine with this change if the damage without it goes up.

If the damage goes up, and they left that skill in, it would be OP.

They are testing not having the skill so they can up the damage which is fine.

I say this becaus they want to increase the DPS of marksman.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Champion of Telara

I actually posted this in the PvP forums just to get the discussion going on there.

I dont think its the end of the MM I just think they will be worse in PvP which is why I posted it in that forum area.

I agree MM were looking like they were going to be OP and this is obviously a move to increase their DPS.

MM were a walking ranged burst CD in PvP, I liked that about them. I think this significantly alters their identity regardless of how effective they end up being.

Champion of Telara

Cry me a river.

- Vybz
    I think I would have to be upset to cry, TBH I dont play this game anymore so I really dont care enough to cry over anything.

Theres new updates notes coming out everyday. Best we can do is give constructive feedback and hope they meet us halfway or slash highly unwanted changes. But at the same time with notes coming out everyday, we don't know what else is in store. Any given day we can log in and see a sexy note of awesome improvement. The thought of losing things can be frustrating but it's an on-going process and cooperation gets more done than dramatic complaining.

I do hope there are some tricks up their sleeve because hit and run was one of the MM's peak moments of damage output by a long shot imo (no pun intended!). Would be nice if they do so choose to take away hit and run and gave it a high chance to 'proc' something like an instant cast 'x ability'. But having 15s of it with the potential of the quick reload skill, if H&R is changed, it needs to pack some power. Sort of how pyro's can proc the insta cast cinder burst. I highly doubt they will just nix hit and run and leave it at 10% power reduction. Although they should know better if it is an idea in process, to not release step 1 out of 8, when telling us step 1 without the other 7 makes it look like a hearty swing with that bat we don't like. I hope that is the case.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-16-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

Cry me a river.

- Vybz
    Crying worked for Warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    I think I would have to be upset to cry, TBH I dont play this game anymore so I really dont care enough to cry over anything.
    Why are you commenting on a game you don't play?

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Champion of Telara

Why are you commenting on a game you don't play?

- Vybz
    Thats none of your damn business Vybz

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    PTS

The passive instead of Hit and Run seems to be "Decreases energy cost of ranged abilities by 10%"
    Which actually ups our sustained damage. Now they just need to go the rest of the way and add procs/follow-ups to Emp and possible DE so it will be worth using. I would gladly given up H&R for follow up attacks on Emp.

Also the energy regen increase and the energy cost reduction make EMP much more viable to use. And rework bullseye so it isn't so useless.
    Last edited by Durango; 09-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast