+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goodbye MM

...and the changes are not set in stone yet either, so it's not dead yet.
    Seastone - Pale - Rank 8 Rogue

Rift Disciple

Mere flesh wounds!

Seriously, stop crying. If the only cost of our insane DPS and usability boost is Hit and Run, I'm okay with that. I haven't been able to get in and test the changes, but I've heard only good things. I do feel like they should include the new hit and run passive with a casting time reduction somewhere, but on the whole, I think there's plenty of viability in the soul.

No, we won't have quite the same burst in PvP, we'll have that burst spread out a tad bit more, but between the buffs to strafe and rapid fire shot, we're far from dead. It's not like you always had HnR up 24/7 in PvP anyway.

We sacrificed average burst DPS for above average sustainable dps, plus survivability. I'll take that trade any day of the week. This way we actually do something beyond Eradicate, Eradicate, Oooh! Quick! Hit and Run!, Eradicate, Eradicate, Eradicate, Eradicate, Die.
    Last edited by Willovain; 09-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    No more burst damage.... its dead.
    Rapid Fire Shot still offers descent burst and the 22 instead of 20 ebergy back a tick makes a huge difference to make it easier to non stop damage.

That plus the increased base damage amount to quite a lot of improvements.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adrin View Post
    Rapid Fire Shot still offers descent burst and the 22 instead of 20 ebergy back a tick makes a huge difference to make it easier to non stop damage.

Thats not any kind of burst and the 22 energy isnt going to do squat in pvp.

Rapid fire shot offers one second of burst vs HNR's 15-30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

There's still hope, 14 Seconds CD Rapid Fire Shot!

Rift Disciple

I don't get how people dont' understand the difference between DPS and burst. The reason people say warriors were OP in pvp was because of front loaded burst. This is the kind of burst that matters. DPS is great for pve but its value is much lower in pvp. What matters in PVP is that front loaded kill you so fast only a good healer will save you type burst.

So MM without a HnR type "high burst in short duration" effectively makes it much much weaker than it already was in PvP.

Eradicate = best rogue skill. just assist train warriors and win

Still waiting on final Hit and Run changes to pass judgement on MM. So should you all.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Still waiting on final Hit and Run changes to pass judgement on MM. So should you all.

- Vybz
    I concur. Also nerfing hit and run isn't as bad as some people make it out to be if our damage was upped.

For example..

Say right now HnR hits for 300 emp shot, 1000 deadeye.

We have our damage buffed so we do 600emp 2000 deadeye and 300 barbed.

Over 15 seconds we do the following
    (e=emp shot, d=deadeye, b=barbed shot)
    eeed, eeed, eeed, eeed Thats a hit n run about
    300x3+1000 so about 2k per round lets say which is 8k in 15 seconds about

now we do a non-HnR
    bbbed, bbbbbd, bbbed about the same 15 seconds as HnR if it was up
    300x3+600+2000 / 300x5+2000 / 300x3+600+2000
    900+600+2000+1500+2000+900+600+2000
    1500+2000+1500+2000+1500+2000
    3500+3500+3500
    10,500 damage

So what happened here is we didn't lose burst but gained it, even more so because now we can do more damage then before and without relying on the cooldown.

Now these numbers I made up but right now I hit for 1000-1500 deadeyes on geared players and from what I heard its about double on the PTS.

If removing HnR for consistant higher damage is what we get then I'm for it as spamming eradicate between HnR cooldowns is dumb.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    I concur. Also nerfing hit and run isn't as bad as some people make it out to be if our damage was upped.

For example..

now we do a non-HnR
    3500+3500+3500
    10,500 damage

So what happened here is we didn't lose burst but gained it, even more so because now we can do more damage then before and without relying on the cooldown.

Now these numbers I made up but right now I hit for 1000-1500 deadeyes on geared players and from what I heard its about double on the PTS.

If removing HnR for consistant higher damage is what we get then I'm for it as spamming eradicate between HnR cooldowns is dumb.
    As cool as that sounds it'll only make sense if empowered and deadeye become instant.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shadowlander

For example..

now we do a non-HnR
    3500+3500+3500
    10,500 damage

So, if I've got this straight, your saying they will need to give to give a 100% boost to MM damage, to achieve ~30% damage increase without HnR ...

Somehow, I don't see that happening...

(Edit: And as Vybz said, this also only counts if you can then do the combo again - ie no CDs)
    Last edited by TraciFaahkahrn; 09-18-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Gone for a (long) while... but now I'm back.

Rift Chaser

I understand the situation I presented is far from what might happen but the point is if they increase our damage enough we could be better off.

Even if we lose that burst our sustained damage should go up and that's better because we are getting a felblades healing debuff so the biggest problem that we had will not be too much of an issue(healing through our damage).

The healing debuff in essence doubles our damage when healers are involved in a way.

I could see the other half of hit and run making deadeye and emp shot instant but keeping the 10 second cooldown on emp shot or maybe putting a 5 second cooldown on deadeye but it's all speculation at this point.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

I understand the situation I presented is far from what might happen but the point is if they increase our damage enough we could be better off.

Even if we lose that burst our sustained damage should go up and that's better because we are getting a felblades healing debuff so the biggest problem that we had will not be too much of an issue(healing through our damage).

The healing debuff in essence doubles our damage when healers are involved in a way.

I could see the other half of hit and run making deadeye and emp shot instant but keeping the 10 second cooldown on emp shot or maybe putting a 5 second cooldown on deadeye but it's all speculation at this point.
    Without Empowered or Deadeye shots being instant in one form or another, we're no longer mobile.

- Vybz

Sorry, but I disagree. I have tried many specs and the damage output is def increased. Most builds went to 44MM, and combined it with 15 and 12inf along with deep Sin and even tried ranger.

With the increased damage to auto attacks the ranger tree is more appealing. I am not a fan of the pets but I was impressed with the MM/Ran/Sin.. I had 49% crit with 980ap in r8 gear. I was getting 4 digit crits test dummy with quick shot and strafe?

I run 19/32/15 mm/nb/inf now and that build didnt see the improvments the others did.

There are still a few more specs I wanted to try but MM is FAR from dead.

I wish TRION would break marksman for pve, maybe then you'll feel how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast