+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goodbye MM

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Which actually ups our sustained damage. Now they just need to go the rest of the way and add procs/follow-ups to Emp and possible DE so it will be worth using. I would gladly given up H&R for follow up attacks on Emp.

Also the energy regen increase and the energy cost reduction make EMP much more viable to use. And rework bullseye so it isn't so useless.
    If you're talking about in PvP yes, but in PvE it does absolutely nothing for sustained DPS. MM already weren't energy starved with ferver + synergy crystal + the 10% energy regen buff.
    Deckardcaine
    <Aftermath>
    http://www.aftermath-rift.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eliniell View Post
    If you're talking about in PvP yes, but in PvE it does absolutely nothing for sustained DPS. MM already weren't energy starved with ferver + synergy crystal + the 10% energy regen buff.
    PvP is the selling point and replay value of Rift. The sooner the PvEers realize that the sooner the PvPers will get the game they want.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Which actually ups our sustained damage. Now they just need to go the rest of the way and add procs/follow-ups to Emp and possible DE so it will be worth using. I would gladly given up H&R for follow up attacks on Emp.

Also the energy regen increase and the energy cost reduction make EMP much more viable to use. And rework bullseye so it isn't so useless.
    Sustained damage does absolute squat in PvP. Hit and Run was the only thing we had to kill clerics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eliniell View Post
    Which is why I think they are going to add something in that will soak more energy like follow up attacks.

Default Like the others have said

We really just need to wait and see. Honestly, I'm frustrated with how poorly Trion communicates. It seems that with just a little effort they could have released an in depth synopsis of what they intended to do with the class, along with a breakdown of how they intended to do it in each tree. Unless they are in fact just flying by the seat of their pants and have no real clue what they are doing, but are just pulling levers to see what happens. Even if they just came out and said that, it would be better than this non-sense of waiting around for some little tidbit to leak out of the PTS by a concerned player. Really poor form imo. Bad business is bad.

One thing is certain with these changes, marksman will no longer be pvp viable with the removal of it's cooldown burst capabilities with hit & run's alteration. Every rogue will either be nightblade or assassin for pvp after 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Default What made you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    One thing is certain with these changes, marksman will no longer be pvp viable with the removal of it's cooldown burst capabilities with hit & run's alteration. Every rogue will either be nightblade or assassin for pvp after 1.5.
    They went to the tremendous effort to increase our survivability and gave us a heal debuff. Why in the hell, after doing that would they decide they wanted to make Marksman obsolete for anything besides buffing lol ranger dps builds. Take a look at the other changes and think a bit more about it. Decreased cooldowns on all our major casted attacks. 10% less energy cost. And quotes by the Devs saying that they aren't done yet. Just chill out and take some more time to read. Change doesn't always mean for the worse. Honestly if things in this game stay the same for too long I will get bored. So changing up how I go about murdering people just keeps me interested. If I have to push button 2 more than before and I no longer have button 5, but my overall damage is higher because they made button 1 that much better than I don't really care. Good players roll with the punches, and good pvpers will kill you regardless. Focus more on theorycrafting builds for the next patch. Work them out for yourself and don't listen too much to the forums.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 09-17-2011 at 04:31 AM.

You know what, I don't mind this being changed, as now I won't need to go 38 into MM to feel like I am truly getting the most out of MM for a PvP build. While it was amazing burst, we now have electrified munitions (which does a significant amount of damage), and a good deal of our early talents have good synergy with melee trees.

Anyways, do you understand how insane the burst would be with H&R + Electrified Munitions would have been? I know I woulda boosted it higher and went MM/NB and Scourge of Darkness + H&R + Electrified Munitions.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 09-17-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I would not miind sseeing a passive that gives you a chance of using instance shots to make shots with cast times instant cast, and then have your cast time shots like splitter or empowered shot make deadeye shot instant. THis would give a version of the old hit and run back to tthe mm while also giving alittle more dps and such to the pve side as well.

I have stealth Anyway if they break rogues in pvp, afk stealth ftw ;-)

Champion of Telara

Whats the QQ about?

I just logged on, in full HK gear, Deadeye shot hits for 700 more with the exact same spec.

Everything hits physical WAY more, what the hell are you crying about?

EM got nerfed, in full HK gear and whetstones and MM crystal from 1.1k to ~800, very logical it was OP before.

4.2-4.4k Deadeye Shot everytime now instead of 3.7k-3.8k

1.8k Empowered Shot from 1.4k etc etc

Parsing 1.9k with just pressing 2 buttons, the 2 macro's, no bard buffs no anything.

Spec is still okay, let them finish and see what they will change extra.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Whats the QQ about?

I just logged on, in full HK gear, Deadeye shot hits for 700 more with the exact same spec.

Everything hits physical WAY more, what the hell are you crying about?

EM got nerfed, in full HK gear and whetstones and MM crystal from 1.1k to ~800, very logical it was OP before.

4.2-4.4k Deadeye Shot everytime now instead of 3.7k-3.8k

1.8k Empowered Shot from 1.4k etc etc

Parsing 1.9k with just pressing 2 buttons, the 2 macro's, no bard buffs no anything.

Spec is still okay, let them finish and see what they will change extra.

Sounds like you're only concerned with pve content.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Marksman is a dead pvp specc after patch 1.5

Only noobs will still play it, I'm rocking Nightblade and Assassin all the way after patch.
    Sorry, but I disagree. I have tried many specs and the damage output is def increased. Most builds went to 44MM, and combined it with 15 and 12inf along with deep Sin and even tried ranger.

With the increased damage to auto attacks the ranger tree is more appealing. I am not a fan of the pets but I was impressed with the MM/Ran/Sin.. I had 49% crit with 980ap in r8 gear. I was getting 4 digit crits test dummy with quick shot and strafe?

I run 19/32/15 mm/nb/inf now and that build didnt see the improvments the others did.

There are still a few more specs I wanted to try but MM is FAR from dead.

I was there. Posting away. I remember where i was. How bout you?

9/16 never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adrin View Post
    There are still a few more specs I wanted to try but MM is FAR from dead.
    No more burst damage.... its dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast